I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I can’t get enough Rage.  I think the fact Nov 3rd is on the horizon is a motivator.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Picked up Albert King plays the king from VMP.

Didn't realize it was a damn Elvis cover...  Would have preferred some of his OG stuff but oh well.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Picked up Albert King plays the king from VMP.

Didn't realize it was a damn Elvis cover...  Would have preferred some of his OG stuff but oh well.
    Next time, you’ll read the details, tracklist, etc. Right?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:

Yeah, I just saw Albert King and said COOL!  Had no friggin idea he did Elvis tunes.  I already have Danzig doing that shit...
    dankind said:

Yeah, I just saw Albert King and said COOL!  Had no friggin idea he did Elvis tunes.  I already have Danzig doing that shit...
    "Motherfuck him and John Wayne!"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    dankind said:

"Motherfuck him and John Wayne!"
    Black and I'm proud, ready, hyped plus I'm amped.
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    edited September 2020
    I just picked this up on the weekend. It was created for the 40th Anniversary of the Calgary Folk Festival and featured a bunch of Alberta performers covering songs and artists that have appeared at the folk fest over its 40 year history. It was all recorded in Calgary at Studio Bell. One cool side note - The Rolling Stones’ mobile studio from 1968 was acquired by Studio Bell and is installed there right now. It has recorded some ICONIC albums - Sticky Fingers, Exile on Mainstreet, Zeppelin 3&4, Neil Young’s Harvest, Deep Purples’ Machine Head and Burn to name a few. Super cool!!  The playlist for Cover Art  is on Spotify if anyone wants to check it out!!  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    toolie said:
    I just picked this up on the weekend. It was created for the 40th Anniversary of the Calgary Folk Festival and featured a bunch of Alberta performers covering songs and artists that have appeared at the folk fest over its 40 year history. It was all recorded in Calgary at Studio Bell. One cool side note - The Rolling Stones’ mobile studio from 1968 was acquired by Studio Bell and is installed there right now. It has recorded some ICONIC albums - Sticky Fingers, Exile on Mainstreet, Zeppelin 3&4, Neil Young’s Harvest, Deep Purples’ Machine Head and Burn to name a few. Super cool!!  The playlist for Cover Art  is on Spotify if anyone wants to check it out!!  
    That is cool.  If I'm not mistaken, that's the studio that Deep Purple used, leading to Smoke on the Water, after the original studio burned down by  "some stupid with a flare gun".. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,652
    edited September 2020
    Waiting on the following preorders over the next couple months-

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,742
    Thatsalottaprettywax^^^ I'd definitely spend some time with that dead box. Enjoy it all.
    pjpjpaul said:

Where did you get the Giant Steps from?  Any info on it?
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,652
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

https://www.amazon.com/Giant-Steps-60th-Anniversary-Vinyl/dp/B0864KXSYY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=giant+steps+vinyl&qid=1600297303&sprefix=giant+steps&sr=8-1
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

https://www.amazon.com/Giant-Steps-60th-Anniversary-Vinyl/dp/B0864KXSYY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=giant+steps+vinyl&qid=1600297303&sprefix=giant+steps&sr=8-1
    Thanks, I ordered. There’s some mystery to the sourcing of this. Evidently Rhino and Atlantic have used both Grey and BG in the past to cut the lacquer.  Michael Fremer did some research and he says he’s pretty confident this will be good. 

Nice mail delivery!

Fiona Apple’s The Idler Wheel showed up from VMP today. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Got the HELP compilation from 1995 today. Still so good. 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    pjpjpaul said:

Giant Steps is great!  Good pick!  Interesting time- I was going through a section of my records and came across my early pressing of this fine album.  I totally forgot I'd had it because somehow it got separated from my other Coltrane LP's.  Gonna give it a spin tonight!

I too am waiting on Palo Alto and dying to hear it for the first time! 

I'd really curious about the Hendrix Maui set.  Those performances are great, but the various formats I've heard them on (via the film in both earlier VHS and DVD) have not sounded great due to the wind factor.  I'm hoping these are cleaned up enough to be worth the purchase.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

mrussel1 said:
    Nice mail delivery!

Nice batch there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Just arrived.  Classic Shoe Gazers:

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Analogue Productions....Breathtaking
    DewieCox said:
    AP all day. 

I got Second Helping Skynyrd today,  AP, Kevin Gray and it's outstanding. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    AP all day. 

Hard to go wrong with AP and Gray.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,870
    I see that Ray Lamontagne over there.... Right on....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    AP all day. 

Hard to go wrong with AP and Gray.
    If you're a CCR fan, I also picked this up.  It's sort of a sleeper.  This Cosmo's Factory is the same lacquer cut from Kevin Gray as teh 200 gram one that is out of print right now.  That one goes for big money, but you can get this one from Acoustic for $20 bucks or whatever.  It's only 150 gram but it sounds amazing.  Still pressed by QRP too.  So much better than all of those weak Greatest Hits ones that are everywhere.  https://www.discogs.com/Creedence-Clearwater-Revival-Cosmos-Factory/release/5485542
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Josiah Johnson - Every Feeling On A Loop

awesome album. Wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,647

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Wild, Innocent is my favorite Bruce record.  Every song could be a movie. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,647
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Wild, Innocent is my favorite Bruce record.  Every song could be a movie. 

its in really good shape. pitman pressing. reissue
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Picked up some CanCon goodness this week. Been eying the Day for Night half speed mastered reissue for a couple months now, super glad I pulled the trigger. It sounds amazing!!! 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    toolie said:
    Picked up some CanCon goodness this week. Been eying the Day for Night half speed mastered reissue for a couple months now, super glad I pulled the trigger. It sounds amazing!!! 

i read something about "half speed" just over the weekend. what does that mean?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD