RIP Herman Cain of Godfathers Pizza

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Yeah political figure political speech political forum.  The guy put thousands of people at risk
    with his backwards ideas.  I feel sorry for he and his family especially since it was completely avoidable or at least could have had much lower risk just by wearing a mask instead of owning libs.  Condolences to his admirers he and his family.  Not his backwards beliefs.
    Where did this “owning the libs” come from? From my point of view, all Dems and Republicans do is try to own the other side and point the finger at each other. Like a bunch of children. I’m not sure how it only pertains to one side. 
    He had another tweet with a picture of a satisfied Nicolas cage that said me when I walk by a lib without my mask or something like that.  It was too low brow for me to post here
    Gotcha. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    AMT is the designated spot on the forum to discuss politics and current events. If people don’t want their thread to attract such discussion, best to go to AET. Not that there is a guarantee it won’t there, too, but with less justification. 

There is a big difference between discussion and bullying or intimidation.  Not everyone here knows the difference. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This is the political discussion board not the hugs and kisses board.
    Political discussion often results in disagreement and anger. 
    If someone wants to post something positive about a supporter of the current government their likely to get attacked.

Same as above , BP.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

As for hugs and kisses, wait until the coronavirus is over.  Then lay it on me!  :smiley:

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    nicknyr15 said:
    bbiggs said:
    This is not the place to post anything remotely positive about a Republican figure or Republican politics.  To do so is the equivalent of swimming in shark infested waters. 
    You are correct sir

However, if Dr. Fauci or Joe Biden said not to swim in shark infested waters the republicans would say "my body my choice" and jump in head first.
    However, if Donald Trump said not to swim in shark infested waters the Democrats would say “that’s racist" and jump in head first.

Wrong
    They'd  be questioning how many shark companies his family and friends are invested in and if Putin owns sharks as well.
    nicknyr15 said:
    bbiggs said:
    This is not the place to post anything remotely positive about a Republican figure or Republican politics.  To do so is the equivalent of swimming in shark infested waters. 
    You are correct sir

However, if Dr. Fauci or Joe Biden said not to swim in shark infested waters the republicans would say "my body my choice" and jump in head first.
    However, if Donald Trump said not to swim in shark infested waters the Democrats would say “that’s racist" and jump in head first.

Wrong
    They'd  be questioning how many shark companies his family and friends are invested in and if Putin owns sharks as well.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    nicknyr15 said:
    Can’t stand the heat? Stay out of the kitchen.
    Its more like, not many want to be bothered typing a response to someone who will never in a million years even entertain their point . It’s a waste of time. And I’d never be able to come up with nicknames as good as you. You are the nickname king, by far. 
    I haven’t read anyone on here defend Team Trump Treason or any repubs with any kind of policy discussion or facts. All I’ve read of late is complaining about being “attacked” or “nobody listens,” etc. it’s tiring, old and weak.

Take this thread for example, has anyone defended Herman Cain for any of his accomplishments? Would you like to defend his single presidential platform of his 9-9-9 tax policy? If so, lay it on us and explain or point out how great the man was. If not, quit complaining and understand that if you post or start a thread you’re soliciting a range of views. Back your argument up and be prepared to defend it and if not, fine but don’t complain about posters disagreeing with your view or making what you perceive to be disparaging remarks. #cancelculture.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited August 2020
    I often think about songs when reading post on AMT.  Sometimes this place has a differing vibe.  Here are two songs that represent the predominant vibe.  I love both songs but I wish I could say the first one best represents this forum and not the latter.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ha - I was thinking Soundgarden's Ty Cobb =)

Sorry to say, but I doubt true peace will ever come.  As much as we believe it's possible, I don't think it's in our nature (as a whole).
    hedonist said:
    Ha - I was thinking Soundgarden's Ty Cobb =)

Sorry to say, but I doubt true peace will ever come.  As much as we believe it's possible, I don't think it's in our nature (as a whole).

I keep hoping your wrong.  But that could mean this is my theme song, LOL:

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    This is nothing new folks.  A school is shot up but some punk and the Republicans say it is too soon to talk about gun control.  Someone dies from COVID two weeks after flaunting the fact that the virus was a hoax and it is somehow in poor taste to re-post those tweets.  

Republicans want to keep their heads buried in the sand until something else hits the news to distract people.  They can’t admit that they are on the wrong side of history on this (they know it), so they just attack the reality of the situation (just like Trump would do). 

How is it in poor taste to post someone’s 2 week old comments after they die?   I may have missed it but not sure that I saw anyone say good riddance or they were glad he is dead.  Just posted the guy’s own quotes.  

Also, this guy contracted the virus and put at risk who knows how many people after he caught it.  But we on this forum are the devil apparently.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2020
    Let me guess --

-- In This Thread People with questionable opinions themselves, believe one should not say anything bad about this shithead Cain-guy and his shitty opinions because he has just died.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Let me guess --

-- In This Thread People with questionable opinions themselves, believe one should not say anything bad about this shithead Cain-guy and his shitty opinions because he has just died.
    Now this post I do disagree with.  There is a difference between posting someone’s tweets to show that this virus isn’t a hoax, and another to go down into the mud.
    Say whatever the fuck you want, people.  I threw in my two cents, so what?  Others did too, so what?  Goes with the territory here...most everywhere else too.

