Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    bbiggs said:
    So, has Antifa killed anyone yet? Anyone at all?   

Just wondering at what point we can lay the “both sides are equally bad” narrative to rest. 
    Shouldn’t defend the behavior of those animals either. 

Do you want to answer the question? Have they killed anyone yet or not?

Maybe the two sides aren't the same. 
    Are you really defending Antifa asshats?  I’m not sure whether or not they have killed anyone yet, but they have definitely made terroristic threats, specifically towards El Paso even.  They sure as hell are not doing anything to decrease the culture of violence.  Fuck them, right along with their White Supremacist playmates.  I’d be fine with letting all illegal immigrants in and sending any affiliates of either of those two groups to Guatemala. 
    What I am saying is that there doesn’t appear to be any evidence that Antifa has killed anyone, so in my opinion, the two sides are not the same. 

Of course they are not the same, they both are asshats in their own unique ways...You can be against the actions of both groups without them being “the same”.  And the Antifa clowns are lucky none of their members have killed anyone yet, as hitting people over the head with socks filled with padlocks or beating on defenseless elderly people could easily turn into that type of situation...it’s just a matter of time before one of them hits someone too hard.  Neither group is doing anything positive for society at this time.  I would lump Antifa and Neo-Nazis in with the label of terroristic groups.

"Of course they are not the same" is not what I've been hearing from Trump, from the GOP, and from some people on this board for a while now. Good to have it clarified that we're all on the same page on this. 
    I cannot speak for others.  They are both the same in that they are both full of violent asshats if you want to go that route I guess...

Interesting that credible, high level law enforcement do not view them as the same, in terms of risk to the US, so I would again disagree with you. 
    Well, saying they are not as big of a threat is completely different than actually defending or supporting them.  It could be said that MS-13 is not as big of a threat to the US as Antifa, but that doesn’t mean either group brings anything positive to the table...

What has defending or supporting got to do with this discussion? You went back to the "both the same" theme when talking about their propensity for violence, and I'm pointing out that people who know what they're talking about don't think they have the same propensity for violence. I don't see that "bring anything positive to the table" enters in here. 

And are you actually saying that you believe that MS-13 is "not as big of a threat to the US as Antifa"? If so, that's absurd, given that they seem to have at least dozens of murders to their "credit", in addition to the other criminal activities. 
    You are being ridiculous.  The MS-13 vs Antifa example was purely hypothetical, which anyone with the slightest bit of reading comprehension would recognize, but strawman away!  No, they are not the same as far as how many people they have murdered and I couldn’t care less if some un-sourced law enforcement person said they are less violent, literally my only point was that neither group is defendable or good.  For fucks sake!
    And when I asked if you were defending them, it was because I believe that defending either group is wrong, regardless if they have the same exact “propensity for violence”.  The End!

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    bbiggs said:

Just wondering at what point we can lay the “both sides are equally bad” narrative to rest. 

Are you really defending Antifa asshats?  I’m not sure whether or not they have killed anyone yet, but they have definitely made terroristic threats, specifically towards El Paso even.  They sure as hell are not doing anything to decrease the culture of violence.  Fuck them, right along with their White Supremacist playmates.  I’d be fine with letting all illegal immigrants in and sending any affiliates of either of those two groups to Guatemala. 
    What I am saying is that there doesn’t appear to be any evidence that Antifa has killed anyone, so in my opinion, the two sides are not the same. 

Of course they are not the same, they both are asshats in their own unique ways...You can be against the actions of both groups without them being “the same”.  And the Antifa clowns are lucky none of their members have killed anyone yet, as hitting people over the head with socks filled with padlocks or beating on defenseless elderly people could easily turn into that type of situation...it’s just a matter of time before one of them hits someone too hard.  Neither group is doing anything positive for society at this time.  I would lump Antifa and Neo-Nazis in with the label of terroristic groups.

