The coming 2nd American Civil War

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    People aiming with their keyboards, they shooting uppercase.
    :clap: thread winner
    Where can I sign up for this civil war? I have a lot of uppercase at my disposal.
    You’ll probably get thrown in a cage if you try to come here. It’s our leitmotif. :murica:
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Is this an on going war??
    It's mostly an armchair war.  Typical battle grounds include Facebook, Twitter, and a host of on-line forums.
    So with this war it just amounts to hurt feelings....
    When I refer to the so called "Civil War" I'm referring to a war of words.  I suppose some of it is about hurt feelings.   People want to be on a team, even a losing team. That's why most Americans are either Republican or Democrat which mostly is perceived as conservative/liberal.  Independents, Greens, etc are not seen as a valid team.  So most join one of the two recognized teams.   If your team is losing, that's when the hurt feelings come in.

And really, most people Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, don't give two shits about some Alex Jones fantasy war.  Sure, there are extremest who will skirmish, but the average person has other things to do.  How many people do any of us know that we really think are going to take up arms and fight their neighbor or whatever?  Very few.  It's all a big crock of shit.  
    Anyone of us Americans, that think they're going to need to take up arms against their neighbor, is either crazy, or stupid.  At least, I'd like to think so.  It's insanity.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Gtilley8 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    It's mostly an armchair war.  Typical battle grounds include Facebook, Twitter, and a host of on-line forums.
    When I refer to the so called "Civil War" I'm referring to a war of words.  I suppose some of it is about hurt feelings.   People want to be on a team, even a losing team. That's why most Americans are either Republican or Democrat which mostly is perceived as conservative/liberal.  Independents, Greens, etc are not seen as a valid team.  So most join one of the two recognized teams.   If your team is losing, that's when the hurt feelings come in.

And really, most people Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, don't give two shits about some Alex Jones fantasy war.  Sure, there are extremest who will skirmish, but the average person has other things to do.  How many people do any of us know that we really think are going to take up arms and fight their neighbor or whatever?  Very few.  It's all a big crock of shit.  
    Anyone of us Americans, that think they're going to need to take up arms against their neighbor, is either crazy, or stupid.  At least, I'd like to think so.  It's insanity.  
    Nothing surprises me in this world anymore.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

Gtilley8 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree, Gtilley.

However, in the event that craziness should somehow break out, I'm prepared!

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Now that s a cool outfit Brian 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Now that s a cool outfit Brian 
    Yeah, it really is...  until you need to poop.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    brianlux said:
    Now that s a cool outfit Brian h
    reminds me of A Christmas Story....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Full-body armor, pooping and Dickens.  OK, there  has to be a connection there.  I'll get back to you on that.  In a month or so. :lol:

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    I wore the pink bunny costume to Santacon a few years ago.  It was a big hit.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Will Ken Burns be doing a documentary about the 2nd civil war?
    :rofl:

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    It'll be a "short."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    It'll be a "short."
    You can Google some giffs that say something about how "short" the 2nd Civil War will be.  Most of them have side-by-side pictures, one of some dumpy looking lady with  liberal signage, the other with a bunch of lunk headed red necks with massive guns and greased faces.  What the fuck is wrong with these people, trying to make it look like the average person is on one side or the other like everyone  is that idiotic?  The average person is just not like that.  What a bunch of shit.  People making this shit up probably spend most of their hours on the couch eating cheeze doodles and watching idiotic TV shows.  Pathetic.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Full-body armor, pooping and Dickens.  OK, there  has to be a connection there.  I'll get back to you on that.  In a month or so. :lol:

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

LOL! 

Cold actually looks good right about now!  It's been roasty toasty and humid in these parts this week!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

I hope so! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Come on Brian, you need to bone up on your A Christmas Story references! (not A Christmas Carol, hahaha). ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Come on Brian, you need to bone up on your A Christmas Story references! (not A Christmas Carol, hahaha). ;)
    You're gonna shoot your eye out
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It'll be a "short."
    You can Google some giffs that say something about how "short" the 2nd Civil War will be.  Most of them have side-by-side pictures, one of some dumpy looking lady with  liberal signage, the other with a bunch of lunk headed red necks with massive guns and greased faces.  What the fuck is wrong with these people, trying to make it look like the average person is on one side or the other like everyone  is that idiotic?  The average person is just not like that.  What a bunch of shit.  People making this shit up probably spend most of their hours on the couch eating cheeze doodles and watching idiotic TV shows.  Pathetic.

How do you know what a cheeze doodle is?  That's an east coast thing!
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It'll be a "short."

How do you know what a cheeze doodle is?  That's an east coast thing!
    You'd think it was because I lived in western NY for a couple years (Chautauqua County) but that was in the mid to late 70's and I don't remember seeing them then.  No, the only reason I know cheeze doodles is because I read James Howard Kunstler's Clusterfuck blog and he loves to throw that term out there from time to time.  Funny man that James Howard!

