______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Road Apples Album Title - “It's actually a funny story,"  Guitarist Rob Baker told the Straight. "We had several names for the record, and the American label — we're signed directly to MCA USA — felt that all of our titles were too much inside jokes, or that they sounded too Canadian. And they're really giving us this, 'Oh no, Americans won't understand it.’

"So we said, 'Oh, how about Road Apples,'" Baker says, recalling the old slang for horseshit. "And of course they had no idea what road apples were in Los Angeles. They said, 'Oh yeah! Songs that you wrote on the road! We love it!'

"At that point everyone was a little pissed off that we were encountering so much resistance from the American label about the name of the record, and the fact that we're Canadian … and proud of it, I guess."

Another tidbit for those of you not familiar with Canada’s House Band:

According to NirvanaGuide.com, approximately 40 people watched Nirvana open up for the Hip on July 7, 1989, at the O'Cayz Corral, Madison, Wis.  Lead singer Gord Downie would eventually write the song "Don't Wake Daddy" (from Trouble at the Henhouse) with a small salute to Cobain in the lyrics.

"Sled dogs after dinner,
    Close their eyes on the howling wastes.
    Kurt Cobain reincarnated,
    Sighs and licks his face."

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Loujoe said:
    GREAT album 
    I miss rsd. I'd never have heard these nasty old satanic country songs otherwise.

tough time choosing what to spin this morning. Glad I pulled this sucker out. Tough to beat. All their songs have a fun ease to them. Great jams lyrics simple strung out. Nothing too mind heavy.  From a different time. Impossible to replicate. Thanks you crazy rockers.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Loujoe said:
    tough time choosing what to spin this morning. Glad I pulled this sucker out. Tough to beat. All their songs have a fun ease to them. Great jams lyrics simple strung out. Nothing too mind heavy.  From a different time. Impossible to replicate. Thanks you crazy rockers.
    This record is a lifetime of discovery.  Every time you listen,  there's something new to explore or concentrate on.  It's a masterpiece. 
    nice beat up old score. So damn good.
    What a simply amazing pressing. I’m not sure it could sound better... just perfectly captures AICs brilliance in this performance. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    What a simply amazing pressing. I’m not sure it could sound better... just perfectly captures AICs brilliance in this performance. 
    the other mov titles are great too
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    the other mov titles are great too
    I’ve got lots of MOV wax.  They are consistently very good. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Haven't listened to Ten Legs in years.  Better than I recalled. 

• What a simply amazing pressing. I’m not sure it could sound better... just perfectly captures AICs brilliance in this performance. 
    This isn't a gatefold right? It's two discs squeezed into one regular cover?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1 said:
    Haven't listened to Ten Legs in years.  Better than I recalled. 

This is one of my vinyl that has disappeared and I can't locate (Stolen maybe...)

- Live on Ten Legs (the box)
    - Backspacer (do not feel like buying it again...)
    - EV - Ukelele Songs (with the chords book)
    - Tegan and Sara Complete studio albums box
    - My Morning Jacket - Live at Okononos box set

And I think something more that I can't recall now.

It hurts.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Perfection!

I SAW PEARL JAM

Nice slowwwwww pj. ^^^^
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    PJ Missoula vault 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    First Head and the Heart record 

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833

• IS 

THAT

GOD DAMN

IKEA

SHELF?