Options

Fan Club woes - is there a point any more?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    Vedd Hedd said:
    pjl44 said:
    Won't someone think of the teenagers
    Be snarky all ya want. I’m just saying the fanclub used to fun, and now it’s basically a ripoff. I can flush $40 down the toilet no problem. But someone younger, who isn’t wise to the fact that they’re not going to get what they paid for, are in for some disappointment. 
    What exactly are they being told they are getting, that they wont get and be disappointed?
    Well I was referring to the vinyls and hard-copies of the deep mags, but actually I see now that they've removed those altogether from the membership description page...

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205285910-Membership-Levels
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    on2legs said:
    Is it true you can get maple syrup on a sandwich at Subway in Canada?
    and comes with a free moose knuckle
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:
    I apologize @PJNB for the can of works I may have opened .  Well not really.  Remind @mcgruff10 when he joins us in Quebec  City next year that he might not be able to handle real beer.  

@on2legs You can’t knock maple syrup until you try it on bacon. 
    Molson dry is considered real beer?!?!
    nobody drinks that shit
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:
    I apologize @PJNB for the can of works I may have opened .  Well not really.  Remind @mcgruff10 when he joins us in Quebec  City next year that he might not be able to handle real beer.  

I had bacon with maple syrup and banana once. Not sure if that’s a Canadian thing but it was delicious 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I feel it's worth $20usd/yr (approx $27 to $28 cdn) for the digital version.  Access to this forum (which I spend too much time on) and access to tickets when Covid isn't going on.   I feel like I get exactly what I pay for.

I didn't feel like Analog at $50usd was worth it once the Christmas single got cancelled, but it was easy enough to go digital.

I might feel different if I lived somewhere else, but between the Seattle area and Vancouver area, there's something to see here every 2 or 3 years (covid exception withstanding).
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:

nobody drinks that shit
    Dude you told me that it was the featured adult drink at your wedding!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:

nobody drinks that shit
    Dude you told me that it was the featured adult drink at your wedding!
    lol. we did not serve that swill at our wedding, never mind it being the "featured adult drink", LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,412
    PJNB said:
    The amount of tickets the fanclub got from the spring tour alone should tell you that it is worth the $20 alone to stay out of the public sale headache. Good membership number or not it is still worth it imo. I mean I just went to Subway with my wife and 3 kids and spent $50 for one meal. I am pretty surprised people are even talking about the value of this. 
    Absolutely this! They’ve recently made arrangements for all/most fan club members to get tickets.  And it’s going to sound crazy but we took friends with us for the first time to Wrigley 2018 (they had TM tickets) and they got hooked and joined on the way home!  They said it feels like a “secret society” and were so excited to travel everywhere with us this year. It was so great seeing them enthusiastic that it felt like our first time again almost 30 years ago. We’ve taken teenagers from my husbands high school baseball teams, nieces, nephews, and it’s awesome seeing their reactions and in some cases tears! Take someone new and it will bring back the reason you joined in the first place. We’re all just in a shitty place right now....I refuse to believe it will stay this way forever. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,184
    PJNB said:
    The amount of tickets the fanclub got from the spring tour alone should tell you that it is worth the $20 alone to stay out of the public sale headache. Good membership number or not it is still worth it imo. I mean I just went to Subway with my wife and 3 kids and spent $50 for one meal. I am pretty surprised people are even talking about the value of this. 
    Absolutely this! They’ve recently made arrangements for all/most fan club members to get tickets.  And it’s going to sound crazy but we took friends with us for the first time to Wrigley 2018 (they had TM tickets) and they got hooked and joined on the way home!  They said it feels like a “secret society” and were so excited to travel everywhere with us this year. It was so great seeing them enthusiastic that it felt like our first time again almost 30 years ago. We’ve taken teenagers from my husbands high school baseball teams, nieces, nephews, and it’s awesome seeing their reactions and in some cases tears! Take someone new and it will bring back the reason you joined in the first place. We’re all just in a shitty place right now....I refuse to believe it will stay this way forever. 
    Agreed. Take someone for their first time. It’s been a bit, but I converted my sister ten years ago and it’s become and excuse to travel together and hang out, with me in Atlanta and her D.C. we don’t always see each other. But visit a cool city and watch the world’s best band? No brainer.

Even converted her skeptical, musician boyfriend back in 2016. Of course, his first show was the Philly Ten show. Who gets that lucky? But he’s definitely hooked, now making his own PJ compilation bootlegs. It’s fun to see that new excitement.
  • Options
    Many people in my neighborhood pay $60 to $75 a week for landscapers to care for their yard. I'm of the opinion that some Ten Club members are just cheapskates. Sorry! 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited August 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:

Not in these parts. That and Labatt’s Blue are Caribou Piss. 
    So if I go to a Canadian bar and order a caribou piss I get a pint filled half way with molson dry and the other with labatt blue?  Kind of like a half and half.  (Guinness and bass ale)
    I just like calling any beer caribou piss. I’m not a beer drinker, basically all of it is caribou piss to me. I’d like to be there when you do order a caribou piss at the pub. Be a good laugh.
    No caribou piss in the US - your last herd went extinct not long ago 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on