"Of course they are not the same" is not what I've been hearing from Trump, from the GOP, and from some people on this board for a while now. Good to have it clarified that we're all on the same page on this. 
    I cannot speak for others.  They are both the same in that they are both full of violent asshats if you want to go that route I guess...

Interesting that credible, high level law enforcement do not view them as the same, in terms of risk to the US, so I would again disagree with you. 
    Well, saying they are not as big of a threat is completely different than actually defending or supporting them.  It could be said that MS-13 is not as big of a threat to the US as Antifa, but that doesn’t mean either group brings anything positive to the table...

What has defending or supporting got to do with this discussion? You went back to the "both the same" theme when talking about their propensity for violence, and I'm pointing out that people who know what they're talking about don't think they have the same propensity for violence. I don't see that "bring anything positive to the table" enters in here. 

And are you actually saying that you believe that MS-13 is "not as big of a threat to the US as Antifa"? If so, that's absurd, given that they seem to have at least dozens of murders to their "credit", in addition to the other criminal activities. 
    You are being ridiculous.  The MS-13 vs Antifa example was purely hypothetical, which anyone with the slightest bit of reading comprehension would recognize, but strawman away!  No, they are not the same as far as how many people they have murdered and I couldn’t care less if some un-sourced law enforcement person said they are less violent, literally my only point was that neither group is defendable or good.  For fucks sake!
    And when I asked if you were defending them, it was because I believe that defending either group is wrong, regardless if they have the same exact “propensity for violence”.  The End!

Pro tip - if you don’t want someone to think you mean something, then don’t say “it could be said....”. Maybe choose better wording. FYI, brush up in your definition of straw man. 

The director of the FBI was my source for the law enforcement comment. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    bbiggs said:

Also, you will note that I asked if that was your belief, rather than assuming, so perhaps the failure in reading comprehension is on you. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,485

If your contribution to a thread titled "How to stop White Terrorism in the U.S' is to bring up MS-13 and / or Antifa...

Yikes

• Options

If your contribution to a thread titled "How to stop White Terrorism in the U.S' is to bring up MS-13 and / or Antifa...

Yikes

I agree, this was derailed by oftennotreadingverywell bringing up Antifa. 
  • Options
    Oh fuck it. People just read what they want to read. 
    I feel your pain...
  • Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    A racist, white supremacist drives 9 hours to commit a mass murder and says that he was driven to it because of immigration, and people actually agree with him and say that this is an indicator that immigration is partly to blame? A big hell no to that!

The purported motives of a mass murderer should not be influencing our policies; logic, science, compassion and law should influence our policies. If this mass murderer drove to a setting mostly filled with women, shot a few dozen women and girls, and said that he was driven to it because of the problems of feminism, would people agree and say yeah,  we need to do something about all of these uppity women driving men to violence? 

It's bizarre that people actually think that "immigration helped bring this violence forward". Guns and racism brought this violence forward.
    The “normalization” has begun.
    What normalization?  The Dayton shooter was an extreme leftist.  And are we going to ignore that the far right extremist are responsible for far less deaths than other violent acts committee that include murder in the United States?   I just don’t understand the idea of pointing at one thing while completely ignoring the facts of violence.  Are we agenda driven or are we solution driven?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    This thread:

Normal quota of categorizing respondents with  labels.  Check. 
    Making accusations about other members (you are ______.)  Check
    Random snarky comments Check.

Train's runnin' normally.  Hidey Ho!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764
    brianlux said:
    This thread:

I blame Casey Jones and his coke habit.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    This thread:

Oooh, a fellow TMNT  fan.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    This thread:

Oooh, a fellow TMNT  fan.
    what?

and I'm certain I addressed someone else.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    A racist, white supremacist drives 9 hours to commit a mass murder and says that he was driven to it because of immigration, and people actually agree with him and say that this is an indicator that immigration is partly to blame? A big hell no to that!

