NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited August 2020
    The idiots screaming the loudest about this (none of you) are the idiots that caused this.

It does suck. Penn State was pretty stacked.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,604
    The idiots screaming the loudest about this (none of you) are the idiots that caused this.

Buckeyes lose possibly the last year of maybe its best QB ever, in Justin Fields.  Kid is awesome.  I wonder if he will leave with only one real year of playing under his belt.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Big 10 and Pac-12 are done for the fall.  But sounds like Big 12, ACC and SEC want to move forward.  This is going to be a mess...
    That means no real champion.  I don't know how I feel about this whole thing.  I think I'd prefer a January start of the season in totality, with a real champ.
    Delaying the season to January or the spring won't work.  Top prospects aren't going to play with the draft coming up and trying to have 2 full seasons in a 7-8 month span isn't very reasonable.  This sucks.
    I understand this point, but you're talking about only a handful of kids, even on the top teams.  I don't think they should make a decision for all 82 scholarship players based on the few that would be drafted.  If they choose not to play, then that's that.  But if it's safe to play a conference schedule in January, I think they should.  
    mrussel1 said:

Buckeyes lose possibly the last year of maybe its best QB ever, in Justin Fields.  Kid is awesome.  I wonder if he will leave with only one real year of playing under his belt.  
    Hate to see it. The last two major QBs who spurned Penn State and ended up at Ohio State didn't end too well.  One by their own actions in Pryor.
    mrussel1 said:

Hate to see it. The last two major QBs who spurned Penn State and ended up at Ohio State didn't end too well.  One by their own actions in Pryor.
    He had a nice college career though.  
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Got some college football being played tomorrow. In a weird and uncertain season, I won't miss seeing Harbaugh and his stupid khakis, hearing the USC fight song or the non-stop crying about ND not being in a conference. 

I will miss the full and complete weekly rankings and the USC cheerleaders. At what age does the later become creepy?

Go IRISH!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Got some college football being played tomorrow. In a weird and uncertain season, I won't miss seeing Harbaugh and his stupid khakis, hearing the USC fight song or the non-stop crying about ND not being in a conference. 

I will miss the full and complete weekly rankings and the USC cheerleaders. At what age does the later become creepy?

Go IRISH!
    When you reach Brent Musberger's age and get recorded on live TV.
    Other than that, it's all good.

eddiec said:

Go IRISH!
    When you reach Brent Musberger's age and get recorded on live TV.
    Other than that, it's all good.

Lmao...that was great stuff. Creepy as he may have been, he wasn't exactly wrong.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    There is something about USC cheerleaders with those white sweaters.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited September 2020
    My buddy dated one for a year while we were in school.  Just a normal (albeit very pretty) gal....but when she put that uniform on.....let's just say we asked him if he had her wear it when they were alone.  Lol.

I miss not having SC games to agonize over.....I was hoping this would finally be the year they shit canned that damnable Clay.

A part of my life is missing - when we still lived in Socal and went to the games is was the highlight of most weeks.  

Oh well.  Could be worse.  

Could be a Bruin fan.  :lol:

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited September 2020
    Btw...they are Song Girls.  Cheerleaders are for high school.

Also, it baffled us consistently....but Oregon has the most consistently stunning girls cheering on the sidelines.  SC....UCLA....ASU....all way more outlandish student  bodies (!) but Oregon always picked some gems.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on

Also, it baffled us consistently....but Oregon has the most consistently stunning girls cheering on the sidelines.  SC....UCLA....ASU....all way more outlandish study bodies (!) but Oregon always picked some gems.
    Ha, I never knew that.  Yes, Oregon is amazing.  I think it's the classic look of USC that makes them standout.  They seem to have a girl next door quality to them. 
    mrussel1 said:

Also, it baffled us consistently....but Oregon has the most consistently stunning girls cheering on the sidelines.  SC....UCLA....ASU....all way more outlandish study bodies (!) but Oregon always picked some gems.
    Ha, I never knew that.  Yes, Oregon is amazing.  I think it's the classic look of USC that makes them standout.  They seem to have a girl next door quality to them. 
    Not sure if all schools have it but they are held to a ridiculously strict code of conduct.
    No raging party girls make that squad.  
    It is hard work - I was always amazed at the gal we knew and how committed she was to it.  She really loved that role.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,385
    Fuck!! No Pac12, no Big10, no MAC, no Mtn West!!

none of "my" teams are even playing.

oh well....fuck Bama!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

oh well....fuck Bama!!!!
    There’s no way of all people you can’t find a team 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,385
    Wobbie said:

oh well....fuck Bama!!!!
    There’s no way of all people you can’t find a team 

maybe the Ragin’ Cajuns?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

oh well....fuck Bama!!!!
    I don't think the SEC starts for a few weeks.  I think the BIG will start mid to late October
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    The B1G has decided to play this fall and will now start games on Oct 24. 8 game conference only schedule with no bye weeks and a championship game on Dec 19.

Since the Pac-12 seems to follow the B1G's lead, I'd expect an announcement from them in the next few days.
    The B1G has decided to play this fall and will now start games on Oct 24. 8 game conference only schedule with no bye weeks and a championship game on Dec 19.

Since the Pac-12 seems to follow the B1G's lead, I'd expect an announcement from them in the next few days.
    Yep.  Did you guys see where Orgeron said almost the whole LSU team has/had it?  Crazy. 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:

Yep.  Did you guys see where Orgeron said almost the whole LSU team has/had it?  Crazy. 
    Yeah, that is crazy. At least it happened before the season so they could get rid of it and put in more effective policies. Tennessee had something like 45 players that tested positive last month  You can tell that some places were very concerned and some definitely were not. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430
    rumored big 10 chancellors/presidents meeting today to vote on having some kind of season.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    rumored big 10 chancellors/presidents meeting today to vote on having some kind of season.
    It's done.  Oct 24.  Unanimous vote.
    Pac12 can't even practice due to state laws for 6 of their teams.  (OR and CA laws)
    Until that changes I don't see how they can play

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    So they're planning on starting around when things are supposed to get worse again?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Pac12 can't even practice due to state laws for 6 of their teams.  (OR and CA laws)

Yeah, but that's the PAC12, nobody really cares about them.

I care about them at 10PM EST on Saturday night when everything else is over and I can still watch a game until late at night...so...yeah. 
    mrussel1 said:

I care about them at 10PM EST on Saturday night when everything else is over and I can still watch a game until late at night...so...yeah. 
    You make a fair point. After I've watched CFB all day, drink a lot, watch the CFB recap shows, then PAC12 football makes a nice backdrop while I end up cooking a frozen pizza to cure my drunken munchies.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    So they're planning on starting around when things are supposed to get worse again?
    Yeah, that could happen. (get worse but let's HOPE it doesn't)
    mrussel1 said:

You make a fair point. After I've watched CFB all day, drink a lot, watch the CFB recap shows, then PAC12 football makes a nice backdrop while I end up cooking a frozen pizza to cure my drunken munchies.
    That's exactly it.  Fall asleep on the couch or chair peacefully during the 3rd quarter
     Wake up and find out that 49 points were scored in the 4th. Final of 80 to 77. Typical Pac Saturday night affair. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's exactly it.  Fall asleep on the couch or chair peacefully during the 3rd quarter
     Wake up and find out that 49 points were scored in the 4th. Final of 80 to 77. Typical Pac Saturday night affair. 
    Now that, my friend is a great October/November Saturday spent!