2020 Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged Reissue

Comments

• kenkkenk Posts: 210

Now, I'm even more confused. So, there will be regular retail store availability? That means no one needed to join to get on in the end. Is the "fans only" version a variant? I know it's been said before, but it would be great to get some clear information. I mean, it's gone already, but it would be nice to know.
    They just like to mess with us. It is probably fun since a lot of us can be pretty whiny about things like this. But they also bring that on themselves.  Santos knows we all want to know if this is a full blown repress or just leftovers. It would be very simple to say one way or another. And since it seems to be sold out (at least on pj.com) they no longer risk losing any direct sales over it. So the only reason not to chime in is to drive the fans crazy (and to possibly avoid 1000 people asking for refunds when they realize they can get it everywhere in a month without paying their insane shipping charges for it). But that also screws fans as people are still overpaying for it on ebay/discogs if it'll be readily available in a month.

The "fans only" story doesn't make much sense either as it was initially available for half a day to everyone and not just 10 club members. I assume that meant the current listing was for 10C members only. Nothing more. If the 10 club only version was a variant why not just say it when it went up like they have in the past for things like Easy Street? A lot of us are done buying things "in hope" of a long shot variant or something being signed by a member without it being listed as such. For as cool as the band is with many great causes & charities going back decades, they sure have no issues taking advantage of their fans when it comes to suckering them into merch like I have never seen with anyone else. I know they aren't forcing anyone to spend their money, but they sure mess with your head until you are second guessing not buying something.

• DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    kenk said:

Now, I'm even more confused. So, there will be regular retail store availability? That means no one needed to join to get on in the end. Is the "fans only" version a variant? I know it's been said before, but it would be great to get some clear information. I mean, it's gone already, but it would be nice to know.
    They just like to mess with us. It is probably fun since a lot of us can be pretty whiny about things like this. But they also bring that on themselves.  Santos knows we all want to know if this is a full blown repress or just leftovers. It would be very simple to say one way or another. And since it seems to be sold out (at least on pj.com) they no longer risk losing any direct sales over it. So the only reason not to chime in is to drive the fans crazy (and to possibly avoid 1000 people asking for refunds when they realize they can get it everywhere in a month without paying their insane shipping charges for it). But that also screws fans as people are still overpaying for it on ebay/discogs if it'll be readily available in a month.

The "fans only" story doesn't make much sense either as it was initially available for half a day to everyone and not just 10 club members. I assume that meant the current listing was for 10C members only. Nothing more. If the 10 club only version was a variant why not just say it when it went up like they have in the past for things like Easy Street? A lot of us are done buying things "in hope" of a long shot variant or something being signed by a member without it being listed as such. For as cool as the band is with many great causes & charities going back decades, they sure have no issues taking advantage of their fans when it comes to suckering them into merch like I have never seen with anyone else. I know they aren't forcing anyone to spend their money, but they sure mess with your head until you are second guessing not buying something.

Totally agree. Purposefully not clarifying the legitimate questions many have keeps the masses lapping all this stuff up and ensuring it sells out immediately. Great business strategy. Which of course is exactly the purpose of selling merch. in the first place.
    Remind me, what was it John Lydon said at the end of the last Pistols gig?
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • CD is sold out again.
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 480
    RSD exclusive makes it pretty clear. Would have been RSD first otherwise.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    JackD. said:
    RSD exclusive makes it pretty clear. Would have been RSD first otherwise.
    Not when they call it 2020 reissue
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • CD is sold out again.
    It's still there - sort by "Best Selling", and it will come up.  Looks like they took it off of the "Featured" part of the website
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    edited September 2020
    So new pressing or leftover from RSD?
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    edited September 2020
    Ok mini update on my end, my local shop said they're fairly confident that theyll  get the Unplugged LP, but the label hasnt give them any info yet.  Sometimes they let artists put things up for reorder before they give it to stores. 
    Post edited by PSUS2H on
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    edited September 2020
    Weird that it’s in and out of stock. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    That seems to be the info from all local shops and online retailers so far...
    From the people I know who work in those areas it's been, "Label hasn't given any info on vinyl. Only CD."
    This article indicates CD only will get a "wide release", but I know we can't rely on articles too much. They have been inconsistent with info.
    https://theseconddisc.com/2020/09/11/pearl-jams-unplugged-set-gets-wide-release-in-october/
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    edited September 2020
    Back to available in shop, for now.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    edited September 2020

And sold out again...

Post edited by darthvedder on

And sold out again...

