2020 Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged Reissue

Comments

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    demetrios said:
    PP193448 said:
    So I have $55 in gift card amount in my account.  Anyone know how the hell to apply it to checkout 

At the end of the payment screen you should see the "Gift card or discount code" box. 
    The $55 is my gift card balance, already redeemed long time ago, but not used yet.  I can’t find any code associated with it.  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    Why does it say “Variant” above the vinyl/cd option? Any difference?
    I was wondering the same thing.  Once I got in the cart it didn't mention variant anymore.  I bought anyways.  Bonus would be if it was some sort of variant.  If anyone knows anything please share.
    I think the variant is just Vinyl vs CD. You choose which of those two variants you want.
    Other stores, like Amazon, use "variant" in their terminology as a way to choose which version of the product you want.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

This was literally delivered an hour ago after I pulled the trigger on it last week. Oh, the irony. I am still happy to have it, but the timing of it all. I would have saved some money had I waited just one more week. 
  • maxferl said:
    Will it be available in local store or just from PJ shop?
    That would be good to know. $11.25 shipping for a $20 LP is making me hesitate to order it from the shop.

$35 shipping to Europe (Greece)
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    maxferl said:
    That would be good to know. $11.25 shipping for a $20 LP is making me hesitate to order it from the shop.

$21 to Ireland 
    Kearnsy
    GlowGirl said:

This was literally delivered an hour ago after I pulled the trigger on it last week. Oh, the irony. I am still happy to have it, but the timing of it all. I would have saved some money had I waited just one more week. 
    I know the feeling. The same thing happened to me with Fiona Apple's Ider Wheel on vinyl. I bought the 1st pressing for about $100, then a couple of months later the reissue was announced.
    Also happened with PJ Harvey's Rid of me. Paid around $100 for a 1st pressing, then shortly after the reissues were announced.
    Those were actually good deals for 1st pressings, but I'd have been fine with just the reissues for around $25.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    If this was released 27 or 28 years ago it would have been at least 5x platinum. Now it'll be a miracle if it sold more than 50k. I'm hoping it does well.
    I miss igotid88
    By the way, if you want to get technical, wouldn't a "repress" be exactly the same as the 1st pressing of this. As in same packaging, and produced from the same masters?
    "Reissue" usually indicates a different pressing (from a different master plate) or different packaging from the original.
    Even though the item description says "REISSUE", it may actually be a "REPRESS".
    But who knows.
  • kenk said:
    JBob87 said:
    Kind of lame that an "RSD Exclusive" is being reissued in what appears to be the exact same pressing / packaging...a little heads up would have been nice

Agreed. At least do a variant or a different cover. That is the whole point of "RSD EXCLUSIVES".

Why not also repress Twenty, Lost Dogs, Benaroya, and any other high demand LP? They can obviously sell a ton of them. What is the difference?
    I make the same argument with limited quantities of event posters.  Why stop at a limited quantity of anything that’s in high demand?
    edited September 2020
    Aside from Merchbar, I'm seeing that this release is being shared in other stores outside of 10C.
    So you may save on shipping elsewhere.
    Post edited by ChrisdM on
  • Kearn5y said:
    maxferl said:

$21 to Ireland
    OK then. I guess $11.25 is not too bad.

Vinyl is sold out.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited September 2020
    ChrisdM said:
    Vinyl is sold out.
    I saw that. I guess I am glad I bought that one last week. This might spark another frenzy for them, and now I already have one in my collection. I’m looking forward to playing it. But am waiting until I get my new turntable. I am in the process of doing some research on that. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    Still up on merchbar. Go get it people.
    People seem to be getting an error message on merchbar too.
    It shows "In Stock", but will give you an error message when checking out.
    I read that merchbar pulls from the same inventory as 10C.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,602
    Wow. Thought this sucker would have been available for a while.
    Loujoe said:
    Wow. Thought this sucker would have been available for a while.
    Same here.
    We'll see if it comes back again sometime. Why stop pressing them now? :)
  • loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    Was busy at work when this popped  up, came back and looks like I’ve missed it again. 
    It'll be on streaming 
    I miss igotid88
    I wonder how many were available? 500, 1000, 1500?
    I miss igotid88
    edited September 2020
    ChrisdM said:
    I wonder what merchbar is? Is it affiliated with the bands and artists for the general public? I mean they have stuff that's on artists sites.
    I miss igotid88
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Doesnt ship to The Netherlands, damn
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    ChrisdM said:
    I wonder what merchbar is? Is it affiliated with the bands and artists for the general public? I mean they have stuff that's on artists sites.
    This is somewhat informative on how they work:
    https://help.merchbar.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022878473-Technically-speaking-how-does-Merchbar-work-
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Is the CD going to retail or can I only buy it from 10?  Would like to shop local if I can (and save on shipping) but I'll buy it from 10c if there is no other option.
    Merchbar finally updated their page to show "Out of Stock" on their vinyl.
    Oh, well.
    Zod said:
    Is the CD going to retail or can I only buy it from 10?  Would like to shop local if I can (and save on shipping) but I'll buy it from 10c if there is no other option.
    CD and digital are up on Amazon 
    https://amzn.to/32jXFY6
    I miss igotid88
  • VsVs Posts: 76
    LP in EU store please