2020 Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged Reissue

Comments

• Sold out now already. I was hoping that it would be available in the UK store. It was more for shipping than the actual record.
  • Wow, sold out already. I wonder if these were actually items held back from the previous sale on this site and released now rather than a new/re- pressing. Would have been nice if they said something along the lines of "very limited copies available" or something. Sorry to everyone that held back on picking one up, hopefully be another vinyl release at some point for folks who still don't have one. 
  • Can we get some clarification about availability of this? Is is going to be available via the EU/UK store or generally in shops (instore or online)? I have just put the CD in my cart and i'm being quoted $13.99 for standard international shipping to the UK. If that isn't bad enough i have another option of $175.69 for UPS worldwide expedited shipping and it still takes 4 days to arrive! For that price i'd expect the band to hand deliver it to my door on the day of release.
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • They really need to sort out getting this stuff into the Euro store. I held back on this and can no longer order records from 10c, not only because of the high shipping prices, but because each time I order something I get hit with an import charge. Shame to miss out on this and I know i'm not alone in not ordering due to these costs.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Also, I think us in Europe would happily pay a little bit more for records if it means it's being shipped from Europe and the import charge is removed and the shipping cost is lower. 
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,605
    The wording 'we are alo making the 2019 rsd lp available again' makes me, now that it's gone, think it was a few boxes they held back. 13,000 for rsd. Maybe they kept 3000 to sell on 10c. It's a bit confusing when it's put together with the cd preorder. sorry to whomever missed out. I wouldn't have thought it was so limited.
    Take care everyone
  • I wasn't going to order one from the shop and instead wait to see if they were available in stores to save on shipping. Thought about it and changed my mind and ordered one when I got home. I had no idea they were limited quantity, only that you could only buy one per order. I am glad I went with my instinct. 
  • DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    They really need to sort out getting this stuff into the Euro store. I held back on this and can no longer order records from 10c, not only because of the high shipping prices, but because each time I order something I get hit with an import charge. Shame to miss out on this and I know i'm not alone in not ordering due to these costs.
    This.

I have been searching for a copy of this for ages on secondary sites, but refusing to pay the inflated fees to flippers.
    As soon as i saw the newsletter email I logged on and carted it.
    As previously mentioned, the shipping is more than the item itself.
    So whilst the cost of the item + shipping + import fees would still have been less than getting a copy from a secondary site I just couldn't pull the trigger - hoping instead that this would either appear on the Euro Shop or become widely available domestically.
    With today's economic situation blowing so much money on 'stuff' has become harder and harder to do.

On the topic of the Euro Shop - let's face it, It's only a vehicle to sell stuff that won't sell well in the US ('Soccer' shirts) or stuff that's produced in vast quantities (new albums, etc). The good shit/limited shit will always sell out on the main site, so why would they bother putting it up elsewhere?

Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • Deano said:

On the topic of the Euro Shop - let's face it, It's only a vehicle to sell stuff that won't sell well in the US ('Soccer' shirts) or stuff that's produced in vast quantities (new albums, etc). The good shit/limited shit will always sell out on the main site, so why would they bother putting it up elsewhere?

True. Very true.
    Which is a real shame as Europe is a huge market for Pearl Jam and they could sell a lot more stuff if it was made readily available to us.
    I understand the economics of them having to ship stuff in bulk from Seattle to a euro store, but 10c doing this and then explaining the inflated price to us compared to the US price would still be more welcome than us all shipping individually from the US and paying the import fee's. I would happily pay £25/30 for unplugged, plus Euro shipping compared to the £16 it costs in the 10c store if it was sent from Europe.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Has Santos or anyone confirmed that it is actually sold out? I recall the Gigaton LP showing as unavailable a few times right when it came out and then it was readded to the store. They are calling it a "reissue" so if they did press new copies it wouldn't make sense to have it so limited since they had no issues selling 13k copies of the RSD version. Plus they wouldn't have to wait until late October to ship if it was just boxes they had sitting around. So I'd still hold off on paying $80-$100 on disogs or ebay for this and see how it plays out.

Also when was the last time they sold something limited that wasn't available just to Ten Club?
  • One counter to the UK/Euro store issue is that they do release items (recent Vaults) which are pressed and sold in Europe, with low postage costs for those of us over here. It's worth it to me for this alone.
  • igotid88 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    I wonder how many copies are in this run. Just says "limited".
    Limited to 100,000?
    Limited to how many people pre-order it, and press the quantity depending on how many pre-order it?
    Where does it say limited? It says limited 1 per order. But you can order more than 1
    .I wonder if it'll be available in stores as well?
    It means an apparently limited pressing on vinyl. Already sold out.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    igotid88 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    I wonder how many copies are in this run. Just says "limited".
    Limited to 100,000?
    Limited to how many people pre-order it, and press the quantity depending on how many pre-order it?
    Where does it say limited? It says limited 1 per order. But you can order more than 1
    .I wonder if it'll be available in stores as well?
    It means an apparently limited pressing on vinyl. Already sold out.
    I didn't ask what limited meant. I was asking where it said it was limited pressing. It said limit to 1 per order but you could buy more than 1.
    I miss igotid88
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I messaged a local record store to see if they'll have the LP available for preorder, will share updates when I have them. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    Vinyl and cd sold out. Say what?
  • Yikes! CD too? I was going to order it.

Oh well. I have a decent bootleg and the DVD.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    edited September 2020
    Well...support a local shop in Seattle if you're looking for the CD..... https://easystreetonline.com/UPC/194398086729  (while you're there you can grab the trucker hat that Ed wore for the DotC live video they did https://easystreetonline.com/Item/9005091843) 
    Post edited by PSUS2H on
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Vinyl is back in stock. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    AW124797 said:
    Vinyl is back in stock. 

• Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Zod said:
    Is the CD going to retail or can I only buy it from 10?  Would like to shop local if I can (and save on shipping) but I'll buy it from 10c if there is no other option.
    Ditch said release date is Oct 22 and they figure they’ll be solicited to order some soon.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Someone posted a screenshot showing a beige splatter variant... Is that a hoax?
    https://postimg.cc/8sZ4Xp8s

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Someone posted a screenshot showing a beige splatter variant... Is that a hoax?

Whoa! Didn't see that one up @ the 10club store.
  • demetrios said:

No me neither and I don't think anyone here, I'm trying to get that guy to tell me if he saw it himself. A bit skeptical at this time.
  • demetrios said:

No me neither and I don't think anyone here, I'm trying to get that guy to tell me if he saw it himself. A bit skeptical at this time.
    Yeah it's an idiot trolling, asshole. just don't get why people get a kick out of spreading BS.
  • demetrios said:

Yeah it's an idiot trolling, asshole. just don't get why people get a kick out of spreading BS.
    Looks cool though, I'd buy one.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    will it be in uk shop
    danny d
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    How was the sound on the RSD version? I know there has been a rip from the TV broadcast circulating for years. Is this better quality?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    JimmyV said:
    How was the sound on the RSD version? I know there has been a rip from the TV broadcast circulating for years. Is this better quality?
    I love the original RSD version. This is coming from someone who enjoys and loves vinyl, but cant usually hear the difference.