The coming 2nd American Civil War

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    If you get cirrhosis, you can spend every day like that :lol:

(Sometimes it’s laugh or cry; this morning, no fucking tears.)
  • dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    "They got the guns, but we got the numbers."
    That song was about smoking the reefer...
    Five to One?  I'm fairly certain that was about Vietnam and the protests at home.  One in five was the casualty rate during the war at some point, or that was the thought.  I believe..  
    At the time 1 in 5 Americans were believed smoking the marijuana.

It was also the Vietnam casualty rate.

No one knows though.
    It's about 2020. Jim Morrison was a prophet. 

I thought everyone in Gen X learned this around their freshman or sophomore year of high school (around the same time we all learned that Jesus builds hotrods).

Sheesh, people.

So true... I friggin/ loved the Doors back in the day... couldn't care less about them now though.

IIRC, Morrison was never a weed guy. Loved his hallucinogens & booze, (& uppers too?) but I think I remember reading that he wasn't into weed. Not that  it means he wouldn't sing about it... IDK.

• What group is currently rioting in Major American cities? Hmmmmm Democrats correct?

But it’s the right wingers that want a war?

The Left is delusional
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    DM656970 said:
    What group is currently rioting in Major American cities? Hmmmmm Democrats correct?

The Left is delusional
    What group is currently rioting in Major American cities? Hmmmmm Democrats correct?
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

(Ding Ding Ding)  Correct!

Gun to the Head Right Wing Militias Threaten the Rule  by Unified Vision   Medium

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Look in the mirror to see the true (reversed) image.

Sorry, only one out of three.  Try again.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    Simplistic take. The protests, 93% of which have been peaceful throughout the country, have mostly been done by people aligned most closely with Dems. The riots? You'll have to ask the anarchists and agitators who are stirring up the shit. They don't seem to have any real political allegiance and are there to cause trouble. Sometimes they are from the left, sometimes from the right, sometimes seem to be opposed to all political systems. But I know nuance isn't a strong suit for Trump supporters.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • DM656970DM656970 Posts: 17
    edited September 2020
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

Gun to the Head Right Wing Militias Threaten the Rule  by Unified Vision   Medium

The Left is delusional

So these are right wing black lives matter riots in Portland? Seattle set up a republican autonomous zone? Etc etc?

Joe Biden has yet to denounce Antifa

Of course Joe doesn’t know where he’s at and he has barely left his basement in months
    Post edited by DM656970 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

So these are right wing black lives matter riots in Portland? Seattle set up a republican autonomous zone? Etc etc?

Of course Joe doesn’t know where he’s at and he has barely left his basement in months
    Antifa is "anti-facist"....why denounce that?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

Your generalization of Democrats rioting is so far off base it's laughable.  I'll leave you to your distorted thinking and not further waste my time trying convince you otherwise.

Adios amigo!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

ok ben shapiro.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

Lol
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

ok ben shapiro.

LOL. 
    You'd think Ben would have better things to do with his money than come here and try convince what is obviously a majority of Democrat/ left leaning people that they are all misguided.  I ask myself questions like: How much does he gets paid to do that?  Are the dividends good?
    :lol:

brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

ok ben shapiro.

LOL. 
    You'd think Ben would have better things to do with his money than come here and try convince what is obviously a majority of Democrat/ left leaning people that they are all misguided.  I ask myself questions like: How much does he gets paid to do that?  Are the dividends good?
    i liked it when he read the lyrics to WAP and tried to denigrate cardi, haha.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

ok ben shapiro.

LOL. 
    that was uncomfortable to watch. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

ok ben shapiro.

LOL. 
    Did you catch him on Twitter say that his “doctor wife” said that WAPs are only caused by serious medical conditions, and he would know because he had two kids with her and tested the paternity for both.   
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

ok ben shapiro.

LOL. 
    uncomfortably hilarious.

static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:
    brianlux said:
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    (Buzzer sound)  Wrong. 

The Left is delusional

ok ben shapiro.

