Official Metal Promo Yield Sign

CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
I was hoping to purchase a Metal Promo Yield Sign soon.  I understand this is highly bootlegged.  I was hoping someone can shed some light on the dimensions, hole count, hole placement and font.

Is each side about 24", 2 holes, one hole near bottom point and the other above the word yield and a stencil font?  Are there any variations?

This one looks legit to me: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/281387/fs-pearl-jam-yield-promo-sign/p1

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    edited August 2020
    If you look at the one that the Spanish guy had in your link, the one in a recent post from a garage find in Australia, and one of mine that I acquired from the UK, there are differences. All of the "overseas" signs have a similar but taller font and the same placement. The  other hand screened ones have a unique placement on each one and different screening imperfections. Both are identical in size.  

Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    There was a second official version of this also - I will try to find a picture of it, but i believe it involved a promo 12 inch sticker on the flipside and a different metal sign. It was for sale in the EIL store for years and I always kick myself for not picking it up

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    pdalowsky said:
    There was a second official version of this also - I will try to find a picture of it, but i believe it involved a promo 12 inch sticker on the flipside and a different metal sign. It was for sale in the EIL store for years and I always kick myself for not picking it up

Is this version a bit smaller and without holes?
    CopperTom said:
    pdalowsky said:

this one mate

https://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=489289
    Thanks!  The sticker covers the holes :)  

So what's the value of the stencil version?  Sticker version?  
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    I bought a stencil version for $100 on ebay recently 
    SHZA said:
    How much was shipping?
    As to value I havent a clue to be honest, i would say something around $75-150 would be a good deal.

The EIL one was always £150 when it was on the site and must have sold for that as it was never reduced
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    How much was shipping?
    $12. Looks like another sold in March for $300. I recall there being another one last summer that sold around $350.

Thanks for the info!  Given the size and weight, I thought shipping could have been much more expensive.
  • pdalowsky said:
    CopperTom said:
    pdalowsky said:

this one mate

I just opened up the one i have. This is the one Paul. It came with the sign that had pj sticker on reverse side, stencil, 2 additional stickers and instructions.

KE308481 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    CopperTom said:
    pdalowsky said:

this one mate

I just opened up the one i have. This is the one Paul. It came with the sign that had pj sticker on reverse side, stencil, 2 additional stickers and instructions.

KE308481 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    CopperTom said:
    pdalowsky said:

this one mate

LOVE IT
  • CopperTom said:
    Is it for sale?
    Sorry mate. Not for sale. Just posting to help with info on them.
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    That's the first i've seen someone else with one of those stickers. I've had it for YEARS. I think I paid $5. One of the local record shops in town has an authentic metal promo. I know this because I saw them hang it up on release night. I've tried to buy it for over 22 years now. Nothing old leaves that place. It's a shame. So much rock history just being overlooked.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Hey guys. Does this look legit? From the UK. 

• axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383
    looks like the one I have at home.
    RS65573 said:
    Hey guys. Does this look legit? From the UK. 

yep, there was another version too but this was the more common one available from the promotion of Yield
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    I have a foam one. Embossed. So friggin cool. From an aussie record store from the 90s. It's larger than the metal ones I think as I have seen one in person.