2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I find the outrage over millburry’s comments a little over the top. what, we can’t speak truth these days?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    He's been a dickhead for years.  Why they even employed a grouchy old pricks like that for such a role.....no idea.
    Good riddance.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wobbie said:
    I find the outrage over millburry’s comments a little over the top. what, we can’t speak truth these days?
    Defending your grandson?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fuck Mike Millbury!

He’s gotten away with being a garbage person his entire life. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Milbury is an absolute garbage person. His takes are awful, he's a dick and lets not forget that he holds the record for being the only player in NHL history to beat a fan with their own shoe
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1606598602753953&extid=5vh0UACZB5WM3lPU
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I think Milbury actually made an OK point.  He wasnt talking about no-good broads who are players wives wearing an apron, fixing supper, and nagging them.  
    The truth is, these players are in their 20s, prime of their lives, and they are top physical specimens with a ton of money.  These guys play hockey and get laid.  Sorry.  But its true. Take females out of the equation, they aren't going out, and they are remaining focused on hockey.

With that said, Milbury is awful and needed to be turfed years ago.  He has such bad takes and shows such bias.  Its not even in an "entertaining" manner where me or anyone else wants to see what he says next.  I literally dont care what he says and he sounds like a slug on the air, and most of the time appears miserable.  
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I am so glad the NHL cancelled their games tonight.  Cancelling games being played in Canada, where the majority of players are Canadian or European will definitely be the turning point in ending systemic  racism...in America.  Well done.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjhawks said:
    I am so glad the NHL cancelled their games tonight.  Cancelling games being played in Canada, where the majority of players are Canadian or European will definitely be the turning point in ending systemic  racism...in America.  Well done.
    it's a mostly american organization. canadians (and people all over the planet) have been standing in solidarity with BLM and other causes since almost the start. why wouldn't this be a good thing?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

pjhawks said:
    it's a mostly american organization. canadians (and people all over the planet) have been standing in solidarity with BLM and other causes since almost the start. why wouldn't this be a good thing?
    For one they are only doing it because they are being shamed into it.   This is not the NBA where the players are directly influenced by it.  But hey as I said above maybe this is the turning point. NHL not playing for one night is gonna change the world.

pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    For one they are only doing it because they are being shamed into it.   This is not the NBA where the players are directly influenced by it.  But hey as I said above maybe this is the turning point. NHL not playing for one night is gonna change the world.

a wave starts with but a trickle....
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2020
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

a wave starts with but a trickle....
    Change doesn't come from gestures. Changes comes with education, experiences, attitude adjustments, policies and laws. 

You know I'm going to work tomorrow...that doesn't mean I don't support BLM and the hope to end systemic racism.  It just means twitter trolls won't shame me for it like they would the NHL tonight.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Who is they?  Are you saying the players are being shamed into it, or the league was shamed into it by the players?  If you mean the latter, I agree. 
    It's silly.  It's by far the least diverse major team sport across the board, and I doubt anyone involved cares other than the revenue stream that could be gained.

Shut down for 2 days (seems to be more of an nhl decision as opposed to any sort of "protest").  Come back like nothing happened.  Throw some silly slogan on the scoreboard and the white players will make some hollow gesture so the mostly white fans can feel good about the nhl for 10 seconds.

the point is, just because you don't think anything will change, doesn't mean it shouldn't be attempted.  you never know what a watershed moment is going to be until you see the ramifications of the action. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2020
    you want to know what this does, @pjhawks ? this is what it does. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My kids asked why hockey is paused. So we had convos re systemic racism, Jacob Blake &amp; revisited the George Floyd tragedy. They kept the questions coming &amp; spent the evening watching sports news programs, learning why athletes are acting. Give the pros credit. This is working.</p>&mdash; Sean Reynolds (@snseanreynolds) <a href="">August 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    Makes me think of when Ed was talking in Hampton, VA, before the cancelled 2016 Raleigh show.  He said, "There's nothing like the immense power of boycotting", and talked about how hard it was to cross the picket line.  Maybe this isn't the same situation, but for the players of my favorite sport to not play a game in hopes of making necessary changes to society bothers me none at all.  It does the opposite.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    edited August 2020
    It just seems contrived by the NHL.  Im not one to freak out at all over protests.  I support the freedom to kneel, and think what happened in the NBA was real, powerful, and real protesting/reaction.  2 teams including the most iconic athlete in this century were ready to just walk away, and a team located in the state of the shooting was ready to forfeit a game, took the lead, and other teams followed.  The NHL just bumping their schedule back by 2 days is the ultimate "I have a black friend" move.  

