2020 Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged Reissue

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Horse2345 said:
    Still not sure why they call it “2020 reissue” if theyre 2019 leftovers.  
    I don't think they are.
    I miss igotid88
  • So I understand this philosophy could come with some heat. Please just hear me out for what this is (not looking for negative feedback, thank you). I am a Pearl Jam supporter and have attended them in concert. I recently acquired a turntable and began a record exchange with my brother for bday and xmas presents. I was particularly excited about this release for our exchange. Here is my predicament. I saw the merch store listing. It prompted me to register. I did the free account first. Then it prompted me to upgrade the registration to the paid membership to purchase the presale. Nowhere did it say sold out on vinyl, just progressing stages of registration to purchase. Now my registration is paid, presale is sold out, and despite my love for Pearl Jam the whole registration was for this single vinyl, plain and simple. Does anyone have any idea if this will be restocked on Monday or another time via 10c? If this avenue for acquisition has dried up I am very disappointed in the registration process as it was quite misleading that stock was gone until after money was paid. Also curious to know if vinyl will in fact be stocked retail come Oct. Happy for any and all help. I've read the prior thread which was full of ups and downs with announcements of restock and sold out. TIA! 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    igotid88 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    I don't think they are.
    They’re not calling it 2020 reissue or theyre not leftovers?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Horse2345 said:
    I think it might be the 2nd time it happened.  10c put a few of them up for sale several weeks (ish?) after RSD and called them a new pressing, but they were RSD leftovers (which I'm thankful for because I got a copy).  I did hear lots of talk that the unplugged vinyl didn't ship properly (none of my local stores got their orders).   Maybe they got stuck in the supply chain somewhere, and go redirected back to 10c or something.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Horse2345 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    I don't think they are.
    They’re not calling it 2020 reissue or theyre not leftovers?
    Not leftovers. If they were they wouldn't be sold out 3 times in 2 days. 
    I miss igotid88
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    Iahawk8 said:
    So I understand this philosophy could come with some heat. Please just hear me out for what this is (not looking for negative feedback, thank you). I am a Pearl Jam supporter and have attended them in concert. I recently acquired a turntable and began a record exchange with my brother for bday and xmas presents. I was particularly excited about this release for our exchange. Here is my predicament. I saw the merch store listing. It prompted me to register. I did the free account first. Then it prompted me to upgrade the registration to the paid membership to purchase the presale. Nowhere did it say sold out on vinyl, just progressing stages of registration to purchase. Now my registration is paid, presale is sold out, and despite my love for Pearl Jam the whole registration was for this single vinyl, plain and simple. Does anyone have any idea if this will be restocked on Monday or another time via 10c? If this avenue for acquisition has dried up I am very disappointed in the registration process as it was quite misleading that stock was gone until after money was paid. Also curious to know if vinyl will in fact be stocked retail come Oct. Happy for any and all help. I've read the prior thread which was full of ups and downs with announcements of restock and sold out. TIA! 
    I know it doesn’t solve your problem and get you the record but I’m pretty sure if you email the ten club and explain this that they will give you a refund. 

That being said... it’s possible the record will be restocked.  Usually when things sell out for good the listing is removed completely.  So it might be a good sign that it’s still up.  But there’s no way to tell for sure unfortunately. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• I know it doesn’t solve your problem and get you the record but I’m pretty sure if you email the ten club and explain this that they will give you a refund. 