The purported motives of a mass murderer should not be influencing our policies; logic, science, compassion and law should influence our policies. If this mass murderer drove to a setting mostly filled with women, shot a few dozen women and girls, and said that he was driven to it because of the problems of feminism, would people agree and say yeah,  we need to do something about all of these uppity women driving men to violence? 

It's bizarre that people actually think that "immigration helped bring this violence forward". Guns and racism brought this violence forward.
    What normalization?  The Dayton shooter was an extreme leftist.  And are we going to ignore that the far right extremist are responsible for far less deaths than other violent acts committee that include murder in the United States?   I just don’t understand the idea of pointing at one thing while completely ignoring the facts of violence.  Are we agenda driven or are we solution driven?
    Your delusional!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006

Your delusional!
    I'll tell you this Jose, it's nice to have someone else on here that sees things differently than the regulars.

I think a bunch of people are delusional sometimes as I'm sure y'all view me that way too, lol!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294

Your delusional!
    I'll tell you this Jose, it's nice to have someone else on here that sees things differently than the regulars.

I think a bunch of people are delusional sometimes as I'm sure y'all view me that way too, lol!
    I don’t agree with you on most political issues , I’m delusional myself in thinking that strong gun legislation can happen here so I’m par for the course , did Matt offer solutions or do you have any that can work to stop massacres? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,600

Care to link to some facts regarding your claim that “far right extremists are responsible for far less deaths than other violent acts committed that include murder in the United States?”

Seems Texas has an awful lot of gun violence, does that concern you as much as Chicago?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Care to link to some facts regarding your claim that “far right extremists are responsible for far less deaths than other violent acts committed that include murder in the United States?”

Seems Texas has an awful lot of gun violence, does that concern you as much as Chicago?
    50 people were killed by RW extremists in 2018.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/extremist-killings-links-right-wing-extremism-report-2019-1
  • Options
    edited August 2019

https://www.businessinsider.com/extremist-killings-links-right-wing-extremism-report-2019-1
    He was comparing apples and oranges. Just for fun, how many leftist extremists killings were there in 2018?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

He was comparing apples and oranges. Just for fun, how many leftist extremists killings were there in 2018?

I actually don't know what you can consider a "leftist" killing?  Does PETA count towards something like that?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272

I'd say we're driven by facts.
    https://www.salon.com/2019/07/24/fbi-director-to-congress-most-domestic-terror-cases-are-driven-by-white-supremacist-violence/

FBI director to Congress: Most domestic terror cases are driven by "white supremacist violence"

Despite Trump's denials, FBI Director Christopher Wray says right-wing racist terrorism is a major threat

FBI Director Christopher Wray told Congress on Tuesday that the agency has seen an increase in the number of domestic terror arrests this fiscal year, a majority of which have been motivated by white supremacy.

Wray told the Senate Judiciary Committee that the FBI has recorded about 100 domestic terrorism arrests in the last nine months. “A majority of the domestic terrorism cases we've investigated are motivated by some version of what you might call white supremacist violence,” he told the panel.

Wray said the number of the domestic terrorism arrests has increased and is now close to the number of international terrorism arrests the bureau has made.

Wray’s testimony followed a House Homeland Security Committee hearing in May, where FBI counterterrorism chief Michael McGarrity testified that the bureau was investigating 850 potential domestic terrorism cases. McGarrity said that nearly half of the cases involved racially motivated extremists, most of whom were white supremacists.

During Tuesday’s hearing, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., pressed Wray on concerns that the bureau was not prioritizing white supremacist domestic terrorism under President Trump. Trump has previously said there were “fine people” marching with neo-Nazis during the Charlottesville violence of 2017 and denied that white nationalism was on the rise after a deadly attack at two New Zealand mosques killed 51 people.

“There is a concern that this is not being taken as seriously as it should be as one of the real threats in our country,” Durbin told Wray.

“We take domestic terrorism or hate crime — regardless of ideology — extremely seriously, I can assure you, and we are aggressively pursuing it using both counterterrorism resources and criminal investigative resources and partnering closely with our state and local partners," Wray replied.