My goodness, everyone is so damn quick to fight and pout and point fingers.  Doesn't anyone get sick of it?

And SC, don't take the easy way out and snarkily guess.  Read for yourself and draw your own informed conclusions.  Should it pan out, gold star for you!
    This is nothing new folks.  A school is shot up but some punk and the Republicans say it is too soon to talk about gun control.  Someone dies from COVID two weeks after flaunting the fact that the virus was a hoax and it is somehow in poor taste to re-post those tweets.  

Republicans want to keep their heads buried in the sand until something else hits the news to distract people.  They can’t admit that they are on the wrong side of history on this (they know it), so they just attack the reality of the situation (just like Trump would do). 

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that although I obviously am more aligned with Democrat's views than I am with Republicans, I'm also kind of tired of the generalizing.  Let's face it, much as we might not want to admit it, there are Democrats who are so full of shit, they don't even know when there mouths are full of it.  And there are some Republicans who see a much better path than the one Trump is leading their party down.  Check this out:

I'm more and more disappointed with all this generalizing.  Dems, Reps, Progressives, Conservatives.  I thinks it's time to drop the label and let us become critical thinking individuals who can think for ourselves instead have always having to be on some "team", and work to do  what makes sense-  if for no other reason that than to avoid a civil war which no one will likely win.  Unless you want to see "all the dead  bodies piled up in mounds".

brianlux said:

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that although I obviously am more aligned with Democrat's views than I am with Republicans, I'm also kind of tired of the generalizing.  Let's face it, much as we might not want to admit it, there are Democrats who are so full of shit, they don't even know when there mouths are full of it.  And there are some Republicans who see a much better path than the one Trump is leading their party down.  Check this out:

I'm more and more disappointed with all this generalizing.  Dems, Reps, Progressives, Conservatives.  I thinks it's time to drop the label and let us become critical thinking individuals who can think for ourselves instead have always having to be on some "team", and work to do  what makes sense-  if for no other reason that than to avoid a civil war which no one will likely win.  Unless you want to see "all the dead  bodies piled up in mounds".
    Great post. Again. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    brianlux said:

Registered independent here, and I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but for what it’s worth, the dead bodies are already piling up. 
    brianlux said:

Registered independent here, and I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but for what it’s worth, the dead bodies are already piling up. 

Yeah, that's true.  I had Lou Reed playing in my head.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2020
    hedonist said:
    And SC, don't take the easy way out and snarkily guess.  Read for yourself and draw your own informed conclusions.  Should it pan out, gold star for you!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    brianlux said:

I don’t disagree with anything here.  I think we  need to be able to have honest conversations and be respectful.  We also have to have some thick skin though knowing we are not always going to agree. 
    brianlux said:

I don’t disagree with anything here.  I think we  need to be able to have honest conversations and be respectful.  We also have to have some thick skin though knowing we are not always going to agree. 
    Sometimes the method of disagreement is the problem, not the difference of opinions themselves. 

(I am not a rhinoceros but have learned to let many comments roll off me and away ;) )
    brianlux said:

Good points, bootlegger.  I think being respectful is the hardest part because so many of the issues we talk about are flash points and many of us (me included) can be quick to respond.  I'm trying to slow down my reactions and find ways to express myself that are honest, yet not inflammatory.  I'm very concerned that a lot of dialog anymore is doing little more than driving wedges as we dig in our heels.  That doesn't mean we have to say, "OK, I'll allow for some racism, just not too much," or "OK, we could let the planet warm 10 more degrees, just not 20," or "Alright, I can accept people carrying assault rifles in public, just not bazookas".   Unless we're talking to someone who is blatantly racist or hateful or wantonly  destructive or harmful, I think we can stand strong in what we believe without simply dismissing other viewpoints outright and being insulting in our response to them. 

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i will never forgive cain for things he said about hillary during the campaign.

i am not reveling in his death. i just don't care.

with his prior medical history he should have known better to not go to that rally without a mask.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    it is like when a guy jumps into the bear enclosure at the zoo and gets attacked by the bear and dies. at some point it is that person's own fault for putting themselves into that situation.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    brianlux said:

We agree often bri but on this one I need to respectfully disagree.

one “group of people” decided to turn a public health crisis into politics. And Mr Cain decided to take a very public stand against science and health.

Had this been an issue that affects only him I’d understand the call for his privacy. But Mr Cain took an aggressive position against known safety measures. This is even worse than him entering a lions cage or skydiving without a parachute, his actions directly affect all of us, and that is far worse.

Since he is a role model and others can look at him at the rally and think, “ see Herm Cain says it’s ok to be in large public gatherings without a mask“ his actions were dangerous and careless not only to himself but to anyone familiar with his actions. 

People are getting fed up with a “certain group of people” putting their own enjoyment ahead of our collective safety. I am not familiar with any way to fight back unless it be thru political discourse.
    do they have a flat tax in heaven? asking for a friend.

I don't know, but if there's one in hell I'll let you know.  :lol:

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    You have no friends going to heaven.  Just stop.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    brianlux said:

I don't know, but if there's one in hell I'll let you know.  :lol:
    It’s the 6-6-6 plan.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©