Reading some of the latest "news" about "hactivists" and "Qanon", I get the distinct feeling Civil War II will be mainly about some rednecks shooting up shit with their guns out in the creosote bush flats, a few radicals of unknown origin beating the shit out of each other in downtown Portland  and a whole bunch of idiots furiously packing away at their keyboards with desperate cries of "we gonna wreck you!" 

No thanks, I'll pass on this shit show.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    ---
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2018
    What side will Musk be on?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Reviving an old thread since some people seem to be itching to start a Second Civil War in America.   I'd have to say the far right has more of the itch and very like more of the guns, but some on the far left are scratching as well.

ONE WAY THIS COULD HAPPEN:

White Supremacists Are Invading American Cities To Incite a Civil War

THE BETTER WAY: 
    I've posted this before but I think it bears repeating.

"How do you turn anger into sacred rage.  For me, I saw a community of people who understood what that meant.  In 1988, the year my mother had passed [from breast cancer due to atomic test bomb radiation], I went down to the Nevada Test Sight after reading Henry David Thoreau's  Civil Disobedience, after reading Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and that mattered to me- to physically cross the line and say now and say yes.  And with a group of women from Utah, with a group of Chivuit people and Shoshone People, Jesuits, and members from [?] , a community of resistors.  We crossed that line at the Nevada Test Site.

I'll never forget- the officer cinched my wrists.  I was handcuffed.  She frisked my body, moved her hands down my legs, reached my ankle and felt a bulge, lifted up my pant leg, and inside my boot, and retrieved a pen and a pad of paper.  [Terry repeats that last few sentences].  She retrieved a pad and paper, looked at me and said, "And these?".  And I remember our eyes meeting and I said, "Weapons".  

Our eyes met again, she put them back in my boot, put my pant leg over them, and we continued. 

There are many different kinds of monkey wrenches.  A pencil, a pen, is one of those. 

I think about Camus, when he talks about how at some point we have to begin to understand that words are more powerful than munitions."

The first US Civil war had a pretty specific boundary line. This one is going to be bonkers. The militias that used to hang out in Montana, shoot clay pigeons and bitch about the government are now taking to the streets. And they have the cops on their side. The last one ended when one geographic area defeated another. This one will end when one ideology defeats another. That, as much as the GOP, is going to contribute to our future in fascism.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    there isn't going to be a civil war, not in the traditional sense. there will be civil unrest, absolutely. there already is. will it calm down if biden wins? i suspect it will, as long as he actually implements or attempts to in the first 100 days. he'd better have a specific plan ready to roll jan 20. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited September 2020
    accidental post!
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If you do have a civil war I will be pulling for the 1st nations to win back their country...and they some issues that need settling...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    there isn't going to be a civil war, not in the traditional sense. there will be civil unrest, absolutely. there already is. will it calm down if biden wins? i suspect it will, as long as he actually implements or attempts to in the first 100 days. he'd better have a specific plan ready to roll jan 20. 
    Hmmm. I wasn't thinking in terms of "official" vs. "unofficial."  It might be less official than the first Civil War.

If Trump wins: The GQP, the cops, and the militias will feel empowered and the takeover should pick up some serious steam by Thanksgiving.

If Biden wins: N/A.
    OK fine...If Biden wins, I think some of the GQP might try to become the McCain/Romney GOP again, which would help. But Trump will be going ballistic.  The anger that he'll stoke in his followers, particularly cops and the militias is going to lead to violence on the streets that we associate with the Middle East.  After the inaguration?  The the "official" Republican call to arms diminishes. But the anger will be intensified.  They'll be convince it was stolen. I think things over the next several months are worse if Biden wins, but better for the long game.
    OnWis97 said:
    The first US Civil war had a pretty specific boundary line. This one is going to be bonkers. The militias that used to hang out in Montana, shoot clay pigeons and bitch about the government are now taking to the streets. And they have the cops on their side. The last one ended when one geographic area defeated another. This one will end when one ideology defeats another. That, as much as the GOP, is going to contribute to our future in fascism.
    Yes, in some places it seems the cops are supporting the militia/white supremacist/far right.  IN this case, the law stopped a dangerous man:

Man with ties to 'boogaloo' movement charged with threatening health officer over pandemic

I hope Biden wins and I hope the civil unrest dies die.  Hard to say though.  I am very concerned that no matter who wins, there will be at least some violence in the streets.  Sure hope I'm wrong.
    If you do have a civil war I will be pulling for the 1st nations to win back their country...and they some issues that need settling...
    I agree but of course that won't happen.  Our indigenous people were greatly reduced (to the point of complete genocide for some tribes) and rendered powerless.  The last time native people in the U.S. tried to fight back was during the 60's and early 70's with Alcatraz, the Bureau of Indian Affairs takeover, and the '73 Wounded Knee incident and all of those ended in defeat.  Even the more recent attempts to keep pipelines, drilling, etc. off reservations have proved mostly futile.  Reparations have never really been made and may never will.  That is one of our greatest shames.