Durbin questioned whether the bureau was treating homegrown terror threats as seriously as it treated international terrorism.

“What you have just said is significant, if the number of people arrested this calendar year when it comes to this extremist conduct, is about equal between those who were inspired by foreign actors, ISIS, al-Qaida, whatever it might be, and those who were inspired by white supremacy or at least some version of race,” Durbin said, before asking Wray if he considered them equal threats.

Wray said he did not, explaining that he believes homegrown violent terrorism was the single biggest threat to the country.

Despite the rise in arrests this fiscal year, domestic terrorism arrests fell during the first two years of the Trump presidency. The FBI arrested about 150 terrorism suspects in 2017, which fell to 120 last year, where it is on pace to hit again this fiscal year, the Washington Post reports.

While the FBI may again be increasing its arrests of violent white supremacists, few are actually charged with terrorism, unlike suspects of foreign origin or with overseas links.

Out of about 100 domestic terrorism arrests in 2018, just nine defendants faced terrorism charges, according to the Post.

Seamus Hughes, who tracks domestic terrorism for the Program on Extremism at George Washington University, told the Post that the majority of domestic terrorism arrests are not reported as such, leaving the public in the dark about the actual size of the domestic terror threat.

“Unless the public understands that terrorism cases don’t necessarily mean terrorism charges or convictions,” he said, “you don’t get a sense of the scope of the threat, whether it’s domestic terrorism or international.”

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

https://www.salon.com/2019/07/24/fbi-director-to-congress-most-domestic-terror-cases-are-driven-by-white-supremacist-violence/

FBI director to Congress: Most domestic terror cases are driven by "white supremacist violence"

Despite Trump's denials, FBI Director Christopher Wray says right-wing racist terrorism is a major threat

FBI Director Christopher Wray told Congress on Tuesday that the agency has seen an increase in the number of domestic terror arrests this fiscal year, a majority of which have been motivated by white supremacy.

Wray told the Senate Judiciary Committee that the FBI has recorded about 100 domestic terrorism arrests in the last nine months. “A majority of the domestic terrorism cases we've investigated are motivated by some version of what you might call white supremacist violence,” he told the panel.

Wray said the number of the domestic terrorism arrests has increased and is now close to the number of international terrorism arrests the bureau has made.

Wray’s testimony followed a House Homeland Security Committee hearing in May, where FBI counterterrorism chief Michael McGarrity testified that the bureau was investigating 850 potential domestic terrorism cases. McGarrity said that nearly half of the cases involved racially motivated extremists, most of whom were white supremacists.

During Tuesday’s hearing, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., pressed Wray on concerns that the bureau was not prioritizing white supremacist domestic terrorism under President Trump. Trump has previously said there were “fine people” marching with neo-Nazis during the Charlottesville violence of 2017 and denied that white nationalism was on the rise after a deadly attack at two New Zealand mosques killed 51 people.

“There is a concern that this is not being taken as seriously as it should be as one of the real threats in our country,” Durbin told Wray.

“We take domestic terrorism or hate crime — regardless of ideology — extremely seriously, I can assure you, and we are aggressively pursuing it using both counterterrorism resources and criminal investigative resources and partnering closely with our state and local partners," Wray replied.

Durbin questioned whether the bureau was treating homegrown terror threats as seriously as it treated international terrorism.

“What you have just said is significant, if the number of people arrested this calendar year when it comes to this extremist conduct, is about equal between those who were inspired by foreign actors, ISIS, al-Qaida, whatever it might be, and those who were inspired by white supremacy or at least some version of race,” Durbin said, before asking Wray if he considered them equal threats.

Wray said he did not, explaining that he believes homegrown violent terrorism was the single biggest threat to the country.

Despite the rise in arrests this fiscal year, domestic terrorism arrests fell during the first two years of the Trump presidency. The FBI arrested about 150 terrorism suspects in 2017, which fell to 120 last year, where it is on pace to hit again this fiscal year, the Washington Post reports.

