Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    wow it's been over 8 weeks since we were all speed dialing sirius XM to win apollo tickets.   i've been home in NYC staying safe.  I hope everyone is doing well.  :)
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Man, this was the last "normal" thing I was doing before the lockdown.

CALL, CALL, CALL 😅
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Go Animal said:
    Man, this was the last "normal" thing I was doing before the lockdown.

CALL, CALL, CALL 😅
    Weird - I had this exact thought this morning. I had to go to my son’s school to pick up his stuff and flashed back to how I used to walk to or from there listening to Sirius and/or refreshing this thread and/or dialing like a lunatic. 
    DTE

CALL CALL CALL!!!

😅
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Ah the simple days
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    good morning friends.  
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
    I was going to cancel my Sirius subscription as soon as this show was over - I never really use it - but no way am I cancelling before the show happens or is officially declared dead. So Sirius is getting who knows how many months of additional revenue out of me due to COVID.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    tdawe said:
    I was going to cancel my Sirius subscription as soon as this show was over - I never really use it - but no way am I cancelling before the show happens or is officially declared dead. So Sirius is getting who knows how many months of additional revenue out of me due to COVID.

You can always sign up again when the rumors ramp up.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    tdawe said:

Not taking that risk!
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Not taking that risk!
    There's no risk. With SXM contests you just have to be a current subscriber when you win. With the way COVID is right now, you're looking at likely a year before PJ tours the US, and it's not even clear that the Apollo show will still happen when they come back. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Not taking that risk!
    There's no risk. With SXM contests you just have to be a current subscriber when you win. With the way COVID is right now, you're looking at likely a year before PJ tours the US, and it's not even clear that the Apollo show will still happen when they come back. 

A lot of people will also be offered money-saving deals when they threaten to cancel. Some people get something like $20 for 5 months because they just need it in their car. Me? I'm not so fortunate, but it's still like $150 or something for me for an entire year.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 579
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Not taking that risk!

A lot of people will also be offered money-saving deals when they threaten to cancel. Some people get something like $20 for 5 months because they just need it in their car. Me? I'm not so fortunate, but it's still like $150 or something for me for an entire year.
    That’s true. I’m on $6/mth for the car I hardly drive anymore. 

Just threaten to cancel at every renew. Say no a couple of times and the rates get better. 
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Not taking that risk!
    Back in the winter there was a back dated eligibility requirement for at least certain of the giveaways:

This sweepstakes is open only to individuals who meet ALL of the following qualifications: (i) a legal resident of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia; or if a legal resident of Alaska or Hawaii, has a standalone SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription; or if a legal resident of Puerto Rico, has a Sirius Satellite radio subscription; (ii) has been an ACTIVE SIRIUSXM SUBSCRIBER, WITH EITHER A SELF-PAID OR AN INTRODUCTORY TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION IN SPONSOR’S DATABASE CONTINUOUSLY SINCE AT LEAST January 22, 2020; and (iii) is at least 18 years of age at time of entry; except wherever prohibited or restricted by law. This giveaway is intended for play in the aforementioned areas only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law.”

Emphasis theirs. That was when the show was announced on 2/6. Not taking the risk! 
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,074
    edited August 2020
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Not taking that risk!
    Back in the winter there was a back dated eligibility requirement for at least certain of the giveaways:

” This sweepstakes is open only to individuals who meet ALL of the following qualifications: (i) a legal resident of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia; or if a legal resident of Alaska or Hawaii, has a standalone SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription; or if a legal resident of Puerto Rico, has a Sirius Satellite radio subscription; (ii) has been an ACTIVE SIRIUSXM SUBSCRIBER, WITH EITHER A SELF-PAID OR AN INTRODUCTORY TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION IN SPONSOR’S DATABASE CONTINUOUSLY SINCE AT LEAST January 22, 2020; and (iii) is at least 18 years of age at time of entry; except wherever prohibited or restricted by law. This giveaway is intended for play in the aforementioned areas only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law.”

