RIP Herman Cain of Godfathers Pizza

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
edited August 2020 in A Moving Train
To a great American story of how hard work makes the American dream come true.  RIP Herman
Post edited by hrd2imgn on

Comments

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    edited July 2020
    @hrd2imgn What, seriously?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Really? Damn sad news RIP 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Herman Cain
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    This isn't about our former fellow AMT poster. This is about Herman Cain, founder of Godfather's Pizza, correct? Sorry for his family's loss. Bummer that he got sucked in with the covidiots and thought he was above wearing a mask.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I thought you were speaking of a former poster. 
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    hedonist said:
    Me too
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    edited July 2020
    yeah, would be good if they edited the title.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Damn really? Oh boy 
    Damn really? Oh boy 
    Hermann Cain
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Damn really? Oh boy 
    Hermann Cain
    No I know I’m just dismayed by the title too!
    mickeyrat said:
    Damn really? Oh boy 
    Hermann Cain
    No I know I’m just dismayed by the title too!
    gotcha.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    jeffbr said:
    This isn't about our former fellow AMT poster. This is about Herman Cain, founder of Godfather's Pizza, correct? Sorry for his family's loss. Bummer that he got sucked in with the covidiots and thought he was above wearing a mask.
    As a current resident of the city of Omaha, where Godfather's started, I can tell you that it was not Herman Cain who created the company. It was started by a local guy named Gregg Johnson who sold it to local guy Willie Thiessen in 1974 who then sold to Pillsbury in 1985 who brought in Cain in 1986 to run the company.
    We don't have much here besides Warren Buffet and the NCAA College World Series so they have to brag where they can.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    static111 said:

I think most of us know where he stood on this. Foolish as he was, It’d be nice to respect the intent of the OP. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    hedonist said:
    Me as well. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    It sucks any time someone dies of COVID-19, even those you don't side with.
    R.I.P. Herman Cain.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    9 9 9

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2020
    static111 said:

We have/had the same taste in movies.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    static111 said:

Classy. 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

Classy. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

The Democratic Hoax is deadly yo.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I thought Cain was kind of a simpleton but he would have been a much better president than tRump.  I have no doubt about that.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387

The Democratic Hoax is deadly yo.
    Hall of Fame tweet right there.
    I thought Cain was kind of a simpleton but he would have been a much better president than tRump.  I have no doubt about that.
    Low bar
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Every death is sad , Herman Cain constantly said  mask don't work , this was a hoax , numbers were inflated to hurt trump ect ect.

Went out with out a mask to large gatherings including the Trump Rally last month in OK.

It is sad that he passed but I don't have a ton of sympathy on this one. My hope is maybe just maybe this will get some others on the trump end to wear masks.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

Classy. 
    He said some pretty classy things for sure  

another classy one

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

Classy. 
    He said some pretty classy things for sure  

another classy one

And? Stooping to that level and pointing out a “gotcha” moment on a dead guy? I just think it’s unnecessary. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    I don't enjoy the idea of reveling anyone's death.  That said, I think, or at least hope, that there's some value in sharing the fact that someone calls it a hoax and then falls victim to it.  There are ways to do that without doing a touchdown dance and high-fiving.  Of course, you'll always be accused of it (to own the libs) but hey, here's a fairly well-loved right-winger saying all the shit all the right-wingers say. Sweet karma?  Not to me.  Valuable cautionary tale?  I think so.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    OnWis97 said:
    I don't enjoy the idea of reveling anyone's death.  That said, I think, or at least hope, that there's some value in sharing the fact that someone calls it a hoax and then falls victim to it.  There are ways to do that without doing a touchdown dance and high-fiving.  Of course, you'll always be accused of it (to own the libs) but hey, here's a fairly well-loved right-winger saying all the shit all the right-wingers say. Sweet karma?  Not to me.  Valuable cautionary tale?  I think so.
    Well said. Better to take the high road.