While the FBI may again be increasing its arrests of violent white supremacists, few are actually charged with terrorism, unlike suspects of foreign origin or with overseas links.

Out of about 100 domestic terrorism arrests in 2018, just nine defendants faced terrorism charges, according to the Post.

Seamus Hughes, who tracks domestic terrorism for the Program on Extremism at George Washington University, told the Post that the majority of domestic terrorism arrests are not reported as such, leaving the public in the dark about the actual size of the domestic terror threat.

“Unless the public understands that terrorism cases don’t necessarily mean terrorism charges or convictions,” he said, “you don’t get a sense of the scope of the threat, whether it’s domestic terrorism or international.”

Good on you, I just didn’t have the patience or fortitude.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

If you really think about it what leftist group is going to be stockpiling guns and ammo?  The stereotypical person on the left would be against guns so I see this completely as a right wing problem.

I do think it's awful that when you think of someone w guns that they are right winger though. 

Also @The Jug@"The Juggler" my article covers a bit of what yours did too.
  • Options
    its important to note, that while there may be a good amount of arrests for Dom Terrorism,  the article posted above says far less result in charges for or convictions of Dom Terrorism.......

• Options
    Proud Boys, Boogaloos and the “Jews will not replace us.” And here we are. Sad.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Deaths from far right/white supremacist groups continue to dominate deaths from terrorism in the US.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

(also, Antifa still hasn't killed anyone)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    i thought it was pronounced "Anteeeeeefaaaah"?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    Don't forget Emmmm Essssss Thirteeeeeeen
    And
    SOCIALIIIIIIISTS
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,485
    And
    SOCIALIIIIIIISTS
    Also... Soros funded migrant caravans... it’s hard to sleep with all these boogey men under the bed. 
  • Options
    And
    SOCIALIIIIIIISTS
    Also... Soros funded migrant caravans... it’s hard to sleep with all these boogey men under the bed. 
    Maybe get a loft bed; then they’ll have more room under there and they might quiet down.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    And
    SOCIALIIIIIIISTS

And of course, we must include the classic, piiiiiiiiinko!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    long read. disturbing but important to consider....

INSIDE A KKK MURDER PLOT,
    GRAB HIM UP AND TAKE HIM TO THE RIVER
    By JASON DEAREN
    37 mins ago

PALATKA, Fla. (AP) — Joseph Moore breathed heavily, his face slick with nervous sweat. He held a cellphone with a photo of a man splayed on the floor; the man appeared dead, his shirt torn apart and his pants wet.

Puffy dark clouds blocked the sun as Moore greeted another man, who’d pulled up in a metallic blue sedan. They met behind an old fried chicken shack in rural north Florida.

“KIGY, my brother,” Moore said. It was shorthand for “klansman I greet you.”

Birds chirped in a tree overhead and traffic whooshed by on a nearby road, muddling the sound of their voices, which were being recorded secretly.

Moore brought the phone to David “Sarge” Moran, who wore a camouflage-print baseball hat emblazoned with a Confederate flag patch and a metal cross. His arms and hands were covered in tattoos.

A nervous, giddy chuckle escaped Moran’s mouth.

“Oh, shit. I love it,” he said. “Motherf----- pissed on himself. Good job.”

“Is that what y’all wanted?”

“Yes, hell yeah,” Moran said, his voice pitched high.

It was 11:30 a.m. on March 19, 2015, and the klansmen were celebrating what they thought was a successful murder in Florida.

But the FBI had gotten wind of the murder plot. A confidential informant had infiltrated the group, and his recordings provide a rare, detailed look at the inner workings of a modern klan cell and a domestic terrorism probe.

That investigation would unearth another secret: An unknown number of klansmen were working inside the Florida Department of Corrections, with significant power over inmates, Black and white.

___

continues .....

for awhile.

Post edited by mickeyrat on