LOL. 
    Did you catch him on Twitter say that his “doctor wife” said that WAPs are only caused by serious medical conditions, and he would know because he had two kids with her and tested the paternity for both.   
    i did. and the roasting he took afterwards was hilarious. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    It's already been shown that in Minneapolis, the very first property destruction that kicked the whole thing off (not that it would not have happened) was done by a white supremacist.  It's not that hard to imagine that plenty of those people are out doing crap like this in other places. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    It's already been shown that in Minneapolis, the very first property destruction that kicked the whole thing off (not that it would not have happened) was done by a white supremacist.  It's not that hard to imagine that plenty of those people are out doing crap like this in other places. 
    yep. he started breaking shit at that autozone.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    DM656970 said:

The Left is delusional
    You think rioters vote? Silly. 
  • OnWis97 said:
    Umbrella man? You don’t say? And, wait for it, I don’t think he’s been arrested or charged. Why is that? Despite being positively identified by law enforcement. Maybe all the “law & order” folks in here can explain it away?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    It starts?

Man shot dead in Denver during rival left and rightwing protests

brianlux said:
    It starts?

No.... there's no civil war coming.  90% of the country are not ready to sacrifice their lives for the tax code or the SCOTUS. Crazy. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    It starts?

No.... there's no civil war coming.  90% of the country are not ready to sacrifice their lives for the tax code or the SCOTUS. Crazy. 
    I agree with caution! I believe people will die in the streets in bigger numbers that what most are expecting..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    It starts?

I agree with caution! I believe people will die in the streets in bigger numbers that what most are expecting..
    Maybe true.  But the 90% will stay home and watch with disgust at violence. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    It starts?

Maybe true.  But the 90% will stay home and watch with disgust at violence. 
    Yes me & my family fall into that % just go to work come home repeat repeat!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    It starts?

I think that's a fair assumption, M.  But I do wonder about the other 10%.  Are some town centers and some big city downtown areas going to be unpleasant (at best) places to visit, live, or work in?  Look out our little city of Placerville, CA, population, 10,389 (plus more population in surrounding areas). A week ago, a group of Proud Boy types in pick up truck circled Main Street, yelling, blaring their horns, waving Trump flags and causing some folks to scurry into open shops to avoid the frightening situation.  I don't mean to be alarmist, but I am feeling very wary about the situation. 

brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    It starts?

I think that's a fair assumption, M.  But I do wonder about the other 10%.  Are some town centers and some big city downtown areas going to be unpleasant (at best) places to visit, live, or work in?  Look out our little city of Placerville, CA, population, 10,389 (plus more population in surrounding areas). A week ago, a group of Proud Boy types in pick up truck circled Main Street, yelling, blaring their horns, waving Trump flags and causing some folks to scurry into open shops to avoid the frightening situation.  I don't mean to be alarmist, but I am feeling very wary about the situation. 
    Yeah I think that will happen.  And these idiots are only losing votes for Trump, not winning them.  I think it will be messy for those that want to be in that action, but not war.
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    It starts?

Yeah I think that will happen.  And these idiots are only losing votes for Trump, not winning them.  I think it will be messy for those that want to be in that action, but not war.

That's the silver lining:  Keep losing votes for Trump!  Fine with me!

yeah, there isn't a big enough cause on the trump side for enough people to rise up and actually risk their own safety and lives for that. they'll go back to their trailers and bitch with like-minded individuals over cases of colt cult 45. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

yeah, there isn't a big enough cause on the trump side for enough people to rise up and actually risk their own safety and lives for that. they'll go back to their trailers and bitch with like-minded individuals over cases of colt cult 45. 

"cult 45", LOL. 
    The best outcome would be for Biden to win, for Dems to step up to the place and do some of the things they say they are going to do, and maybe, just maybe, some of these Trumpers will see that life is actually getting better without their oafish super hero screwing things up any more.  I hope that happens!   And then we could do away with this senseless talk about Civil War and nonsense.