That being said... it’s possible the record will be restocked.  Usually when things sell out for good the listing is removed completely.  So it might be a good sign that it’s still up.  But there’s no way to tell for sure unfortunately. 
    Appreciate the understanding and suggestions. Called the local shops in the Denver area and no real leads. Suggested contacting them back for associates higher in the inventory chain. I’ll hold my breath since the listing hasn’t fallen off. Hope that isn’t a possibility Monday morning either. Glass half full and they’ll restock. 
  • torevindtorevind Posts: 16
    edited September 2020
    Danish online shop gaffa has it up now - release date 22 Oct: https://www.gaffashop.dk/shop/pearl-jam-mtv-75819p.html.
    This is so strange... anyway, fingers crossed 10c will let us cancel orders, since they didn't let us know it would be a general release.
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    Iahawk8 said:
    So I understand this philosophy could come with some heat. Please just hear me out for what this is (not looking for negative feedback, thank you). I am a Pearl Jam supporter and have attended them in concert. I recently acquired a turntable and began a record exchange with my brother for bday and xmas presents. I was particularly excited about this release for our exchange. Here is my predicament. I saw the merch store listing. It prompted me to register. I did the free account first. Then it prompted me to upgrade the registration to the paid membership to purchase the presale. Nowhere did it say sold out on vinyl, just progressing stages of registration to purchase. Now my registration is paid, presale is sold out, and despite my love for Pearl Jam the whole registration was for this single vinyl, plain and simple. Does anyone have any idea if this will be restocked on Monday or another time via 10c? If this avenue for acquisition has dried up I am very disappointed in the registration process as it was quite misleading that stock was gone until after money was paid. Also curious to know if vinyl will in fact be stocked retail come Oct. Happy for any and all help. I've read the prior thread which was full of ups and downs with announcements of restock and sold out. TIA! 
    I think if your membership is only a few days old, and you tell tenclub that you only wanted the membership to buy the record, they may refund you and cancel your membership.
    When you write and explain the situation, if you're lucky, maybe they will even give you some insight on if the vinyl is completely sold out or not.
    (and can report back what you learn here :) )
  • DKedzie said:
    I still find it funny how back in Nov/Dec, after these sold out quickly for RSD, that some people were shouting back then,
    "You're foolish to pay the inflated $60+ price tags on ebay. More will be released soon (as in last Nov/Dec), and flippers will have to sell them for under cost because the market will be flooded with them, because there are 13,000!"
    That never happened.
    I said people were crazy for paying inflated prices and I still say it. Clearly this was already available again over 2 dates if one wanted it. And I’ll be shocked if it’s not available readily on or before the October 22nd date more widely. If it is, then those people will be right. 
  • on2legs said:
      Usually when things sell out for good the listing is removed completely.  So it might be a good sign that it’s still up.  But there’s no way to tell for sure unfortunately. 
    Yeah, it's unfortunate the listing has both the CD and vinyl options, so they can't remove the listing if the CD is not sold out. It's bizarre that after the vinyl and CD initially sold out, the listing went all the way to the back of the music section when they added more inventory.

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    Iahawk8 said:

I know it doesn’t solve your problem and get you the record but I’m pretty sure if you email the ten club and explain this that they will give you a refund. 

Appreciate the understanding and suggestions. Called the local shops in the Denver area and no real leads. Suggested contacting them back for associates higher in the inventory chain. I’ll hold my breath since the listing hasn’t fallen off. Hope that isn’t a possibility Monday morning either. Glass half full and they’ll restock. 
    Good luck... hoping they restock it!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 94
    edited September 2020
    DKedzie said:
    I still find it funny how back in Nov/Dec, after these sold out quickly for RSD, that some people were shouting back then,
    "You're foolish to pay the inflated $60+ price tags on ebay. More will be released soon (as in last Nov/Dec), and flippers will have to sell them for under cost because the market will be flooded with them, because there are 13,000!"
    That never happened.
    I said people were crazy for paying inflated prices and I still say it. Clearly this was already available again over 2 dates if one wanted it. And I’ll be shocked if it’s not available readily on or before the October 22nd date more widely. If it is, then those people will be right. 

It was available again, around 10 months later.
    I was saying that it was funny that people were so sure they would be able to get it at cost (or under) within the month after last November's drop.
    I agree that it is a bad idea to pay the inflated prices. I wouldn't.
    But to each their own. One could pay the extra money and secure getting one right away, or save money and wait and see if more come up at cost.
    My point was just that over the past 10 months or so, they didn't go down in price on ebay, like some said they would. (maybe not you.)
  • ChrisdM said:
    I think if your membership is only a few days old, and you tell tenclub that you only wanted the membership to buy the record, they may refund you and cancel your membership.
    When you write and explain the situation, if you're lucky, maybe they will even give you some insight on if the vinyl is completely sold out or not.
    More like less than an hour old when I sent in my message stating the situation. Planning to follow up tomorrow during business hours, maybe even calling if I can find a good phone number. And of course I will be reporting back. Will even look to do some reporting back when I do my follow up's with local Denver shops (one call tomorrow and another in a week). Stay tuned and thanks for the support and info, all!
    Iahawk8 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    More like less than an hour old when I sent in my message stating the situation. Planning to follow up tomorrow during business hours, maybe even calling if I can find a good phone number. And of course I will be reporting back. Will even look to do some reporting back when I do my follow up's with local Denver shops (one call tomorrow and another in a week). Stay tuned and thanks for the support and info, all!
    Awesome!
  • Hello!
    since both NME https://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jam-releasing-1992-mtv-unplugged-performance-vinyl-2751071
    and SPIN https://www.spin.com/2020/09/pearl-jam-to-release-1992-mtv-unplugged-sessions/
    mention that PJ is releasing this vinyl on their 30's birthday, I assume it will be available in stores.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I wouldn't understand why those magazines would talk about it if it was a "fan only" sale...
    1996 Paris
    2006 Marseille - Paris 
    2010 Berlin 
    2012 Stockholm - Oslo
    2022 Berlin - Frankfurt - London 1+2 - Paris - Amsterdam
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    sootheboy said:
    Hello!
    since both NME https://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jam-releasing-1992-mtv-unplugged-performance-vinyl-2751071
    and SPIN https://www.spin.com/2020/09/pearl-jam-to-release-1992-mtv-unplugged-sessions/
    mention that PJ is releasing this vinyl on their 30's birthday, I assume it will be available in stores.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I wouldn't understand why those magazines would talk about it if it was a "fan only" sale...

