Options

Get It Back is absolute FIRE!!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    justam said:
    What a nice surprise to get this song!  Thank you Pearl Jam!!  

We have three more weeks to survive this current administration and then things will turn around quickly.  I've been thinking lately that as soon as someone who does the actual work of a president gets into office we will feel like things are moving fast.  We've been living in a time in which the person in the office comes in at 11am and leaves at 3 or 4pm and maybe does 30 minutes of an 8 hour day....goes golfing every weekend and goofs off...

To have someone in the office who actually accomplishes things will probably make us feel like we're on a high speed train to somewhere good!  At least, that's a thought I've had the last few days... the turn around will be fast... 
    I wish I had you enthusiasm.
  • Options
    mschostok said:
    tdawe said:
    I like it much better than Take The Long Way, but cannot really decide if it would have made the pacing issues on the back half of Gigaton better or worse. 
    I agree - awesome song but idk if it would have fit and flowed well on Gigaton, doesn't really sound like anything on there. 
    And Buckle Up does?
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I like this a lot. The chorus and solo are both fantastic. Surprised it didn’t make the cut for Gigaton as I would put this ahead of several songs on the album. 
    Agree 
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 822
    Still FIRE!
  • Options
    drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    vedpunk said:
    Still FIRE!
    Still agree!! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • Options
    We got the lyrics?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,997
    Cool song, but I'm not sure if it's better than anything on Gigaton. 

The solo toward the end is my favorite. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Chasing FootstepsChasing Footsteps Posts: 315
    edited October 2020
    LukinFan said:

Seriously?? ‘..not sure if it’s better than anything on Gigaton.’ Wow! I wish I had the same feelings about Gigaton that you do. 

To be clear, I dig Gigaton but I guess not anywhere near as much that comment. 

Post edited by Chasing Footsteps on
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    LukinFan said:

Seriously?? ‘..not sure if it’s better than anything on Gigaton.’ Wow! I wish I had the same feelings about Gigaton that you do. 

To be clear, I dig Gigaton but I guess not anywhere near as much that comment. 

Ok, I have been listening to the new song a lot and logged in just to pump it up some more and think I can weigh in on this mini controversy as I do love Gigaton and appreciate a themed album which can mean that some tracks although weaker than others do fit the narrative and completes the overall theme. With that said I think get it back would have fit nicely in place of either Never Destination or Take the Long Way. 
    Of course Get It Back is better than Buckle Up but I do like Buckle Up and how it fits in with the rest of the songs. Either way I think Get It Back does have that sort of retro Zepplin type vibe as say Quick Escape and would have sounded great on Gigaton. 
  • Options
    Remove  buckle up and put this in 
     Sorted
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
     Sorted
    Buckle Up is a nice album song.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
     Sorted
    Buckle Up is a nice album song.
    I will have to disagree
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,173
    CO278952 said:
    who ever said (no pun intended) that this has a Riot Act feel, I agree.  '03 tour vibes
    It’s a Cameron tune, so makes sense it sounds like Riot Act (which they let Matt contribute like half to for some reason). Also explains my “meh” reaction.

However agree with whoever said PJ b-sides are other bands a-sides.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22