Donald Trump

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Kat said:
    You're the president. You're not someone's crazy Uncle
    hahahahahaha
    Have you seen this, dimi? :)

that is amazing! haha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Crazy how mary trump seems to already be yesterday's news. nothing came of it. just incredible how there is so much shit on this guy that none of it sticks. i guess that's the key. too much to focus on, so all of it gets lost in the mix. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Crazy how mary trump seems to already be yesterday's news. nothing came of it. just incredible how there is so much shit on this guy that none of it sticks. i guess that's the key. too much to focus on, so all of it gets lost in the mix. 
    People say "nothing sticks" but it does.  Look at his numbers on truthfulness,  trust,  job approval; they're terrible.  It's not like he's going to be impeached or arrested for all of this.  It all had added up and it sticks. 
    i skimmed an article on forbes a few min ago on my phone. trump is not 400 million in debt. he is about a billion in debt. i will try to find it on my laptop and post it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

mrussel1 said:
    People say "nothing sticks" but it does.  Look at his numbers on truthfulness,  trust,  job approval; they're terrible.  It's not like he's going to be impeached or arrested for all of this.  It all had added up and it sticks. 
    true. i just think these things tend to stick a lot more and bring someone else down a helluva lot quicker than trump. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    edited October 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    true. i just think these things tend to stick a lot more and bring someone else down a helluva lot quicker than trump. 
    But he's essentially a mobster and his ties to Russian mobsters go back to the 1980s.  He owes 400 million dollars to "whoever."

The nepotism alone would have crushed anyone else's re-election bid.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Kat said:
    You're the president. You're not someone's crazy Uncle
    hahahahahaha
    Have you seen this, dimi? :)

HAHAHAHA 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Does shit stick to Bullshit?  It does appear it hits, but slides off.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    So it sticks and people don't believe him...but still support and vote for him?  C'mon.  It doesn't stick.  He wouldn't have even been on the ballot in 2016 if anything did.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Does shit stick to Bullshit?  It does appear it hits, but slides off.
    i think the fly stuck to pence longer than the mary trump book stuck to trump.

mrussel1 said:

Will this stick?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/24/mary-trump-sues-president-trump-for-fraud.html

President Trump and siblings sued by niece Mary Trump, who claims they swindled her out of millions of dollars

President Donald Trump and two of his siblings were sued on Thursday by their niece Mary, who accused them of fraud for allegedly swindling her out of millions of dollars to which she was entitled after the death of her father.

In addition to the president, the other defendants are retired federal appeals court Judge Maryanne Trump Barry and the executor of the estate of Robert Trump, who died last month.

“For Donald J. Trump, his sister Maryanne, and their late brother Robert, fraud was not just the family business — it was a way of life,” Mary Trump’s lawsuit said. “All told, they fleeced her of tens of millions of dollars or more.”

The lawsuit filed in New York state Supreme Court in Manhattan comes on the heels of the publication of Mary Trump’s best-selling, tell-all book that was scathingly critical of the president.

And it comes less than six weeks before the Nov. 3 election, in which the president is facing a challenge from Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

This past summer, a lawsuit filed under Robert Trump’s name failed to prevent the publication of Mary Trump’s book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man.”

That suit claimed that Mary Trump violated a nondisclosure agreement she signed to settle a similar legal allegation about being denied assets due her.

Donald Trump with sister Maryanne Trump Barry and brother Robert Trump attend the Trump Taj Mahal opening April 1990 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
    Donald Trump with sister Maryanne Trump Barry and brother Robert Trump attend the Trump Taj Mahal opening April 1990 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
    Sonia Moskowitz | Getty Images
    Mary Trump’s new suit claims that her aunt and uncles committed to watching over her financial interests when their brother and her father, Fred Trump Jr., died in 1981. Mary was 16 at the time.

“Upon his death, Mary inherited valuable minority interests in the family business,” the suit said.

But instead of protecting her interests, the suit said, the defendants “lied.”

“They designed and carried out a complex scheme to siphon funds away from her interests, conceal their grift, and deceive her about the true value of what she had inherited,” the suit claims.

The alleged schemes included charging “exorbitant management fees, consulting fees, and salaries” from companies that were part of Mary’s financial holdings.

“Defendants perpetrated three fraudulent schemes against Mary,” the suit says.

“Each scheme was a fraud in itself, but they also built on one another. First, Defendants fraudulently siphoned value from Mary’s interests to entities Defendants owned and controlled, while disguising those transfers as legitimate business transactions (the ‘Grift’),” the suit said.

“Second, Defendants fraudulently depressed the value of Mary’s interests, and the net income they generated, in part through fraudulent appraisals and financial statements (the ‘Devaluing’),” the suit claims.

“Third, following Fred Sr.‘s death, Defendants forced Mary to the negotiating table by threatening to bankrupt Mary’s interests and by canceling the healthcare policy that was keeping [Mary’s brother] Fred III’s infant son alive, and once at the table Defendants presented Mary with a stack of fraudulent valuations and financial statements, and a written agreement that itself memorialized their fraud, and obtained her signature (the ‘Squeeze-Out’).”