They should replace the picture on the front of the album with a picture of a yo-yo.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Mental! I'm not ISO but crazy to watch. You get about a random 10 minutes per day to score. Good luck
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    CD is sold out again.
    Interesting.  I was hoping to wait until it was available for purchase from amazon canada to avoid paying shipping, but now I'm wonder how limited the cd/vinyl pressings are.   If the 10c is running out of copies to sell, how many can there possibly be for retail?   You'd figure they'd be overflowing with copies at the source (10c).

The CD is back up for sale.. maybe I'll get one in case Amazon's page is a phantom page.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I stopped buying CDs from 10c a long time ago, unless there's no other option. No point when everyone else has free shipping.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Zod said:
    CD is sold out again.
    Interesting.  I was hoping to wait until it was available for purchase from amazon canada to avoid paying shipping, but now I'm wonder how limited the cd/vinyl pressings are.   If the 10c is running out of copies to sell, how many can there possibly be for retail?   You'd figure they'd be overflowing with copies at the source (10c).

The CD is back up for sale.. maybe I'll get one in case Amazon's page is a phantom page.
    I believe it's real. But it doesn't have the new vinyl
    https://amzn.to/3bKKYsx
    I miss igotid88
  • BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 397
    just purchased, back in shop 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    You r fast. Gone. Must have been 1!
  • BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 397
    back up
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    BRONDO said:
    back up
    Vinyl?
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    CD
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    igotid88 said:
    Zod said:
    CD is sold out again.

There's been instances in the past where Amazon has listed something, but it didn't end up being for retail release (they added it because it showed up in some kind of system somewhere).  Amazon Canada has it listed, but you can't buy it (which to be fair is normal for Amazon Canada, they're always last to put things for sale).    I just find it odd that if it were meant for retail, then there should be lots of copies.   Why would the 10c keep running out?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Zod said:
    igotid88 said:
    Zod said:
    CD is sold out again.

There's been instances in the past where Amazon has listed something, but it didn't end up being for retail release (they added it because it showed up in some kind of system somewhere).  Amazon Canada has it listed, but you can't buy it (which to be fair is normal for Amazon Canada, they're always last to put things for sale).    I just find it odd that if it were meant for retail, then there should be lots of copies.   Why would the 10c keep running out?
    Mostly the vinyl keeps selling out. But they have a digital version and it will be on streaming services 
    I miss igotid88
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Zod said:

The CD seems to definitely be retail. So amazon is probably a safe bet to order from. Numerous online places have it available for pre orders. But only 1 european shop has listed the lp so far. So that is obviosuly questionable. But it is not like PJ are pressing this themselves and have all the stock to sell. So they may only have a certain amount of each currently for their own shop sales.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    I'm just really thrilled to have gotten in a vinyl order.  This is exciting for me as pre-quarantine life I didn't collect vinyl.  Guess I needed a new addiction this year.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    kenk said:
    Zod said:

The CD seems to definitely be retail. So amazon is probably a safe bet to order from. Numerous online places have it available for pre orders. But only 1 european shop has listed the lp so far. So that is obviosuly questionable. But it is not like PJ are pressing this themselves and have all the stock to sell. So they may only have a certain amount of each currently for their own shop sales.

With a month away and still no USA/CDN online stores taking any pre orders on the reissue vinyl I believe this vinyl release will be exclusively given & sold to the 10club store & their Merchbar store who officially sells their 10club merch. Just one European store is taking pre orders on the vinyl https://www.gaffashop.dk/shop/pearl-jam-mtv-75819p.html, which I haven't heard of this store before. Not even Bull Moose is taking pre orders. And these guys usually put up pre order links before any other USA/CDN online store does. I tried searching distribution sale sites who would be carrying the 2020 reissue vinyl. Nothing coming up.

• I see the vinyl is available for pre-order on Bull Moose.  I have the RSD vinyl so not sure what this is.  But guess that is the point of this thread.  I have only scanned the comments.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    CJ260717 said:
    I see the vinyl is available for pre-order on Bull Moose.  I have the RSD vinyl so not sure what this is.  But guess that is the point of this thread.  I have only scanned the comments.
    Got a link? Only vinyl I'm seeing is .. https://www.bullmoose.com/p/32511176/pearl-jam-mtv-unplugged-180g-vinyl-includes-download-insert-rsd-bf-exclusive .

The CD I see is up for preorder.  https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34735485/pearl-jam-mtv-unplugged 

• I just noticed this is called "Completely Unplug" so not sure what the difference is.
    https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34514271/pearl-jam-completely-unplugged-2-lp