Options

Italy week-end weather forecast

lgtlgt Posts: 720
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
So, checking different weather websites, it looks like the week-end in Italy will have some serious bad weather.

Indeed, there have been travel warning for the Milan region from today and the next few days, due to heavy rains and likely floods, from civil protection department of the Interior Ministry.

Verona should have rain in the morning but stop for the evening, though it will remain cloudy.

Milan on Sunday will be really wet. But the concert is indoor,

FYI, in case of rain, the show in the Arena di Verona is not cancelled prior to its start. The concert will start and then if it is really bad it may be cancelled. At least, this is their policy during the opera season.

Anyway, it won't come to that! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lgt wrote:
    Verona should have rain in the morning but stop for the evening, though it will remain cloudy.

FYI, in case of rain, the show in the Arena di Verona is not cancelled prior to its start. The concert will start and then if it is really bad it may be cancelled. At least, this is their policy during the opera season.

Anyway, it won't come to that! :)

Good woman :) cloudy isn't quite the same as really bad :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Yeah... but.... bring your rain poncho from Oxegen! Better safe than sorry!
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    people with 10c tickets will die first because they will be in the lower point of the arena: the first to be flooded.
    I give swimming lessons for reasonable prices.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Good woman :) cloudy isn't quite the same as really bad :)

Haha! :)

I know! but the rain before and especially for Milan!!

When it rains it really rains in Italy (not like the drizzle in the UK - haven't been to Ireland yet, so I can't compare there! ;))... and for them to issue a travel advice due to the heavy for Northern Italy..

And to think that right now the weather is nice...

Looks like I will have to pack my waterproofs!
  • Options
    Fuck it! I'm gonna wear a £2.99 H&M t-shirt and if it pisses down, I'm gonna get soaking wet but I'm not gonna give a shit because it's a fucking PJ concert!!!!!

:)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Yeah... but.... bring your rain poncho from Oxegen! Better safe than sorry!
    I would if I still had it :o

And puck, I used to be a lifeguard and am still a strong enough swimmer so I should be alright anyway :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    lgt wrote:

When it rains it really rains in Italy (not like the drizzle in the UK - haven't been to Ireland yet, so I can't compare there! ;))... and for them to issue a travel advice due to the heavy for Northern Italy..

Yep, I've had thunderstorms both times I've been to Italy :o why should this year be any different? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    am I boverd ? :rolleyes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Yep, I've had thunderstorms both times I've been to Italy :o why should this year be any different? :eek:

oh, no! that's bad luck.

Of course the weather will get better from Monday onwards. Still, hopefully Pistoia will be rain-free and a gorgeous late summer evening! :)

Are you flying back immediately after Verona?
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    oh, no! that's bad luck.

Of course the weather will get better from Monday onwards. Still, hopefully Pistoia will be rain-free and a gorgeous late summer evening! :)

Are you flying back immediately after Verona?
    Well thunderstorms literally follow me everywhere for some reason so I'm not overly surprised that there might be one thie weekend :o

I'm flying back Sunday evening.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Well thunderstorms literally follow me everywhere for some reason so I'm not overly surprised that there might be one thie weekend :o

Just the days when there's rain.

That's unfortunate :(

On the up side, at least it won't be scorching hot, as it can be in the height of summer! :D
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    who cares about the getting back dealeys wont matter, its the GOING thats important , !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    who cares about the getting back dealeys wont matter, its the GOING thats important , !!

FYI, Some flights had to land somewhere else due to the heavy rains in Northern Italy yesterday.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Thripple wrote:
    Fuck it! I'm gonna wear a £2.99 H&M t-shirt and if it pisses down, I'm gonna get soaking wet but I'm not gonna give a shit because it's a fucking PJ concert!!!!!

:)

now thats the spirit!!! i love it

have an awesome time :)
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    A bit of bad weather has never stopped festivals, so shouldn't stop an open air concert!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    When it rains it really rains in Italy (not like the drizzle in the UK )
    Absolutly true,I confirm every words.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    A bit of bad weather has never stopped festivals, so shouldn't stop an open air concert!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I'm sure a few thunderstorms can't dampen our spirits! :D
  • Options
    yielderyielder Posts: 160

You should stay at home then :):):):)
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    I live in liguria (about 140 km south of milan) and at the moment its pissing it down, I hope It doesnt last :(
  • Options
    yielder wrote:
    You should stay at home then :):):):)
    :eek: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I live in liguria (about 140 km south of milan) and at the moment its pissing it down, I hope It doesnt last :(

Where in Liguria? Our family originated near Sestri Levante. My sister has a house near there!
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    lgt wrote:
    I'm sure a few thunderstorms can't dampen our spirits! :D
    WHY DID YOU USE THE FORBIDDEN WORD??????????? WHO WAS TALKING ABOUT "THUNDERSTORMS"????????????
    Ricordati che, come disse Eduardo de Filippo, "non credere alla sfortuna porta sfiga" ;)
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    WHY DID YOU USE THE FORBIDDEN WORD??????????? WHO WAS TALKING ABOUT "THUNDERSTORMS"????????????
    Ricordati che, come disse Eduardo de Filippo, "non credere alla sfortuna porta sfiga" ;)

haa haa! :D

excellent quote! :)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Where in Liguria? Our family originated near Sestri Levante. My sister has a house near there!
    Varazze, a little town 20 minutes from genoa
  • Options
    I can't believe its gonna piss down.

Although we are Scottish and thus used to meteorological nightmares we simply can't be f*cked with it. You see, the kilts will get soaked through, shrink to miniskirt size and if they do so under 14 inches....there may be some permanent nudity haha. ;-)

Look out for the 2 Scottish drowned rats!
  • Options
    All the day in Milano a th*****torm (i use * beacuse it's the forbidden word)
    I've gone to the university and i 've come back home completly wet.
    WET
    WET
    WET
    At a certain point it was raining so much that the umbrella was completly useless.
    WHY??? WHY?
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    I can't believe its gonna piss down.

Although we are Scottish and thus used to meteorological nightmares we simply can't be f*cked with it. You see, the kilts will get soaked through, shrink to miniskirt size and if they do so under 14 inches....there may be some permanent nudity haha. ;-)

Look out for the 2 Scottish drowned rats!
    Ha... like permanent nudity is a rarity for you two!!!!!! I've got a GREAT picture of your arse :D

And you didnt't seem to mind getting soaked either if jumping in the fountain is anything to go by :D . I was quite happy I decided against it :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ha... like permanent nudity is a rarity for you two!!!!!! I've got a GREAT picture of your arse :D

And you didnt't seem to mind getting soaked either if jumping in the fountain is anything to go by :D . I was quite happy I decided against it :D

Where/when was that?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Where/when was that?
    Saturday night when we were all leaving the pub - we met this couple who had JUST got married (in wedding dress and all) so Neil and Fraser and one of their guests all mooned for photos :D and it was right beside a fountain so they decided to jump in and have a bit of a bath :D . I ALMOST did too and had my shoes off and all but then sobered up really quickly and decided it might not be a great idea :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Can't wait to see those pics!!! Though mooning is not a first for Fraser!