Portland Protests

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,694
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I thought Seattle had fallen? BOO!
    I heard it was destroyed. Whole damn city. Hope PJ got out.
    Just because a whole city wasn’t trashed doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem.  People live and work in some of these areas and weren’t protected by the police they were paying taxes for.  
    Wait, I've been told numerous times here that cities have been destroyed. Is that not true? Could it have been Trumpian hyperbole? Say it ain't so.
    Nice and comfortable, unaffected in another country. Must be nice to minimize any damage done. 
    Says the one who continues to spread lies that cities have been destroyed. Guess the media must be hiding all that destruction, it's a big conspiracy.
    No one is spreading lies. Except people who act like nothing is happening in major cities. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited September 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Just because a whole city wasn’t trashed doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem.  People live and work in some of these areas and weren’t protected by the police they were paying taxes for.  
    Wait, I've been told numerous times here that cities have been destroyed. Is that not true? Could it have been Trumpian hyperbole? Say it ain't so.
    Nice and comfortable, unaffected in another country. Must be nice to minimize any damage done. 
    Says the one who continues to spread lies that cities have been destroyed. Guess the media must be hiding all that destruction, it's a big conspiracy.
    No one is spreading lies. Except people who act like nothing is happening in major cities. 
    Oh yeah? Who here is denying that there has been rioting and looting? I haven't read anything like that here, must have missed that too.

And speaking of comfortable, are you in danger? Has antifa knocked on your door and threatened you? Or did you see it on TV with Tucker and now you're scared. 
  • dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I don’t care what you have been told by Fox News or whomever.  The fact is there was a lot of looting and property damage nationwide, as well as a few instances like Portland and Seattle where neighborhoods have been taken over for a period of time.  The left ignored the fact that there are innocent residents and businesses that were left to fend for themselves.   Proving that a whole city didn’t burn down is great but you completely ignore the fact that people are being harmed by these lawless gatherings.
    When did the freedom to assemble get outlawed or become lawless?
    So a group didn’t take over a neighborhood in Seattle or there hasn’t been looting and destruction of property in Portland?  Okay.
    You characterized them as “lawless gatherings.” Gatherings in and of themselves are not lawless nor have they been outlawed. The freedom to assemble is protected by 1A, which comes before the 2A. That some knuckle heads like right wing terrorist Umbrella Man commit unlawful acts doesn’t make the gatherings “lawless.” Anyway, good to know people still think Seattle has fallen.

And I never said either of the two things you pointed out, I just took issue with your characterization. It’s how your, general your, individual rights get eroded.
    Did I not just say that whole cities haven’t burned down?  I was talking about neighborhoods and sections of town.  I never said Seattle has fallen.  

I said lawless gatherings not lawless protests.  

You don’t realize that Trump’s sole hope of winning this election is that looting and property damage continues.  

You are arguing with me like we aren’t on the same side.  It’s silly.  We both want Trump out. We both want fairness for all.  The difference is that I think the police should stop people from looting and destroying personal property and you seem to be okay with it as long as it doesn’t affect you and is only a few neighborhoods. 
    Again, you said “lawless gatherings.” Has the first amendment been suspended? Team Trump Treason and repubs only have fear to sell to their minions. Listening to some of you on here you would think Seattle, Portland and Minneapolis have all fallen and the mayhem is spreading to a town near you. BOO!

Is the looting and property damage continuing? Is CHAZ still up and running? Portland uninhabitable? It’s not at all as dire as some on here are making it.

Maybe CYA Barr should arrest and charge with domestic terrorism the white supremacists that are stirring the shit and coming to lawful assemblies with violent intent? They know who Umbrella Man is. They know white supremacists messaged each other and went to demonstrations to wreak havoc. But for some, it’s all BLM and ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIFA’s fault. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Oh yeah? Who here is denying that there has been rioting and looting? I haven't read anything like that here, must have missed that too.

And speaking of comfortable, are you in danger? Has antifa knocked on your door and threatened you? Or did you see it on TV with Tucker and now you're scared. 
    No point in talking to someone like you. You’ll never realize just how much you have in common with someone like Carlson. You’re just on the other side. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    This topic was completely derailed. If I lived in Portland OP, I would tell you, but based on my experience here in MN, where there has also been protest, generally things are pretty quiet and safe beyond the small few block radius the group is occupying. I would imagine it is very similar in all of the cities that have seen looting and protest.

The only changes I could see to that will be when the George Floyd murder verdicts are announced, which I don't think are expected until around November. All of these same cities will see protesting, marches and property damage if it is not seen as justice, and there is little hope there will be justice.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,604
    I live a few hours from Portland and have family and friends who live in the city. Nearly all the protests has been in about four or five specific areas of town, and they tend to rotate most nights. Tonight they're on E. Burnside in front of a police building. Most of what's made the news has been protests in front of the federal courthouse downtown that covers about two blocks. Sometimes they'll have protests on the northside of town in front of another police building. The intensity of the protests have died down significantly. Now they can be summarized as 100-200 people who usually are standing around in front of a line of cops. Sometimes they'll throw crap or shoot off fireworks and eventually the cops bull rush everyone, knocking heads and arresting some. The cops seems to have cut down on the massive amounts of tear gas they were using that was pissing off people who lived in the neighborhoods because it was getting into their houses. These protests start up around 10-11:00. During the day everything is fine. None of my friends or family have voice any concerns. At this moment I'm watching video of the protest and there's a guy playing electric guitar with his buddy drumming. There's also chanting "what are you going to do?" "Vote!"