“Through each of these schemes, Defendants not only deliberately defrauded Mary out of what was rightfully hers, they also kept her in the dark about it — until now,” the suit says.

The suit makes claims of fraud, civil conspiracy and breach of fiduciary duty.

The lawsuit says that Mary Trump, who had previously reached a financial settlement with her uncles and aunt over claims to her grandfather Fred Trump Sr.’s estate, only learned that she would have been entitled to much more after a New York Times expose of the Trump family in 2018.

The deal that she reached two decades ago assumed the Trump family’s estate was worth $30 million, according to Mary Trump. But she later came to believe that it was closer to $1 billion.

“My uncles Donald and Robert and aunt Maryanne were supposed to be protecting me as my trustees and fiduciaries,” Mary Trump said in a statement.

“Recently, I learned that rather than protecting me, they instead betrayed me by working together in secret to steal from me, by telling lie after lie about the value of what I had inherited, and by conning me into giving everything away for a fraction of its true value,” Mary Trump said.

“I am bringing this case to hold them accountable and to recover what is rightfully mine.”

Mary Trump is being represented by attorney Roberta Kaplan, who is representing the writer E. Jean Carroll in a civil defamation lawsuit against the president over his claim that Carroll lied by saying she was raped by him in the mid-1990s in the dressing room of a Manhattan department store.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, when asked about the lawsuit, told reporters, “the only fraud committed there was Mary Trump recording one of her relatives, and she’s really discredited herself.”

McEnany’s statement referred to Mary Trump having secretly recorded her aunt, Barry, in 2018 and 2019, talking about President Trump.

The Washington Post, in an article last month detailing those calls, said Barry had said of President Trump, “He has no principles. None,” that the president lies regularly, that he “was a brat” as a teenager when she did his homework for him.

“It’s the phoniness of it all,” Barry said on one call quoted by The Post. “It’s the phoniness and this cruelty. Donald is cruel.”

A lawyer for Robert Trump did not immediately return requests for comment from CNBC on the lawsuit. Contact information by Maryanne Trump Barry was not immediately available.

Fred Trump Sr., a real estate developer, died in 1999.
    mrussel1 said:
    So it sticks and people don't believe him...but still support and vote for him?  C'mon.  It doesn't stick.  He wouldn't have even been on the ballot in 2016 if anything did.
    There's 40% that aren't going to move.  Look at his numbers with independents and moderates.  If saying nothing sticks because his support isn't zero %, well I don't think that would ever happen.  
    edited October 2020
    Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse describes President Trump, circa 2020-10-15

https://youtu.be/m3Ukzne4vgs
    cutz said:

wow. bang on. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

cutz said:

wow. bang on. 
    I may not agree with Sasse on lots of policy issues, but he has shown that he's not a lackey multiple times.  He dialed it back for a while because he was being primaried, but now that he's cruising to re-election, he's back to himself.  
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    Damn...That Sasse recording was outstanding.  I don't know much about the background when/where/why but it seems like a prepared statement; no background noise, no "um" or "uh." Was it a phone call?  Just talking into his Iphone during halftime of an NFL game? 

It seems more like a "leak" than a leak.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    Damn...That Sasse recording was outstanding.  I don't know much about the background when/where/why but it seems like a prepared statement; no background noise, no "um" or "uh." Was it a phone call?  Just talking into his Iphone during halftime of an NFL game? 

It was a conference calls with some supporters. I don't know if it's on this recording, but he was asked why he criticizes the president, and then launched into this. 
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

It was a conference calls with some supporters. I don't know if it's on this recording, but he was asked why he criticizes the president, and then launched into this. 
    there were 17,000 supporters involved, so they had to know it was 100% gonna leak.

mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

there were 17,000 supporters involved, so they had to know it was 100% gonna leak.
    may have been calculated for a future "move up"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

He's absolutely a candidate in teh future, and he is to be reckoned with for the D's. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

He's absolutely a candidate in teh future, and he is to be reckoned with for the D's. 
    i heard people talking today that he is running for the white house in 2024. this may be his way of distancing himself from trump. but it is too late. he can never wash that stink off.

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    The campaign group Rural America 2020 installed the billboard opposite Des Moines airport ahead of Trumps rally on Wednesday
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

i heard people talking today that he is running for the white house in 2024. this may be his way of distancing himself from trump. but it is too late. he can never wash that stink off.
    He never embraced Trump.  He is in the same camp as Romney.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

but he's voted in lockstep with him and McConnell.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

4 years from now no one will remember. Nor care.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

He is a republican.  But he has avoided the Trump stain. He'll be a formidable candidate i think. 
  • What are they hiding? Pompeous is really shoving it up our asses. Drain the swamp, sure. Suckers.

