RIP Herman Cain of Godfathers Pizza

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    hrd2imgn said:
    He was a human being, regardless of what or why, sympathy would be the human response over hatred and serves you right mentality, I would hope this community reasponds with.  

So we should not mourn death of people whom die of things like drug overdoses, drunk drivers, suicides or any other persobal choice that led to their demise with that thinking  That is the message you are sending.  Shameful. You know what folks, if that is what you are about here nowadys, I'm out.  If hate is your mindset, then I am no longer interested in this community.  A guy dies and all you think about is tearing him apart and celebrating his demise.  Sad it has gone so.low here.
    If you were expecting Herman Cain tributes on this forum, I really would like you to share what you're smoking, because it sounds out of this solar system.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    hrd2imgn said:
    He was a human being, regardless of what or why, sympathy would be the human response over hatred and serves you right mentality, I would hope this community reasponds with.  

So we should not mourn death of people whom die of things like drug overdoses, drunk drivers, suicides or any other persobal choice that led to their demise with that thinking  That is the message you are sending.  Shameful. You know what folks, if that is what you are about here nowadys, I'm out.  If hate is your mindset, then I am no longer interested in this community.  A guy dies and all you think about is tearing him apart and celebrating his demise.  Sad it has gone so.low here.
    Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited August 2020
    dignin said:
    hrd2imgn said:

If you were expecting Herman Cain tributes on this forum, I really would like you to share what you're smoking, because it sounds out of this solar system.
    Nothing in this post suggested a want or expectation of tributes.  
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited August 2020
    hrd2imgn said:

I would venture to say the vast majority of us are sympathetic to the loss of people by all the means you mentioned.   If hate were the mindset of this community, I would have said "adios" a long time ago. 

Of course, I can only speak for myself, hrd2imgn .  I may not have been a fan of Herman Cain.  I may have disliked some of, or even most of his political views, but I would never revel in his demise.  Dying of COVID-19 sucks.  I do not wish that on anyone. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Big Bank Hank?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited August 2020
    dignin said:
    hrd2imgn said:

Did you read OP's first post? What else was the point of this thread then? Cause if it's not about a tribute, I have no idea what it's about, except yet another reason for a conservative to manufacture a way to cry victim.

I'm curious if anyone gets upset by the Darwin Award thread, because this is a similar vein.

Regardless, this thread has taken enough of my time. RIP to all the covid deniers and willful spreaders, you have my deepest sympathies.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    hrd2imgn said:

Did you read OP's first post? What else was the point of this thread then? Cause if it's not about a tribute, I have no idea what it's about, except yet another reason for a conservative to manufacture a way to cry victim.

I'm curious if anyone gets upset by the Darwin Award thread, because this is a similar vein.

Regardless, this thread has taken enough of my time. RIP to all the covid deniers and willful spreaders, you have my deepest sympathies.

If I remember correctly, David Hogg who survived Parkland and advocated for gun control, after witnessing the deaths of some of his classmates, took a shit ton of criticism and some acts, statements, declarations, etc. of no sympathy, as did some of the dead and their families and loved ones.

David Hogg and the victims of Parkland didn’t have a choice.

If you’re going to ignore the science and take your chances, good luck to you.

As an aside, I loved hearing Mr. Cain say 9-9-9. RIP.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    hrd2imgn said:

I was only trying to diffuse the situation. I meant no harm.
    Be safe everyone. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    hrd2imgn said:

He was a human being that ignored science. And worse yet used his position and his voice to try and get others to ignore science. Showing the truth is not tearing someone apart, unless of course the truth  shows how dumb someone is I guess.

no one is celebrating his demise. Just like I’m not going to celebrate his fucking moronic take on covid that got him killed and who knows how many others.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I don't see how posting a recent twitter comment of his is celebrating or somehow disrespectful. 
    edited August 2020
    Edited - Nevermind. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • I thought Cain was kind of a simpleton but he would have been a much better president than tRump.  I have no doubt about that.
    So would I have been.

