I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    There is a record store around the corner from me that sells excellent quality used albums. I try not to walk by too often because I always end up having to go in and buy something. I happened to walk by today and.....

Whoa!  What is that album with Keith Moon on the cover?  Looks interesting and I love the Keith photo!
    Yeah. I saw it in the bin, and I love the Who. According to the back of the album it is a special collectors edition. I am not sure who released it, as the labels on the actual records are blank. It is definitely a bootleg of some sort. There are two records, one is early Who songs - and it is BBC 65'-66' - Not sure if it is live. The second disc is called the genius of P.T. - which seems to have several songs from Who's Next (so it may have come out around that time). I'm not sure if it is live or just a compilation. The funny thing is that I have been buying all these records lately - but am still in the process of buying a new turntable. I haven't had one in many years, but still have so many records from high school and college that I am motivated to start listening to again. I have been buying some new records over the last several weeks as well. I have the system picked out from Turntable Lab, but they are waiting for it to come back into stock. They have the turntable on Amazon, but I would rather wait and purchase from Turntable Lab. I am not in a huge rush (unless it takes months and months). Anyway, once I actually get my new system and listen to this Who album I will give you more information.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    mrussel1 said:
    I forget who, but people were looking for the best A Love Supreme pressing. 

This rivals the Analogue Productions 2x45 pressing. 

Guys it’s just as good. 
    I’m listening to it now.  Amazing.  Just finished Ballads too, from the same series.  Wonderful and priced right.
    Yeah, I got both on Thursday and boy do they sound amazing. I have the Nina Simone Lps on order, but I may have to pick up a couple of more from the series. 

I have the Getz/Gilberto.  It's fantastic.  I'll probably do the Simone but definitely the Bill Evans when that's released. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    You HAVE to get Spell. Stone cold classic. 

But yeah, those are the other records I would get. 

You HAVE to get Spell. Stone cold classic. 

But yeah, those are the other records I would get. 

Good advice.  I don't know her well so I'll probably do it.  I've really enjoyed the journey into jazz over the past few years. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    edited October 2020
    These Acoustic Sound Series releases are awesome. Spun A Love Supreme last night, beautiful. Between this and the Getz/Gilberto, I won’t hesitate to buy more from this series.

My local shop is selling these (still less than through AS). I’ll pick up Simone’s Spell. Interested to see what else they have in the works.
    These Acoustic Sound Series releases are awesome. Spun A Love Supreme last night, beautiful. Between this and the Getz/Gilberto, I won’t hesitate to buy more from this series.

My local shop is selling these (still less than through AS). I’ll pick up Simone’s Spell. Interested to see what else they have in the works.
    The insert has what's supposed to be coming in 2020.  That's where I saw the Bill Evans record. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    edited October 2020
    mrussel1 said:

The insert has what's supposed to be coming in 2020.  That's where I saw the Bill Evans record. 
    Found it. Thanks.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,652
    edited October 2020

I've read so many great reviews on here about the quality of the MOV pressing i decided to grab one. Should arrive early next week in time for my birthday :) 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • pjpjpaul said:

I've read so many great reviews on here about the quality of the MOV pressing i decided to grab one. Should arrive early next week in time for my birthday :) 
    You won’t be disappointed. It’s fantastic
    pjpjpaul said:

My birthday is early next week as well. What day is yours. Mine is October 19th. 
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

My birthday is early next week as well. What day is yours. Mine is October 19th. 
    Mine is the 19th as well! 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:
    There is a record store around the corner from me that sells excellent quality used albums. I try not to walk by too often because I always end up having to go in and buy something. I happened to walk by today and.....

Whoa!  What is that album with Keith Moon on the cover?  Looks interesting and I love the Keith photo!
    Yeah. I saw it in the bin, and I love the Who. According to the back of the album it is a special collectors edition. I am not sure who released it, as the labels on the actual records are blank. It is definitely a bootleg of some sort. There are two records, one is early Who songs - and it is BBC 65'-66' - Not sure if it is live. The second disc is called the genius of P.T. - which seems to have several songs from Who's Next (so it may have come out around that time). I'm not sure if it is live or just a compilation. The funny thing is that I have been buying all these records lately - but am still in the process of buying a new turntable. I haven't had one in many years, but still have so many records from high school and college that I am motivated to start listening to again. I have been buying some new records over the last several weeks as well. I have the system picked out from Turntable Lab, but they are waiting for it to come back into stock. They have the turntable on Amazon, but I would rather wait and purchase from Turntable Lab. I am not in a huge rush (unless it takes months and months). Anyway, once I actually get my new system and listen to this Who album I will give you more information.

Hot diggity, GlowGirl, what a find!!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjpjpaul said:

How much did the gentleman pay for it?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    pjpjpaul said:

How much did the gentleman pay for it?
    $39.99 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Birthday Buddy :joy: 
  • pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Mine is today!  Howdy fellow Libras!
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Happy birthday Tempo!
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Happy Birthday, Tempo!!! :joy: Today is my dad's bday as well. Libras all around.

• pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Happy birthday Tempo!
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Happy Birthday, Tempo!!! :joy: Today is my dad's bday as well. Libras all around.

TY Nice to be in good company!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Happy birthday Tempo!
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Oh, look at who just peed in the pool.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Happy birthday Tempo!
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Oh, look at who just peed in the pool.
    lol
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Quarantine has been very good for buying records, but very bad for spending money. I've solidly bought 60-70 records this year. 

I maybe only bought 3-5 before mid March, hoping to calm down this year, but being stuck at home with lots of time made me buy the fuck out of records to stave off depression. I guess thank god I haven't gone to concerts or movies so I just shifted my spending, but still.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Quarantine has been very good for buying records, but very bad for spending money. I've solidly bought 60-70 records this year. 

I maybe only bought 3-5 before mid March, hoping to calm down this year, but being stuck at home with lots of time made me buy the fuck out of records to stave off depression. I guess thank god I haven't gone to concerts or movies so I just shifted my spending, but still.

Sounds a bit familiar.  I haven't bought tons more than normal, but more, for sure.  On the other hand, these last few months have help my books sales a bit so I guess it evens out.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:

Sounds a bit familiar.  I haven't bought tons more than normal, but more, for sure.  On the other hand, these last few months have help my books sales a bit so I guess it evens out.
    i've gone nuts with my record buying ever since we got our new vehicle that has no cd player, which was just prior to covid. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

i was never a huge sabbath guy, but i recently read about an EP they sold at their The End tour, with 4 studio tracks not available anywhere else. do you have that?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• i was never a huge sabbath guy, but i recently read about an EP they sold at their The End tour, with 4 studio tracks not available anywhere else. do you have that?
    Noooooo. In fact, I don’t remember hearing of that EP. Now I have to do some research! 
    I am a Sabbath with Ozzy guy. Had all the CDs, now getting them on wax.  Everything up to Sabotage is good... then I’m out. 
  • According to Discogs the only vinyl versions are unofficial bootlegs. It was a CD sold at shows I guess. 
    Pretty cool the last two songs are recorded in Hamilton ON