And I dont care that they are not playing either.  I havent watched 1 playoff game, just cant get into it in August.
    Makes me think of when Ed was talking in Hampton, VA, before the cancelled 2016 Raleigh show.  He said, "There's nothing like the immense power of boycotting", and talked about how hard it was to cross the picket line.  Maybe this isn't the same situation, but for the players of my favorite sport to not play a game in hopes of making necessary changes to society bothers me none at all.  It does the opposite.  
    That's right,  for the fraternity of pro athletes this is like crossing a picket line.  I think that's a good analogy. 
    i personally think it's irrelevant if it's contrived. if it starts a conversation, then it's worth it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

MayDay10 said:
    It just seems contrived by the NHL.  Im not one to freak out at all over protests.  I support the freedom to kneel, and think what happened in the NBA was real, powerful, and real protesting/reaction.  2 teams including the most iconic athlete in this century were ready to just walk away, and a team located in the state of the shooting was ready to forfeit a game, took the lead, and other teams followed.  The NHL just bumping their schedule back by 2 days is the ultimate "I have a black friend" move.  

And I dont care that they are not playing either.  I havent watched 1 playoff game, just cant get into it in August.
    This is how I feel you just said it much better.  Thanks
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    MayDay10 said:

Agree.  Barely watching myself.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    MayDay10 said:

I've watched it all.  I especially enjoyed the Lightning thrashing of Boston goalies.  It's weird that it's August but when you flip over to the NBA playoffs,  it feels more natural. 
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I've watched it all.  I especially enjoyed the Lightning thrashing of Boston goalies.  It's weird that it's August but when you flip over to the NBA playoffs,  it feels more natural. 
    Yeah the hockey has been really good, very intense face paced and a lot of great battles. Awesome to see the players be able to pickup and get into that playoff mode. 
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I did watch Montreal vs Flyers and I am watching Tampa v Boston and want Tampa to win.  I think Tampa v the Canucks would be a great final...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I did watch Montreal vs Flyers and I am watching Tampa v Boston and want Tampa to win.  I think Tampa v the Canucks would be a great final...
    That's the final I want as well.  I always root for Canada except against the lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

That's the final I want as well.  I always root for Canada except against the lightning
    LOL.  It is getting ridiculous with the Canadian teams.  However, I think Montreal has a bright future...the young guys are getter better and better...especially Nick Suzuki.  

I think Tampa beats the Canucks...if they play each other.  Vegas will be a tough out.  Looks like Tampa has figured Halak out...he's a backup for reason.  Tampa is overdue.  So is Vancouver, I guess.

Its not the same without fans.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    MayDay10 said:
    I think Milbury actually made an OK point.  He wasnt talking about no-good broads who are players wives wearing an apron, fixing supper, and nagging them.  
    The truth is, these players are in their 20s, prime of their lives, and they are top physical specimens with a ton of money.  These guys play hockey and get laid.  Sorry.  But its true. Take females out of the equation, they aren't going out, and they are remaining focused on hockey.

With that said, Milbury is awful and needed to be turfed years ago.  He has such bad takes and shows such bias.  Its not even in an "entertaining" manner where me or anyone else wants to see what he says next.  I literally dont care what he says and he sounds like a slug on the air, and most of the time appears miserable.  

Glad you agree and I never knew the backstory on the guy. I only pay attention to playoff hockey.

on a related note, being a former 30 year resident of vegas, I root for VGK. apparently, some opposing teams are now staying in st. george, utah the night before games. there is absolutely nothing to do there (other than golf) but their guys don’t end up suffering from “the vegas flu” at gametime. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16