If you're visiting, you probably won't notice anything unless you go downtown by the courthouse. The fencing is up and there's graffiti in the area. My only advice is if by chance you're driving at night and see a protest up ahead in the street, turn around or turn off on a side street. I don't recommend trying to drive through slowly because people will interpret it as being hostile.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hope you got the info you were hoping for, @Melzombie. more than you bargained for, that's for sure. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Still going on? End of the world? Haven’t heard anything in awhile. Maybe I need Q?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,275
    PJPOWER said:
    So your ok with just kill the suspect no arrest no trial? All reports from several witnesses say the feds just drove up and opened fire to kill! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    So your ok with just kill the suspect no arrest no trial? All reports from several witnesses say the feds just drove up and opened fire to kill! 
    You sure make a lot of assumptions...
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    So answer it if I’m wrong I apologize for assuming, he killed a human let him stand trial that’s all I’m saying! By your statement you might of just said good riddance.
    edited October 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    So answer it if I’m wrong I apologize for assuming, he killed a human let him stand trial that’s all I’m saying! By your statement you might of just said good riddance.
    Oh I’m not upset in the least that he is dead, regardless of how he ended up there.  I would have been fine with it if he chose to jump off a cliff too.  So yes, “good riddance”.  Never said I agreed or disagreed with how the police handled it, but they can and should stand trial if they did anything wrong.  I’m just not going to shed any tears over him, he was a waste of space.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Oh I’m not upset in the least that he is dead, regardless of how he ended up there.  I would have been fine with it if he chose to jump off a cliff too.  So yes, “good riddance”.  Never said I agreed or disagreed with how the police handled it, but they can and should stand trial if they did anything wrong.  I’m just not going to shed any tears over him, he was a waste of space.
    I agree that both that died were waste of space!

PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree that both that died were waste of space!

✌️
    Weird the cops as you call them had no body cameras the cars had no cameras uhmm plenty of witnesses stated they drove up and just started shooting in to the car he was in..actually a witness said it looked like a gang shooting 
    Wtf is going on here? 
    edited January 2021
    Seems like a fun place. I can’t believe it’s still going on. Why can’t they get a handle on it? 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
    nicknyr15 said:
    Seems like a fun place. I can’t believe it’s still going on. Why can’t they get a handle on it? 
    Shithole city I guess...I sure as hell am not going to vacation there any time soon.  There was a time when I wanted to visit the city, but that has long passed.
    Am I to understand that they’re “protesting” because joe Biden is president? These people are insane. I can’t see the difference between the far left and far right. Bunch of nuts. 
    edited January 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    Am I to understand that they’re “protesting” because joe Biden is president? These people are insane. I can’t see the difference between the far left and far right. Bunch of nuts. 
    Agreed.  It will be interesting to see how Biden handles them.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    nicknyr15 said:
    i saw something they spray painted "we don't want biden! we want revenge!". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Shithole city I guess...I sure as hell am not going to vacation there any time soon.  There was a time when I wanted to visit the city, but that has long passed.

That's to bad. PJP, because it's really not at all a shithole city.  All that protesting happened in one area of the city.  As a whole, it's a beautiful and interesting place to visit.  Why heck, just Powell's Books alone makes it worth the trip.  An entire city block of used books!  Some great neighborhoods with a very neighborly feel.  And some of the best music instrument stores I've ever been in.  I wouldn't judge the place by what the media shows you.  It's a very limited picture.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    nicknyr15 said:
    The difference I see is that the far right has political representation in office, and up until yesterday, a president as well, but I've yet to see a party or person the far left truly embraces or uses as their leader in their attempts to protest and riot. They seem to be looking to disrupt the status quo and flow as opposed to oppress and build up a specific party or person.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited January 2021
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:

That's to bad. PJP, because it's really not at all a shithole city.  All that protesting happened in one area of the city.  As a whole, it's a beautiful and interesting place to visit.  Why heck, just Powell's Books alone makes it worth the trip.  An entire city block of used books!  Some great neighborhoods with a very neighborly feel.  And some of the best music instrument stores I've ever been in.  I wouldn't judge the place by what the media shows you.  It's a very limited picture.
    Maybe you’re right.  To be honest, though, I try to stay out of cities on my vacations these days.  I would much rather see the Oregon coast or the mountains than anything Portland has to offer.  I like checking out more than checking in these days :)
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Maybe you’re right.  To be honest, though, I try to stay out of cities on my vacations these days.  I would much rather see the Oregon coast or the mountains than anything Portland has to offer.  I like checking out more than checking in these days :)

If you haven't been to the Oregon Coast, you're in for a major treat.  If you get a chance, go! Other places I love in OR are Astoria at the far north west corner of the state, and much of the Columbia river from Latourell to Hood River, although I would say the other end of the river west of Portland is more beautiful on the north side in Washington. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:

If you haven't been to the Oregon Coast, you're in for a major treat.  If you get a chance, go! Other places I love in OR are Astoria at the far north west corner of the state, and much of the Columbia river from Latourell to Hood River, although I would say the other end of the river west of Portland is more beautiful on the north side in Washington. 
    I’ve been to the Gorge, but that’s all of the Columbia River I’ve seen.  Thanks for the recommendations, I am ready for this pandemic to be over and do some traveling again!
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I’ve been to the Gorge, but that’s all of the Columbia River I’ve seen.  Thanks for the recommendations, I am ready for this pandemic to be over and do some traveling again!

Amen to that!