U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Ummmmm, holy shit you guys. Hat trick!!!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    A 21 year old American with a hat track in the Premier League.  Crazy!!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Dempsey made me a Fulham fan, but don't think I can root for Chelsea.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    FS1 replaying Women's World Cup '19: US vs Netherlands.

Nice distraction.
    Crazy that it has been almost 10 years since the Donovan goal against Algeria.  Took the day off of work and went to a big soccer bar to watch it....absolute insanity when that went in.  Great oral history from The Athletic.  

https://theathletic.com/1784304/2020/04/30/landon-donovan-algeria-goal-oral-history
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    How is pulisic not starting?
    Welp.  Game changed big time as soon as he came in.  He is awesome.
    Yeah, man.  

You guys know anything about Gio Reyna?  I never heard of him until a couple weeks ago.  Obviously Caludio's kid, but had no idea he existed or is legit.  They need to get him on the national team now as it seems like other countries are recruiting him.  I don't understand how this team can be bad in the next ten years, but I guess we'll see and I am sure they'll find a way to mess it up.

Side note, huge fan of Claudio. Center Mid represent!  Have his autograph on one of thise 1994 denim/star looking guys
    Yeah, man.  

You guys know anything about Gio Reyna?  I never heard of him until a couple weeks ago.  Obviously Caludio's kid, but had no idea he existed or is legit.  They need to get him on the national team now as it seems like other countries are recruiting him.  I don't understand how this team can be bad in the next ten years, but I guess we'll see and I am sure they'll find a way to mess it up.

Side note, huge fan of Claudio. Center Mid represent!  Have his autograph on one of thise 1994 denim/star looking guys
    Another 17 year old American breaking in with Dortmund like Pulisic did.  It's awesome to see so many young Americans playing in top European leagues and not the trash MLS.  Pulisic, Reyna, McKennie, Adams, Sargent, Brooks, Dest, Yedlin, Morales, Steffen, Richards all playing in top leagues.  Future is looking pretty damn good even with that clown act of a coach.

This article is a little dated but nice breakdown of all the USMNT players in Europe...

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/01/19/americans-abroad-usmnt-europe-pulisic-reyna-vassilev-adams/
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Yeah, man.  

Another 17 year old American breaking in with Dortmund like Pulisic did.  It's awesome to see so many young Americans playing in top European leagues and not the trash MLS.  Pulisic, Reyna, McKennie, Adams, Sargent, Brooks, Dest, Yedlin, Morales, Steffen, Richards all playing in top leagues.  Future is looking pretty damn good even with that clown act of a coach.

This article is a little dated but nice breakdown of all the USMNT players in Europe...

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/01/19/americans-abroad-usmnt-europe-pulisic-reyna-vassilev-adams/
    I was just coming on here to ask about him as he is making a stir in the Bundesliga right now.
    Yeah, man.  

That’s what I’m saying. How can they not be good. Thanks for that.

the pulisic goal today!!! Oh my 
    So this Pulisic guy seems to be settling into the Premier League pretty well huh?  
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    So this Pulisic guy seems to be settling into the Premier League pretty well huh?  

Gotta say, this MLS tournament is the shit 
    Let’s go FC....lol
    Holy Shit! He took over the game
    Gotta say, this MLS tournament is the shit 
    I've tried a few times to get into MLS but I just can't do it.  It's such a garbage league....the way the league is set up with designated players/targeted allocation money, etc. is laughable.  And they just keep adding more and more teams to keep watering it down.  
    For a trophy and the kid scores 5 minutes in. Amazing 
    Tyler Adams with a game winning goal in the 88th minute of champions league quarterfinal.  Incredible.  Can't wait for the USMNT to play again and see all these young kids play together.  
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Tyler Adams with a game winning goal in the 88th minute of champions league quarterfinal.  Incredible.  Can't wait for the USMNT to play again and see all these young kids play together.  

Can't wait for Greggg's dumb system to play Adams at RB
    Jumb0 said:

Can't wait for Greggg's dumb system to play Adams at RB
    LOL.  I think that idiot finally admitted that he wouldn't be playing him at RB anymore.  
    Not US soccer but sounds like Messi is officially leaving Barcelona this summer? That’s brutal. 

He’s gotta go to England right?
    He should go to Juventus just so we could finally see Ronaldo and Messi on the same team.
    Speaking of Juventus, looks like McKinnie is headed there?  Nothing wrong with that.
    Speaking of Juventus, looks like McKinnie is headed there?  Nothing wrong with that.

Didn’t expect him to end up there. Just hope he can get regular playing time....wouldn’t do him any good to go to a big time club like that and just ride the bench.   Still crazy to see so many young Americans playing with these big time clubs. 

We'll see if he's able to get consistent PT. It's great he's at a huge club, but might have been better to go somewhere a little smaller where he would be playing a lot.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Didn’t expect him to end up there. Just hope he can get regular playing time....wouldn’t do him any good to go to a big time club like that and just ride the bench.   Still crazy to see so many young Americans playing with these big time clubs. 
    They could loan him out to a smaller club in the top flight for the first season and see how he fares. I think that's happened to a few Americans in the Premier League.
    eddiec said:

They could loan him out to a smaller club in the top flight for the first season and see how he fares. I think that's happened to a few Americans in the Premier League.

All the reports are saying that Juventus would be taking him in on loan with an option to buy him at the end. It would be strange for them to take a player on loan only to loan him out to a 3rd team.