Doesn't say much.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2020
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    hrd2imgn said:

I am curious about something here.  What makes Cain so singularly special that he earned a RIP thread over the other 150k Americans who have been said to have died as a result of covid? or the dead of any other country individually or collectively? hmm?

why is that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mickeyrat said:
    hrd2imgn said:

I am curious about something here.  What makes Cain so singularly special that he earned a RIP thread over the other 150k Americans who have been said to have died as a result of covid? or the dead of any other country individually or collectively? hmm?

why is that?
    Great ? I mean I feel for the family they all should realize that it didn’t have to have happened! It was a preventable death 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,385
    edited August 2020
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    hrd2imgn said:

Nail on the head. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    What the fuck, people?  So the OP liked Cain and wanted to post feelings about the man's death.  So the fuck what?  Jesus, give it a rest. If the same had happened to someone you admired, how would you feel if a bunch of people here jumped on your ass?  God damn, no wonder a lot of PJ fans hate AMT.  They probably feel like they are going to get jumped if they say the "wrong" thing.  And they are probably right.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    brianlux said:
    What the fuck, people?  So the OP liked Cain and wanted to post feelings about the man's death.  So the fuck what?  Jesus, give it a rest. If the same had happened to someone you admired, how would you feel if a bunch of people here jumped on your ass?  God damn, no wonder a lot of PJ fans hate AMT.  They probably feel like they are going to get jumped if they say the "wrong" thing.  And they are probably right.
    Nail on the head 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    AMT is the designated spot on the forum to discuss politics and current events. If people don’t want their thread to attract such discussion, best to go to AET. Not that there is a guarantee it won’t there, too, but with less justification. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Yeah political figure political speech political forum.  The guy put thousands of people at risk
    with his backwards ideas.  I feel sorry for he and his family especially since it was completely avoidable or at least could have had much lower risk just by wearing a mask instead of owning libs.  Condolences to his admirers he and his family.  Not his backwards beliefs.
    Scio me nihil scire

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited August 2020
    This is the political discussion board not the hugs and kisses board.
    Political discussion often results in disagreement and anger. 
    If someone wants to post something positive about a supporter of the current government their likely to get attacked.

static111 said:
    Yeah political figure political speech political forum.  The guy put thousands of people at risk
    with his backwards ideas.  I feel sorry for he and his family especially since it was completely avoidable or at least could have had much lower risk just by wearing a mask instead of owning libs.  Condolences to his admirers he and his family.  Not his backwards beliefs.
    Where did this “owning the libs” come from? From my point of view, all Dems and Republicans do is try to own the other side and point the finger at each other. Like a bunch of children. I’m not sure how it only pertains to one side. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    This is not the place to post anything remotely positive about a Republican figure or Republican politics.  To do so is the equivalent of swimming in shark infested waters. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    bbiggs said:
    This is not the place to post anything remotely positive about a Republican figure or Republican politics.  To do so is the equivalent of swimming in shark infested waters. 
    You are correct sir

However, if Dr. Fauci or Joe Biden said not to swim in shark infested waters the republicans would say "my body my choice" and jump in head first.
    bbiggs said:
    You are correct sir

However, if Dr. Fauci or Joe Biden said not to swim in shark infested waters the republicans would say "my body my choice" and jump in head first.
    However, if Donald Trump said not to swim in shark infested waters the Democrats would say “that’s racist" and jump in head first.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    Can’t stand the heat? Stay out of the kitchen.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Where did this “owning the libs” come from? From my point of view, all Dems and Republicans do is try to own the other side and point the finger at each other. Like a bunch of children. I’m not sure how it only pertains to one side. 
    He had another tweet with a picture of a satisfied Nicolas cage that said me when I walk by a lib without my mask or something like that.  It was too low brow for me to post here
    Scio me nihil scire

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,385

nicknyr15 said:
    bbiggs said:
    You are correct sir

However, if Donald Trump said not to swim in shark infested waters the Democrats would say “that’s racist" and jump in head first.

If that was the case, wouldn't democrats have stopped wearing masks once he finally got his head out of his ass and put one on?

The whole 'both sides are equally bad' argument is out the window these last few years; the cult of Trump is not politics as usual, and to dismiss the state of our government as such is some pretty serious denial. 

I hate extreme liberals too, I just don't think they are half as much a threat to our country as Trump's cult is.  

Can’t stand the heat? Stay out of the kitchen.
    Its more like, not many want to be bothered typing a response to someone who will never in a million years even entertain their point . It’s a waste of time. And I’d never be able to come up with nicknames as good as you. You are the nickname king, by far. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The last comment I’ll make on this topic, but to say that positive talk about the current administration will warrant an attack by this group is disingenuous.  It definitely would result in an attack, but any positive talk about a Republican past, present or future would result in the same.