Emphasis theirs. That was when the show was announced on 2/6. Not taking the risk! 
    As of the time of the sweepstakes. That said, I probably wouldn't want to be in the position of saying I was a former subscriber once they reschedule it. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • resurrecting a very special thread... only because someone (almost surely a member that was on these posts!) just asked Eddie Vedder directly about the reschedule and plan for the Apollo show

I forgot the callers name, sorry - but YOU ARE A STUD!!  soo cool to see if we can get him to let us know that this show will or will not happen!!!  <3   I got pulled away from the answer he gave for a work thing, so anyone that heard it... give us the notes!  :)
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    edited September 2020
    Going to cancel Jan 1st. I pay $340 for the year and I have to pay up front. $28 a month is steep. I kind of faded listening to Howard. I listen to PJ radio when I can. And listen to Spectrum in the background a lot. But I might as well get Spotify instead for $10 a month. 
    Anyone else paying $340 a year? Would love to see what some of you other guys are paying. I’ve been a subscriber for about 15 years, never was offered to lock in a rate and it seems to just go up year after year. 
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
    Going to cancel Jan 1st. I pay $340 for the year and I have to pay up front. $28 a month is steep. I kind of faded listening to Howard. I listen to PJ radio when I can. And listen to Spectrum in the background a lot. But I might as well get Spotify instead for $10 a month. 
    Anyone else paying $340 a year? Would love to see what some of you other guys are paying. I’ve been a subscriber for about 15 years, never was offered to lock in a rate and it seems to just go up year after year. 
    Same price. I've been a subscriber since like 2005. I also have a second subscription in my car which has a "family discount" of $21/month with fees. So I guess I'm paying $600 a year. I listen constantly so it's worth it to me. If you want to pay less, I looked at the change my subscription option and the mostly music package is about half the cost and billed monthly.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^ I guess you guys missed the Lifetime Subscription plan?^^^

I got the Lifetime Subscription plan in 2006.

Though, the last time I got a new radio(2015) I was told that if/when that radio takes a dump, that SirusXM now will not honor the Lifetime Subscription. I called SirusXM in 2015 and complained big time. I told them its a LIFETIME subscription NOT a Lifetime of the radio subscription.  And , I just got a notice that there is a Class Action Lawsuit against SirusXM over this. It makes no sense because if you have a radio or not you cant still listen online , on their App(that you can probably hook up your phone and play through your radio) or through your Smart Speaker like Alexa.

Court date:
    Current Status

The Court has preliminarily approved the Settlement and will hold a Final Approval Hearing on January 25, 2021 at 1:30 p.m., to consider whether the Settlement should be approved. After the hearing, the Court will decide whether to approve the Settlement. It is unknown how long these decisions will take. No Settlement benefits or payments will be provided unless the Court approves the Settlement and it becomes final. The hearing can be postponed, may have special procedures in places as a result of the Covid 19 Pandemic.

https://www.lifetimesiriusxmsettlement.com/

Alvarez v. Sirius XM Radio Inc., Case No. 2:18-cv-08605-JVS-SS

If You Purchased A Subscription From Sirius XM That Was Marketed Or Sold As A “Lifetime Plan” Or “Lifetime Subscription” This Class Action Settlement May Affect Your Rights.

cutz said:

Though, the last time I got a new radio(2015) I was told that if/when that radio takes a dump, that SirusXM now will not honor the Lifetime Subscription. I called SirusXM in 2015 and complained big time. I told them its a LIFETIME subscription NOT a Lifetime of the radio subscription.  And , I just got a notice that there is a Class Action Lawsuit against SirusXM over this. It makes no sense because if you have a radio or not you cant still listen online , on their App(that you can probably hook up your phone and play through your radio) or through your Smart Speaker like Alexa.

Court date:
    Current Status

The Court has preliminarily approved the Settlement and will hold a Final Approval Hearing on January 25, 2021 at 1:30 p.m., to consider whether the Settlement should be approved. After the hearing, the Court will decide whether to approve the Settlement. It is unknown how long these decisions will take. No Settlement benefits or payments will be provided unless the Court approves the Settlement and it becomes final. The hearing can be postponed, may have special procedures in places as a result of the Covid 19 Pandemic.

If You Purchased A Subscription From Sirius XM That Was Marketed Or Sold As A “Lifetime Plan” Or “Lifetime Subscription” This Class Action Settlement May Affect Your Rights.

Yeah at the time they were selling those that seemed like a lot of money. And my understanding was that it was supposed to be limited to the lifetime of the radio, so if the unit bit the dust after 3 years you'd be worse off compared to the original $12/month rate.

Interesting to know about the lawsuit. I actually have an aftermarket unit that I bought on ebay that has active service that I've never paid for. Figured it might be on a lifetime plan. Wonder if there's a way to transfer that to another unit pursuant to the settlement. 
  • Originally, the lifetime subscription was lifetime of the radio. There was a $75 swap fee that could be done three times. 

