Pearl Jam Studio Song "Get It Back"

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    soop said:
    So I wake up on Saturday after a tough week at work and discover that my favorite band released a new song in conjunction with a charity I would support... only to find out it was a ONE DAY ONLY opportunity?!  Why?!  What a huge bummer for those of us who work for a living and can’t be glued to our phones 24/7.  Ridiculous.
    The one day only thing is very weird, I agree!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I actually think I prefer the Stone song to the PJ song. 
    i'm the same
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• soop said:
    So I wake up on Saturday after a tough week at work and discover that my favorite band released a new song in conjunction with a charity I would support... only to find out it was a ONE DAY ONLY opportunity?!  Why?!  What a huge bummer for those of us who work for a living and can’t be glued to our phones 24/7.  Ridiculous.
    I feel this. Would love to have contributed to the good cause and all the artists that put something forth for the compilation.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Whoops. Totally thought it was today. My memory ain’t so good.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Haha. Same here. They finally release a b side for the first time in a long time and I can’t hear it. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    nicknyr15 said:
    Haha. Same here. They finally release a b side for the first time in a long time and I can’t hear it. 
    Yeah not good I didn’t know about and can’t here it man they totally missed the boat on this! There’s plenty of us who have lives that prevent us from being here 24/7! Way to alienate fans ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    My guess after a few listens (love the song btw) is that it’s a Backspacer outtake. Matt wrote the Fixer and it was lead single. I would think he came in with more and they rode that wave. Specifically, I hear Amongst the Waves in the guitar solo.  And the second half I get a Force of Nature vibe. But wherever it’s from it’s great 

I'm also hearing The Fixer demo and some ATW.
    Matt said on instagram that they recorded it in 2018.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Ed's singing is very "Take The Long Way"-ish. I guess this is his Matt voice.
  • Flying MXZFlying MXZ Posts: 45
    edited October 2020
    Yeah not good I didn’t know about and can’t here it man they totally missed the boat on this! There’s plenty of us who have lives that prevent us from being here 24/7! Way to alienate fans ..
    Agreed.  I guess they're not getting my money.
    Post edited by Flying MXZ on
  • Any chance this becomes available again?  I'd purchase it.  I was away on a backpacking trip so no regrets -- the backpacking was worth it. Second chance?
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • I actually think I prefer the Stone song to the PJ song. 
    Resonable.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RiotAct10 said:
    My guess after a few listens (love the song btw) is that it’s a Backspacer outtake. Matt wrote the Fixer and it was lead single. I would think he came in with more and they rode that wave. Specifically, I hear Amongst the Waves in the guitar solo.  And the second half I get a Force of Nature vibe. But wherever it’s from it’s great 

I'm also hearing The Fixer demo and some ATW.
    Matt said on instagram that they recorded it in 2018.
    Interesting...I wonder if it's from the same sessions as "Can't Deny Me"...
  • PB71405PB71405 Posts: 11
    Nice! It’s a great song! Thanks for the free download!
    Priscilla Buford
  • CarisaJCarisaJ Posts: 65
    Thanks so much for the free download!
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Awesome!  Well done on making this available to members 10c!!
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    Mike's guitar sounds dirty. I love it.
  • Y.Y.Y.Y. Posts: 5
    Pap said:
    You're proud of the son... Only one... To get it back...
    Mother and child... Lost for a while... They want you back...
    Stare at the sun... Won't hurt anyone... To get it back...

Please correct me if they're wrong. :peace:
    Very cool - thanks! I heard all the same words, except for this line - I think 'prodigal son'?

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Thanks for the free download, it sounds great!
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Thanks for the free download 10 club.  I guess I'll renew my membership for another year then.  ;) 
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Thanks for the great new song  =)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    the song grow up alot for me
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tish said:
    Mike's guitar sounds dirty. I love it.
    !
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,810
    This song is really cool.  Again love how Ed’s vocals are controlled.  Always felt less is more from Eddie’s vocals.  
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,810
    Also the drumming in the beginning sounds so much like start of Faithful.  Nothing negative love anything new from PJ.  
  • EB218946 said:
    This song is really cool.  Again love how Ed’s vocals are controlled.  Always felt less is more from Eddie’s vocals.  
    Yes, I 100% agree on less is more. 
  • Ed's singing is very "Take The Long Way"-ish. I guess this is his Matt voice.
    Made me smile. Prob true
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • is everyone’s free download also 192kbps only?
  • is everyone’s free download also 192kbps only?
    I was wondering how long it would be before someone else noticed this  ;)
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I like it more than I thought it would when I heard it was penned by Matt Cameron. 
    chinese-happy.jpg