The State Department says it has about 450 pages of records showing government spending at President Trump’s properties. But this week, it signaled that it plans to release only two of those pages before the November election — leaving voters in the dark about the full scope of taxpayer payments to the president’s company.

The State Department announced the decision to release just the two pages late Thursday in an email to The Post, which had filed a public-records lawsuit earlier this year, seeking any records showing State Department payments to Trump properties.

The State Department pays for hotel rooms and other expenses when foreign leaders visit Trump properties, and when federal employees, such as Secret Service agents, follow Trump and his family to the president’s overseas clubs. But it’s impossible to tell how much the department has spent in total, because it has released detailed records for only the first few months of Trump’s presidency.

The Post’s lawsuit asked for a fuller accounting, requesting records of those payments over several years of Trump’s term.

In response, the State Department had said in a legal filing it would try to release up to 300 pages of the remaining records on Thursday. Instead, it sent the two pages — the receipts of a single hotel bill from Trump’s Irish golf course, involving security for Trump’s daughter-in-law and campaign adviser Lara Trump.

The department declined to comment about its decision. The White House also declined to comment. Under the schedule previously set in court filings, the State Department does not plan to release more records until mid-November.

Also this week, the General Services Administration — responding to a Post public-records request about its own business relationship with Trump’s company — released 26 pages of internal documents with only 10 words total. The rest was redacted.

These actions come after a year in which The Post has sought to answer a question: How much taxpayer money has been paid to President Trump’s company since he took office?

The federal government has declined to answer. Instead, The Post has sought to compile its own accounting, using public records requests and a lawsuit to obtain one receipt at a time.

So far, The Post has found more than $1.2 million in taxpayer payments to Trump’s company. But the data is still incomplete because some federal agencies have not yet provided years worth of their own spending data.

Under the Freedom of Information Act, federal agencies are supposed to respond to requests in 20 business days and deliver any relevant documents promptly thereafter. But in many cases, according to federal data, requests go unfulfilled for months or years.

In cases involving federal payments to Trump’s businesses, those delays can defeat the purpose of the law — by keeping information about the president hidden until after voters have chosen whether to reelect him, said Adam Marshall, an attorney at the nonprofit Reporters Committee for the Freedom of the Press.

“That is exactly what the law is designed to do: It’s designed to get information into the hands of the public so they can have an informed debate and discussion” about policy issues or candidates, Marshall said.

This week, at last, the agencies were supposed to provide what they had not.

The Post had filed public-records requests with the State Department in February, asking for any disbursement records showing payments to Trump properties. The Post filed a lawsuit in June when the requests weren’t answered. In response to the suit, the State Department had said it would produce its first batch of documents Thursday.

In a court filing in August, the department said it would “aspire to process potentially responsive records at a rate of 300 pages” for that first batch.

Instead, at 4:47 p.m. Thursday, it sent two.

They showed that in May 2019, Lara Trump visited the Trump Organization’s Doonbeg golf club in Ireland. Her Secret Service detail followed, and — as often happened — the Trump Organization charged the government for their rooms. The total bill was $8,316, but the rate charged per room was redacted.

With their travels, Trump’s adult children and their families have brought the Trump Organization more than $245,000 in payments from the Secret Service, documents show. When they go to Trump properties, agents have to follow, and the Trump Organization charges the government for their rooms. On trips overseas, the State Department pays the bill, later seeking reimbursement from the Secret Service.

If the State Department sticks to the remaining schedule it laid out in August, the next batch of documents won’t be released until Nov. 16, long after Election Day.

The General Services Administration has a different kind of business relationship with Trump: It’s not his customer, it’s his landlord. Trump’s D.C. hotel is housed in a building his company leases from the federal government, under a deal set up long before he ran for office.

Previously, The Post had asked the GSA’s press office for details about that relationship. Among the questions posed to the agency: Has Trump’s company asked Trump’s government to delay any rent payments, as the coronavirus pandemic decimates its business? Would the government allow Trump’s company to sell the hotel to a foreign government?

The GSA’s communications office did not respond to those requests. Then The Post filed a public-records request, asking for emails within the communications office, hoping to find out what had become of its requests.

That request also went unanswered, for 134 days.

Then, on Thursday, there was an answer — of a sort. The GSA provided 26 pages of what were, presumably, those emails. But the documents had been heavily redacted. Only scattered words appeared — signs that somebody had followed the bureaucratic rituals of transparency without providing any transparency at all.

The words were:

“Hi Pam,”

“Thanks Pam”

“Team - I got this.”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited October 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

He is a republican.  But he has avoided the Trump stain. He'll be a formidable candidate i think. 
    As a Nebraska resident and registered voter I will be happy to vote against him.
    Our local congressman is Don Bacon a real ass kising piece of shit. It gets interesting with their lawn signs together....

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

As a Nebraska resident and registered voter I will be happy to vote against him.
    Our local congressman is Don Bacon a real ass kising piece of shit. It gets interesting with their lawn signs together....

It's the best kind
This discussion has been closed.