It's my understanding now that the swap limitations are a thing of the past....swap as much as you'd like for no fee. (I think...I could be misremembering what I read a few days ago.)

As far as fees, there are various offers if you're willing to haggle. Some people report a "Car only" subscription for $6 or so per month for 5 months. I think this includes all channels.

Because I need app access, I'm stuck at something like $150 for a year. Yes, I have to call in once a year and threaten to cancel over the price, but it's still at 2005-era prices for me, so that's a win in my book.

Do the same with your other subscriptions. You may be surprised at what you are offered.
    Originally, the lifetime subscription was lifetime of the radio. There was a $75 swap fee that could be done three times. 

It's my understanding now that the swap limitations are a thing of the past....swap as much as you'd like for no fee. (I think...I could be misremembering what I read a few days ago.)

As far as fees, there are various offers if you're willing to haggle. Some people report a "Car only" subscription for $6 or so per month for 5 months. I think this includes all channels.

Because I need app access, I'm stuck at something like $150 for a year. Yes, I have to call in once a year and threaten to cancel over the price, but it's still at 2005-era prices for me, so that's a win in my book.

Do the same with your other subscriptions. You may be surprised at what you are offered.
    The settlement website says that the transfer fee will be reduced from $75 to $35.

That's an interesting strategy to save a few bucks. Guess they have to charge everyone more to make up for those discounts. I'm not going to lie to save a few bucks. I wouldn't cancel either way.  
    edited September 2020
    SHZA said:
    Originally, the lifetime subscription was lifetime of the radio. There was a $75 swap fee that could be done three times. 

The settlement website says that the transfer fee will be reduced from $75 to $35.

That's an interesting strategy to save a few bucks. Guess they have to charge everyone more to make up for those discounts. I'm not going to lie to save a few bucks. I wouldn't cancel either way.  

If a TV+internet subscription is $30-40 per month saved, then that's real money over a year. (Yeah, it usually means a contract, but that's also why new customer rates are so low....because they essentially pay off contracts.)

The crappy thing is that they don't warn when the savings end. Luckily, there's a calendar app! I've got free HBO, upgraded internet speeds, etc. I think my 1000 Mbps is maybe about $5 or so off my 6 Mbps from about 2008. Plus, this 1000 includes free HBO Max.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • $14/mth for 2 cars and 1 all access stream. Get to the 2nd or 3rd level on cancelling and the great deals kick in. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I pay $8 month every year for Sirius.  

I know in my experience that I got a new radio a few years after my first, and was never told by Sirius when I called to activate the signal, that it was only for the Lifetime of the first radio. They activated the 2nd radio. When my 2nd radio stopped working I had to get a 3rd and that's when I was told by the people where I bought it about the 3 Radios  limit for Lifetime 'script. I asked when that was put in and he couldn't remember when. I think it was put in after I got my Lifetime 'script because why would SirusXM send a signal to my 2nd & 3rd radios?  

A lifetime subscription means that: LIFETIME. I haven't died.............................................................................YET -LOL
    SHZA said:
    cutz said:

Court date:
    Current Status

Yeah at the time they were selling those that seemed like a lot of money. And my understanding was that it was supposed to be limited to the lifetime of the radio, so if the unit bit the dust after 3 years you'd be worse off compared to the original $12/month rate.

Interesting to know about the lawsuit. I actually have an aftermarket unit that I bought on ebay that has active service that I've never paid for. Figured it might be on a lifetime plan. Wonder if there's a way to transfer that to another unit pursuant to the settlement. 
    I forget what I paid for but I want to say it paid for itself after 2 1/2 years or so. 

I guess it wouldn't hurt to call SiriusXM and have them send a signal and hear what they have to say. MIGHT have a Lifetime plan.  

Yeah, I'm curious how the lawsuit will work out. Hope the court date stays for January. 
    ALIVE BRENDAN O'BRIEN MIX

CALL CALL CALL

=)

edited February 2021
    Forget the Apollo. They should get those Chinese hospital builders to build a concert hall* for all the people who missed out on MSG.

* - due to Chinese government building standards, most seats will be a partially obstructed view

This post from 2/2020 on the third page...did not age well. Oof.
    Forget the Apollo. They should get those Chinese hospital builders to build a concert hall* for all the people who missed out on MSG.

* - due to Chinese government building standards, most seats will be a partially obstructed view

This post from 2/2020 on the third page...did not age well. Oof.

Double oof.

DTE

CALLCALLCALL