Because they don't know?   They're probably using the 10c's announcement as their source and 10c didn't really specify in the announcement?
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    edited September 2020
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    I think it might be the 2nd time it happened.  10c put a few of them up for sale several weeks (ish?) after RSD and called them a new pressing, but they were RSD leftovers (which I'm thankful for because I got a copy).  I did hear lots of talk that the unplugged vinyl didn't ship properly (none of my local stores got their orders).   Maybe they got stuck in the supply chain somewhere, and go redirected back to 10c or something.

This one makes a lot of sense. I visited several stores the week of RSD (Toronto) and every one I asked, said they didn't even get a co
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    sootheboy said:
    Hello!
    Cause those magazines created articles simply based on an Instagram post by the band. No more info, just for clicks.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    JackD. said:
    sootheboy said:
    Hello!
    Cause those magazines created articles simply based on an Instagram post by the band. No more info, just for clicks.
    Bit like alternative nation, quoting people from here as news
    Kearnsy
  • JackD. said:
    sootheboy said:
    Hello!
    ok, makes sens
    1996 Paris
    2006 Marseille - Paris 
    2010 Berlin 
    2012 Stockholm - Oslo
    2022 Berlin - Frankfurt - London 1+2 - Paris - Amsterdam
  • Odd.... After being sold out on Sunday I was able to purchase around 9:30 central time Monday morning here... https://shop.pearljam.com/collections/music/products/2020-pearl-jam-mtv-unplugged-reissue
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Vinyl back in stock again
    edited September 2020
    I saw it back again too 5-10 mins ago. Gone again now, though?
    Maybe just had a small amount more to put up, and all got snatched up quick?
    This is weird.
    Post edited by ChrisdM on
  • ChrisdM said:
    I saw it back again too 5 mins ago. Gone again now, though?
    Yes! Wtf. I’ve refreshed on the hour since 650am mtn time and 3 times within the last 40min and sold out all times. This is so frustrating. 
  • Well, here's an update. Spoke directly with fan club support. It is sold out....no more access. Was fan's only, had to have a membership. He stated an email could be sent if the membership was registered strictly for the album to receive a refund. He couldn't speak to this morning's wave of availability if it was true stock or system glitches. He did say it will hit retail on 10/22. Ho Hum.... :(
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Iahawk8 said:
    Well, here's an update. Spoke directly with fan club support. It is sold out....no more access. Was fan's only, had to have a membership. He stated an email could be sent if the membership was registered strictly for the album to receive a refund. He couldn't speak to this morning's wave of availability if it was true stock or system glitches. He did say it will hit retail on 10/22. Ho Hum.... :(
    Now, I'm even more confused. So, there will be regular retail store availability? That means no one needed to join to get on in the end. Is the "fans only" version a variant? I know it's been said before, but it would be great to get some clear information. I mean, it's gone already, but it would be nice to know.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    Iahawk8 said:
    Well, here's an update. Spoke directly with fan club support. It is sold out....no more access. Was fan's only, had to have a membership. He stated an email could be sent if the membership was registered strictly for the album to receive a refund. He couldn't speak to this morning's wave of availability if it was true stock or system glitches. He did say it will hit retail on 10/22. Ho Hum.... :(
    Now, I'm even more confused. So, there will be regular retail store availability? That means no one needed to join to get on in the end. Is the "fans only" version a variant? I know it's been said before, but it would be great to get some clear information. I mean, it's gone already, but it would be nice to know.
    Yeah, would be nice if the 10C one was different somehow, colored or whatever, but who knows? Probably not different?
    If it's the exact same, then a lot of people could have saved on shipping by waiting to get it when it "hits retail".
  • Now, I'm even more confused. So, there will be regular retail store availability? That means no one needed to join to get on in the end. Is the "fans only" version a variant? I know it's been said before, but it would be great to get some clear information. I mean, it's gone already, but it would be nice to know.
    This is a bizarre situation. I hope their system handled the stock appropriately so that some folks in these random windows won't have cancelled orders coming in the next few days or weeks. Also, feel for all those in the same situation as me registering for accounts to find out there's no stock. They need to update the listing for sure. I too am intrigued to know if there is a difference between the fans only and retail versions. No sense for me stressing though as this site is dead in the water for me. Hoping and praying I get a copy come Oct. 
  • If anyone scored two or sees it in stock again I would be interested in taking a copy...OBVIOUSLY. Ha. (Relisted stock is a Hail Mary hope the 10c rep is incorrect but doubtful). Just message me. My paid membership has already been terminated so I cannot even see if it would be listed again for purchase. Now I’m frantically calling Denver area shops to confirm retail sale on 10/22. I don’t think they have any info as of yet.