***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Pretty sure I was at the Prince show that Dave was supposed to play with him, or maybe off by one night. Prince ended up doing "Whole Lotta Love" with Nikka Costa at the show I attended. Would have been amazing to see Dave play drums with him.
    Later on that year when Foo Fighters played the Forum, Dave told part of this story and also how Prince would sometimes bring the lights all the way down, I believe as a way so people could let loose a little more. Dave had them bring the lights down to nearly pitch dark in the middle of "Monkeywrench" after he told the story in tribute to Prince.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    IN YOUR HONOR

is the best Foo Fighters album. Peak.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    I wonder when we will get info on the FF's new album.  Pretty sure he's said multiple times over the past several months that it's been finished.  Surprised we haven't at least gotten an album name or teaser.  Figured with the tour that was supposed to happen they would be playing some new tunes
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    NSL said:
    I wonder when we will get info on the FF's new album.  Pretty sure he's said multiple times over the past several months that it's been finished.  Surprised we haven't at least gotten an album name or teaser.  Figured with the tour that was supposed to happen they would be playing some new tunes
    I read something totally unofficial (at least from what I could see) that the album was coming out in May, so maybe we'll hear something soon.  It's not like bands aren't releasing new music now (;although some are moving the release date).  Still, a little surprised we haven't heard a single.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I wonder if bands (or labels) are contemplating holding off.  As we saw with gigaton, the sales seemed a bit low (even by modern numbers).   Presumably those of us who purchase copies online were find, but given the virus, it was pretty hard for most people to walk into a record shop and buy one.   Maybe they'll wait to release it until things calm down.   It's a luxury they can afford since they never announce the released date.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Maybe they wanted to tie the new album's release into their big anniversary bash this summer, so they might hold off? Pure speculation, of course.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

Dave Grohl: ‘Foo Fighters’ 25 Year Anniversary, Nirvana, and Kurt Cobain | Apple Music

https://youtu.be/pWRC_9sVpbM
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RobertwileysrRobertwileysr Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Posts: 22
    I was just listening to The Pretender, with bluetooth, noise-canceling headphones. Let me tell you! That is an experience. You hear the song differently when you hear certain parts with the headphones. The 'keep you in the dark you know they all pretend' right after the bridge, the way you hear it with headphones! And, no, The Pretender isn't my favorite Foo Fighters' song. I'm not that basic. My favorite Foo Fighters song is probably...La Dee Da or All My Life
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Dave Grohl: ‘Foo Fighters’ 25 Year Anniversary, Nirvana, and Kurt Cobain | Apple Music

https://youtu.be/pWRC_9sVpbM
    I fucking love dave grohl. he's just so authentic and real. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Just got the email that the Hamilton concert is cancelled.  :(

Will be getting a refund.  Had GA.  Gutted.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • ElEl Posts: 139
    Nicest guy in rock!

Hope their new album drops soon.

I just wish they would rotate more songs during their shows, sadly most of the shows is just a greatest hits list. 
    Music is what feelings sound like.
    El said:
    Nicest guy in rock!

Hope their new album drops soon.

I just wish they would rotate more songs during their shows, sadly most of the shows is just a greatest hits list. 
    i hear ya, but must be incredibly difficult to want to please 80,000 people and want to throw in some rarities. you wouldn't want to kill the vibe of more people than some cities. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ElEl Posts: 139
    True, but man, hearing Come Alive or Come Back once live would be great...

Also a bummer they dont mix the slower acoustic songs into their shows and want to keep them just pure rock and roll energy. 
    Music is what feelings sound like.
    El said:
    True, but man, hearing Come Alive or Come Back once live would be great...

Also a bummer they dont mix the slower acoustic songs into their shows and want to keep them just pure rock and roll energy. 
    come alive is one of my faves. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I have seen the Foos around 20 times......the last time was in Glasgow last summer with 34,999 other people!

I like that they stick with the rocking songs........interrupting the flow with a slow song would kill the momentum in such a large audience.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I have seen the Foos around 20 times......the last time was in Glasgow last summer with 34,999 other people!

I like that they stick with the rocking songs........interrupting the flow with a slow song would kill the momentum in such a large audience.
    they have a LOT of rocking songs they don't play though. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JOEJOEJOE said:

I agree!   They don't break out many rarities....I guess they know the crowd wants them to rock the hits!

When I saw them in Glasgow last year, they opened with "Stacked Actors"....that was a bit of a surprise.

JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I agree!   They don't break out many rarities....I guess they know the crowd wants them to rock the hits!

When I saw them in Glasgow last year, they opened with "Stacked Actors"....that was a bit of a surprise.

how'd you get on the stage?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I have a friend in the organization.
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

right, i think we may have had this conversation before. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• haven't listened to ff for awhile.  come alive is so good, went back to it today.  wow.  they have so many good songs they never, ever play.  can you smell the horse on summers end and resolve?!?  why can't they throw in headwires?  come back like the other guy said.  or most of the 1st album?  the acoustic february stars is amazing.  but so is electric.  even new stuff.  song concrete and gold?  exhausted's sister. both amazing.  bring back winnebago!  i stopped going to see the foos after deluna.  they're too scripted and repetitive.  unfortunately.  but i'm listening to some of the good stuff now.  with a half acre.    
  • oh, and too much screaming "alright, sing it".  you sing it
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

right, i think we may have had this conversation before. LOL
    I think we did too!
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Anyone else have a story published on the Foo's website? 

Here is mine-

https://peopleofrockandroll.foofighters.com/stories/883
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,690
    pjpjpaul said:

Here is mine-

Cool story. I went to several HFStivals in the 90s. It was a great festival. The first one I went to was in some small outdoor venue before it moved to RFK stadium. WHFS was the best radio station ever. 99.1 FM.

pjpjpaul said:

Here is mine-

Cool project! :sunglasses: