Please help save the USPS!

Comments

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    And I know I made some spelling and grammatical errors above but I get fired up and type to fast. 

Please get the word out to each and everyone you can. Save the USPS!!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Great post, pearljammr78. Thanks for doing what you do and thanks for caring. Big show of support at post offices around my area this past weekend. I hope there were some demonstrations of support where you are so you could see it and feel it. You've got a lot of the country pulling for you.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    And I know I made some spelling and grammatical errors above but I get fired up and type to fast. 

Please get the word out to each and everyone you can. Save the USPS!!!
    Thank you for your post and your service 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I didn’t want to post on the forum anymore. I can’t trust myself and my moods but this is a topic very near and dear to my heart. 
    First of all, my wife and I both work for the USPS. We both take tremendous pride in our service. Yes it’s a job, but it’s a service to each and every American citizen regardless of social, economic, race, sexuality, or any other factor that makes us individuals. 
    Let me first tell you, everything Post Master General DeJoy has done was in full awareness to create chaos, and to slow down and disrupt mail delivery in regards to the election and the goal to bankrupt and privatize an American institution. The damage he has done will last far beyond the election. Every directive has in fact cost more money and his orders were given without any guidelines so no body knew or knows what to do. 
    I tell people, it would be the same as taking over Lowe’s and telling everyone, now we are selling TVs and electronic equipment. That’s it. No when, how or anything. So nobody knew what to do. Then he comes back and says never mind forget about selling TVs and other things. Once again no guidance, and after all the stores adjusted to start selling TVs. We are in a daily chaos caused by his blatant attempt to appease his orange bff. Might be the greatest way to explain, but just imagine working your job for years and someone reverses EVERYTHING with zero guidance. We are now delaying mail daily. 
    I see outgoing mail, Priority, Express and other time sensitive mail sitting. Prescriptions for veterans and others sitting for days before delivery. 
    I am in a constant battle with management because I took an oath, and those in power are destroying something I care deeply about. It has devastated me. I am physically sick daily because a free republic depends on a safe and efficient delivery system. 
    To watch the president bash us constantly and question our integrity is sickening. The election rolls are not a postal responsibility, but they have twisted the narrative to make it seem like we are in bed with criminals and trying to take down Trump. 
    99% of postal workers are honest, public servants. To be bashed by the president and his cult followers is a major slap in the face. I hate Trump and his supporters with every follicle on my body but I give the same great service to the people on my route that I give to those who hate him like I do. I have a service to provide to everybody regardless of political affiliation. 
    And this constant bullshit in the media and by those about the post office losing money. Is the park service losing money? Is the forest service losing money? No because they are services for American people. So is the USPS. It’s in our name. Yet we generate more revenue than either of those agencies combined. 
    Don’t fool yourself. Trump and his associates see the value of privatizing. Once privatization goes onto effect they can pay their employees minimum wage and charge for every service that is now a free service. Hold mail, changing your address, shit even delivery to your residence. We are the ones who keep FedEx and UPS rates in check by charging lower rates. 
    Please think also of all the internet commerce that relays on cheap shipping rates. Etsy and eBay and countless others use the USPS to ship their goods at a good fair rate and That keeps costs low for them and the buyer. 
    First class mail has dropped. Yes. But what we provide on a day to day basis and continued to provide through Covid and all other disasters. Not to mention weather, dogs, gun battles and every other day to day occurance that has happened to me in my 12 year career. We were and are front line essential workers way before Covid. 
    Please stand strong and make your voice heard to your representatives. Save the USPS. Not the Trump/DeJoy abortion but the one that keeps us all connected and together as Americans. Keeps veterans like myself in a good paying job that brings pride and a continued service to my fellow Americans. 
    Say no to a bail out and yes to a permanent solution so the USPS can quit being used as a political tug of war every election season. 
    Thank you and I hope to continue to serve you as a honorable and dedicated public servant for the remainder of my career. 

Fantastic post, pearljammer. 

BIG thanks to both you and your wife for your work with the USPS.  The service provided by the USPS is very valuable to me and I'm hugely grateful for it- and not just recently- I've always felt that way.
    I'm sorry that this has been such a touch time for you folks.  It's just not fair.  I sincerely hope you seen better change in the coming year- or sooner if that's possible!

Thanks again, very much,

Brian
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited August 2020
    Thank you to everyone for your support and very sweet words. I can only hope that everything comes out on the correct side after the dust settles but the last 3.5 years of wrong has me very worried. I hope to post some good news soon and will keep everyone informed of the goings on from the inside. I may lose my job for speaking out but I would rather go down fighting the good fight then follow the sheep off the cliff. Stay strong and healthy. Good needs to prevail in the many situations we are facing home and abroad. Equality and fairness needs to become the normal. Here’s to hope. Here’s to love. ✌🏽🤘🏽✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽

Edited for grammar and spelling and I’m sure there is a lot more errors. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    Thank you to everyone for your support and very sweet words. I can only hope that everything comes out on the correct side after the dust settles but the last 3.5 years of wrong has me very worried. I hope to post some good news soon and will keep everyone informed of the goings on from the inside. I may lose my job for speaking out but I would rather go down fighting the good fight then follow the sheep off the cliff. Stay strong and healthy. Good needs to prevail in the many situations we are facing home and abroad. Equality and fairness needs to become the normal. Here’s to hope. Here’s to love. ✌🏽🤘🏽✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽

Edited for grammar and spelling and I’m sure there is a lot more errors. 
    has there been a rational reason given for sorting machine removal?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited August 2020
    No. If you watch the line of questioning he always mentions truck schedules. Truck schedules. When asked by the senate about providing the data used to implement these changes he said he would have to ask, a may be able to get the truck schedules. First of all, ask who. Your the top guy right? And What do truck schedules have to do with machine removal, collection box removal, completely reversing decades old ways of operations with zero guidance and structure. 

In all honesty the problems with the postal service have been going on for years and years and are constantly being dangled to benefit either parties interests. But we have a personish in office who will nuke a hurricane to win re-election and enough people brainwashed to make it happen. The Democrats now and then are just as much to blame as the republicans from now and then. Trump is just the vulture going after the carcass. 
    We have old everything and barely any of that. There are some machines that just don’t preform anymore and break more than they work. But what he has done is a blatant attempt to disrupt a form of voting and people’s voice and to cause irreparable destruction to the fabric of our service.  Like I said earlier. Election roles are not a postal responsibility and if Trump was so worried about it what has he done in the last 3 years before Covid to fix them. 
    And remember, it’s a lot harder for a enemy foreign government to hack an election by mail than by machine. And who’s favor was the last interference in? 
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CESdtArjvE5/?igshid=z94kdofvc2eb

Hilarious, but sadly all of it’s true. Better to laugh than cry. Enjoy. 
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CESdtArjvE5/?igshid=z94kdofvc2eb

Hilarious, but sadly all of it’s true. Better to laugh than cry. Enjoy. 

LOL, so right on! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    I'm here in FL so my mail in vote will go forward. I think USPS is doing a great job. I mailed a birthday card for my sister on Saturday and it got to her in NJ on her birthday Tuesday. 

I was thinking for sure it would probably get to her today but USPS came through on time..

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited August 2020
    * sorry, I got paranoid! I still need my paycheck while I can earn it. If it’s too late, it is what it is. Just scary times right now. Don’t know how it’s going to play out. 
    No. If you watch the 9thline of questioning he always mentions truck schedules. Truck schedules. When asked by the senate about providing the data used to implement these changes he said he would have to ask, a may be able to get the truck schedules. First of all, ask who. Your the top guy right? And What do truck schedules have to do with machine removal, collection box removal, completely reversing decades old ways of operations with zero guidance and structure. 

In all honesty the problems with the postal service have been going on for years and years and are constantly being dangled to benefit either parties interests. But we have a personish in office who will nuke a hurricane to win re-election and enough people brainwashed to make it happen. The Democrats now and then are just as much to blame as the republicans from now and then. Trump is just the vulture going after the carcass. 
    We have old everything and barely any of that. There are some machines that just don’t preform anymore and break more than they work. But what he has done is a blatant attempt to disrupt a form of voting and people’s voice and to cause irreparable destruction to the fabric of our service.  Like I said earlier. Election roles are not a postal responsibility and if Trump was so worried about it what has he done in the last 3 years before Covid to fix them. 
    And remember, it’s a lot harder for a enemy foreign government to hack an election by mail than by machine. And who’s favor was the last interference in? 

I drive a truck for a living. Part of out business model is striving for on time delivery. Next day or 2 day delivery. Less Than Truckload. 98.xx% on time delivery I think is current.

I cant tell you how many times my load out was not ready by my cut time. But guess what, our customers get their shit when they expect it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I will let everyone know that just because that liar DeJoy is saying things to the senate and congress, his actions still persist. We still have outgoing mail sitting in our office from the day before every morning. We still delay parcels and mail if it’s not ready by a certain time. This is all mail that was supposed to go to the processing plant the night before to get in the mail stream. The plant is 3-4 miles away. This is being done everyday since Dejoys reign of terror has started. 

DeJoy has made work life miserable for folks like you, 78.  I'm sorry that is the case.  I will rejoice the day is is not longer on his reign of terror.  We need to get rid of that horrid boss of his this November!

edited August 2020
    Thank you.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^DeJoy was asked by Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) if he repaid executives for making donations to the Trump Campaign.

"That's an outrageous claim, sir. and I resent it....the answer is no." DeJoy responded angrily.
    cutz said:
    ^^DeJoy was asked by Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) if he repaid executives for making donations to the Trump Campaign.

"That's an outrageous claim, sir. and I resent it....the answer is no." DeJoy responded angrily.

DeJoyless need to go!

• https://apple.news/AS2xZHf_NQzGhlZm0Nk7qXQ
    Uhmm ok nothing unusual about this lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Well I did have movement on of those records im waiting for today...after 34 days the tracking finally updated again. 

maybe it’ll only be 22 days until the next update
  • https://apple.news/AS2xZHf_NQzGhlZm0Nk7qXQ
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    https://apple.news/AS2xZHf_NQzGhlZm0Nk7qXQ

Thankfully two thing:  It wasn't a USPS employee who did it and it was all bulk (i.e. "junk") mail.  But still, how odd!

• An artist I like, Matt Leunig, did a piece to drum up postage sales to help save the USPS.
    Please take a look.

Thanks

https://scrapedknee.com/
    An artist I like, Matt Leunig, did a piece to drum up postage sales to help save the USPS.
    Please take a look.

Thanks

thinking postcards sent to reps and senators is a good move......

An artist I like, Matt Leunig, did a piece to drum up postage sales to help save the USPS.
    Please take a look.

Thanks

Nicely done!

• mickeyrat said:
    Please take a look.

Thanks

thinking postcards sent to reps and senators is a good move......
    I like that idea!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Well I did have movement on one of those records im waiting for today...after 34 days the tracking finally updated again. 

maybe it’ll only be 22 days until the next update
    Slight update 7 days later...it’s now in TN somewhere.  I live nowhere near TN.   This LP is on such on a fascinating journey.   We’re on day 44 i think.   No one there seems to have a real answer for where it truly is or where its going next when they look it up.   

Good job, Bullock! 
    That DeJoy needs to go DeJump in a lake!