2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Poncier said:
    Dude has a face for radio.
    LOL. i haven't seen a face contort like that since the end of Total Recall. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Go Nucks! Thatcher is opening some eyes. The FUTURE is now 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Poncier said:
    Dude has a face for radio.
    Must be radio,  because that's not Rick Pekham. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Dave Mishkin, people.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    This Stars/Avs game is bananas
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    There is one crazy exciting game on between the Stars and Avalanche 4-4. Two goals in 10 seconds, I think this is one the highest scoring series ever.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Going to sudden death OT 

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

I picked them the Stars and they finished off the Avalanche 5-4. This Stanley Cup drive is getting better and better with none of these teams being able to have a home advantage. My team is long gone the BRUINS who just could not restart the great play the once had back in March. 

Peace

• Yeah Game 7 tonight Isles flyers ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Yes a dominant game by Isles now on to Tampa juggernaut!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Yes a dominant game by Isles now on to Tampa juggernaut!
    Fishsticks are going to get fried by the Bolts. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I foresee the Bolts and the Golden  Knights for the Cup. The Bolts are hungry after last years disappointing sweep. The Golden Knights are seasoned players  with a long bench. Between those two I just don't at this time.

Peace

dankind said:
    Yes a dominant game by Isles now on to Tampa juggernaut!
    Fishsticks are going to get fried by the Bolts. 
    ^^^VERY MUCH THIS!!!^^^
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    They weren't fried, they were electrocuted.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • What the hell happened to the Isles?  8-2?  Are Tampa THAT much better than them?
    What the hell happened to the Isles?  8-2?  Are Tampa THAT much better than them?
    There was a lot to digest from this game.  Certainly the time off helped the Lightning and they were faster from the get go.  Tampa was super crisp and aggressive, especially the blue liners getting involved.  The Flyers don't have anyone that matches the speed of the Bolt's first line so that was probably surprising, especially shown by Point's opening goal.  The Isles were probably tired too, having played seven then having to travel west.  
    They gave a stat at the end saying that the Lightning did not miss the goal once during the game, and they had never seen that before.  I presume that excludes blocks, but that shows how on Tampa was last night.  Basically I think it was a case of Tampa being super on, and the Isles being off led to the slaughter.  Certainly this will tighten up, but in all phases the Lightning looked superior. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Goddam, that ending pissed me off. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mrussel1 said:
    What the hell happened to the Isles?  8-2?  Are Tampa THAT much better than them?
    There was a lot to digest from this game.  Certainly the time off helped the Lightning and they were faster from the get go.  Tampa was super crisp and aggressive, especially the blue liners getting involved.  The Flyers don't have anyone that matches the speed of the Bolt's first line so that was probably surprising, especially shown by Point's opening goal.  The Isles were probably tired too, having played seven then having to travel west.  
    They gave a stat at the end saying that the Lightning did not miss the goal once during the game, and they had never seen that before.  I presume that excludes blocks, but that shows how on Tampa was last night.  Basically I think it was a case of Tampa being super on, and the Isles being off led to the slaughter.  Certainly this will tighten up, but in all phases the Lightning looked superior. 
    2-1 loss isn't that bad.  Isles score early then can't do shit the rest of the game.
    mrussel1 said:
    2-1 loss isn't that bad.  Isles score early then can't do shit the rest of the game.
    You're right.  Isles did everything they wanted to do, but Vasilevskiy played like a Vezina winner.  Plus the Lightning were down two forwards (only played 9) after the misconduct and Point's injury.  It has to be disheartening to the Isles to not win that game, and now being down 2-0.  That's the real difference for the Bolts from last year.  They were high flying which was great in the regular season, but when things tightened up, they couldn't grind.  They shed some scoring (JT MIller) but shored up the defense, and now it's paying dividends where they can play any game.  
    I'm a total Lightning homer, but this is an excellent team.  Probably better than the one that won the cup in 04.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    You're right.  Isles did everything they wanted to do, but Vasilevskiy played like a Vezina winner.  Plus the Lightning were down two forwards (only played 9) after the misconduct and Point's injury.  It has to be disheartening to the Isles to not win that game, and now being down 2-0.  That's the real difference for the Bolts from last year.  They were high flying which was great in the regular season, but when things tightened up, they couldn't grind.  They shed some scoring (JT MIller) but shored up the defense, and now it's paying dividends where they can play any game.  
    I'm a total Lightning homer, but this is an excellent team.  Probably better than the one that won the cup in 04.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The season is still going...lol.  They must be getting great ratings.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Should be a good finals match-up between Tampa Bay and Dallas
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    does anyone give a shit about those two teams?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Yeah. Sorry your teams suck.
  • Both of these teams are playing really well right now, so I hope it's an exciting Final.  Both goalies have been spectacular.  I'm going for Tampa based on the simple fact that they touched the conference trophy - I hate that the tradition of not touching the conference trophy is still going on.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    They are jinxed!

;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    They are jinxed!

;)
    They didn't touch it in 15, and that didn't work.  I think they said "fuck it, let's enjoy".  And it was good to see Stamkos out there with them.  I am really hoping he comes back.  They're already so explosive, but adding that rocket to the mix would be huge. 

The Isles actually played really well.  It was just so difficult for them to hold them back, with so many quality shots.  The Stars play the more wide open game.  It will be interesting to see if they try to keep up with the Lightning on pace, or try to slow it down.   
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

my team is VGK...the only warm weather team worth giving a fuck about.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

my team is VGK...the only warm weather team worth giving a fuck about.
    It must the history and tradition.  Or how Vegas is such a great town.