The National Football League

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Gostkowski is older and coming off a hip injury (which is a bad injury for a kicker).
    Big gamble for Vrabel when you have a contending team.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    saw lots of bad kicking this week
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    DewieCox said:
    Gostkowski is a system kicker.
    haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited September 2020
    Bravo NFL.
    Leave it to these fools to stick us with Cincy vs Cleve tonight.  Week 2, prime time, only the fourth day to watch football this year....and it is an uninspiring matchup that most likely only interests fans of the teams playing.

Horrible.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Bravo NFL.
    Leave it to these fools to stick us with Cincy vs Cleve tonight.  Week 2, prime time, only the fourth day to watch football this year....and it is an uninspiring matchup that most likely only interests fans of the teams playing.

Horrible.  
    I saw a commercial hyping it as the battle between two #1s 🤣🤣🤣. It’s pitiful. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Bravo NFL.

Horrible.  
    That is really the only way they can hype it to try and make it national.  The Battle of Ohio works....for people who are from OH.

I thought of that as I typed what I did (having not seen that commercial) so it made me laugh to read this.

Will I watch?  Perhaps.  If I do I'm sure to have a book going at the same time.  If I don't, being that it is week 2 and I'm still excited they are playing football, I am sure I will monitor on phone and check it out if it gets crazy.

What a difference between weeks 1 and 2.  
    Bravo NFL.

Horrible.  
    That is really the only way they can hype it to try and make it national.  The Battle of Ohio works....for people who are from OH.

I thought of that as I typed what I did (having not seen that commercial) so it made me laugh to read this.

Will I watch?  Perhaps.  If I do I'm sure to have a book going at the same time.  If I don't, being that it is week 2 and I'm still excited they are playing football, I am sure I will monitor on phone and check it out if it gets crazy.

Eh....I mean it is the number 1 pick in the draft and a team who has generated a bunch of interest over the last year or two. This ain't the best but there have definitely been worse Thursday night games. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    You just want to place thirteen bets to make it interesting! 
    ;)
    You just want to place thirteen bets to make it interesting! 
    ;)
    Usually. But I've actually made zero football bets so far this year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Bravo NFL.

Horrible.  

Vodka makes everything better.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Bravo NFL.

Horrible.  
    I don't like Thur.s Night games to begin with and this not a great match up. 

Just watch, we're talking shit about this game  and it'll be a great close game>LOL

Yeah, if I had some money I'd have to make a bet to make things interesting.
    Bravo NFL.

Horrible.  

Vodka makes everything better.

yes it does / will!
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    I'm not sure if I would want to see the Battle of Ohio, or the battle of New York less (Jets vs Giants).  Maybe you'll see some action on the Cleveland sideline between OBJ and Mayfield. 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    So MNF is back on ABC? Or was this a special occasion?
    I miss igotid88
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Special occasion.  They wanted non-cable customers to watch the RAIDUHHHHS kick the Saints ass.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Titans have a Coronavirus outbreak...not good.
    Oh crap.  This is going to be interesting.  Too much to ask without bubble approach that someone doesn't get it and spread it around.
  • Poncier said:

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

On one hand, MLB had several positives early in their 'season' but bounced back well enough. On the other hand, there are a lot more guys that play for and travel with each NFL team, not to mention there's no comparison between the two sports when it comes to the player contact on the field, so MLB probably isn't a great comparison.

I think the NFL is determined to pull this season off - the revenue they get from TV & fantasy are too great to ignore, not to mention the gambling industry, there's just too much money at stake... barring something catastrophic (Like a player dying from covid), I think the NFL will play until they have a champion regardless of who's on the field.

Poncier said:

On one hand, MLB had several positives early in their 'season' but bounced back well enough. On the other hand, there are a lot more guys that play for and travel with each NFL team, not to mention there's no comparison between the two sports when it comes to the player contact on the field, so MLB probably isn't a great comparison.

I think the NFL is determined to pull this season off - the revenue they get from TV & fantasy are too great to ignore, not to mention the gambling industry, there's just too much money at stake... barring something catastrophic (Like a player dying from covid), I think the NFL will play until they have a champion regardless of who's on the field.

The one thing the NFL cannot do that MLB did do is postpone games when these things happen though. There really isn't much time to make them up in a 16 game season...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Poncier said:

The one thing the NFL cannot do that MLB did do is postpone games when these things happen though. There really isn't much time to make them up in a 16 game season...

Agreed, & if they have to cancel a game here or there, no big deal (for them)... win % will still determine playoff seeding - it will get a little tricky if they have to determine tie breakers, but let's face it, it's not like the NFL is too worried about credibility.

Poncier said:

Agreed, & if they have to cancel a game here or there, no big deal (for them)... win % will still determine playoff seeding - it will get a little tricky if they have to determine tie breakers, but let's face it, it's not like the NFL is too worried about credibility.

I don't know. Having teams playing different number of games would put an even bigger asterisk on their season than this stupid baseball season. 

I agree, though. They are gonna try and push the season through no matter what. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Poncier said:

I don't know. Having teams playing different number of games would put an even bigger asterisk on their season than this stupid baseball season. 

I agree, though. They are gonna try and push the season through no matter what. 

Yeah, there's too much money involved not to.

edited September 2020
    Poncier said:

Yeah they're going to try and play, rumor is the Titan/Steelers game may shift to Monday night allowing for extra testing and prep time for Tenn who's facility is closed till Saturday.
    Other contingency plan is shifting Steelers & Ravens game from week 7 to week 8, when both are scheduled for their byes, and Titans/Steelers playing week 7 when Tenn has their bye scheduled. 
    Either is do-able without too much issue.
    Minnesota so far has zero positive tests so the Vikings/Texans game should go off.

If this is the only incidence with more than 1 or 2 positive tests on a team the NFL can work around it, but if any more larger scale outbreaks happen we could devolve into chaos, especially later in season after teams have already had bye weeks.
    They should have built in a week 18 for make up games, could still shift the playoffs back a week if it comes to that.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    that was fun while it lasted
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Poncier said:

Believe it or not, for the first ten years of the league, the teams didn't play the same amount of games and yes, a champion was determined by win percentage. Here, check out the standings from 1929. The champion Packers played 13 games, while the Frankford Yellow Jackets played 19!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1929/index.htm

Obiously something like that would be ridiculous these days. But if it became unaviodable that one or two games had to be cancelled due to Covid, I could live with that. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    They will play the game Monday or Tuesday
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    They are no longer playing the game Monday or Tuesday.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    They are no longer playing the game Monday or Tuesday.

Yup... just saw it's going to get postponed until later in the season. One or two postponed games are probably manageable... but if more teams have outbreaks they're going to be in trouble.