*** GUNS N' ROSES ***

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    30 days, one window only. Refund requests have to be in by 8/26.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    They aren't rescheduling the Tampa show, so I automatically am being refunded.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    At the risk of getting divorced, I'll probably just take the refund. 

Aug. 3, 2021 seems too soon.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Yep. Just because we may be able to start going back to shows doesn't mean we all are going to want to. I'd rather make a decision next summer than be out that money for a year.

hihobibo said:

Part of me kinda hoped this would be the case in Boston. Just refund me and be done with it.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    dankind said:

There'll be plenty of tix available next year and some real good ones close to show date assuming it goes off, so you can jump back in possibly with better seats if you want. Take the refund.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited July 2020
    fIf these shows are a go next summer I will definitely be doing the Fenway show. I have never seen them live and was always on the bucket list. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    That 30 day window does sound rough.    I'm basing the assumption that concerts (big arena/stadium full capacity shows) won't happen until the virus is licked.   Ergo a new refund window should pop up if/when it gets delayed a 2nd time?
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

There'll be plenty of tix available next year and some real good ones close to show date assuming it goes off, so you can jump back in possibly with better seats if you want. Take the refund.
    Exactly. If you have so-so tickets, I'd take the refund, and chance that you want to go next year closer to the date, and will be able to get better seats, possibly at a better rate.
    hihobibo said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

Exactly. If you have so-so tickets, I'd take the refund, and chance that you want to go next year closer to the date, and will be able to get better seats, possibly at a better rate.
    Taking the money. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    And run.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    hihobibo said:
    Same for the Seattle show.
    I still haven’t received a refund for the Fenway show. Pfft!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Got my refund for Fenway yesterday. That actually worked out a lot easier than I expected. 

JimmyV said:
    Got my refund for Fenway yesterday. That actually worked out a lot easier than I expected. 
    Finally! That took month, I think, from request to processed.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    anyone dig Izzy Stradlin's solo stuff? Listening to his acoustic record right now. if you like the blues, you'll dig it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

anyone dig Izzy Stradlin's solo stuff? Listening to his acoustic record right now. if you like the blues, you'll dig it. 
    Fuck yeah!

He was GNR's best songwriter. The shittiest thing to me about the whole money grab Not in This Lifetime tour was no Izzy songs, but fucking "Coma," "Estranged" and other wankfest numbers made the setlist.

Kind of glad I don't have to pay for it again, but my wife has attended so many shows with me that weren't particularly to her liking that it seems only fair that we check out her favorite band/guitarist whenever possible.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Fuck yeah!

He was GNR's best songwriter. The shittiest thing to me about the whole money grab Not in This Lifetime tour was no Izzy songs, but fucking "Coma," "Estranged" and other wankfest numbers made the setlist.

Kind of glad I don't have to pay for it again, but my wife has attended so many shows with me that weren't particularly to her liking that it seems only fair that we check out her favorite band/guitarist whenever possible.
    back in their heyday, i had no clue he was the brainchild behind most of their best songs. i realized it when i started paying attention to the liner notes and becoming interested in who wrote what. 

i do, however, as a bassist, love coma. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Coma is great. 
    Dan's a curmudgeon.
    I see that they also added "Locomotive" to the set list before lockdowns.

I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am at not having to hear that one.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited September 2020
    dankind said:
    I see that they also added "Locomotive" to the set list before lockdowns.

I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am at not having to hear that one.
    i dig the riff. the effects on axl's vocals are weird. but i like the song. live would probably sound good. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    Kool Ranch Dres’ing
  • Locomotive and Coma are two of their best imo
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Garden of Eden is one of my faves.Not sure why. Maybe the ridiculously simple video. Maybe the fast pace of the song. But I've always been drawn to it. 

juxtapose that with the slow heartbeat bass and droning of coma, with the dramatic crescendo, love them both. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    If Illusions 1 and 2 was just one album you’d have a strong argument for the best debut and follow up albums in rock history.  
    Besides it being their third release?
    I was really impressed when I saw them a few years ago.  I had not seen them since the Metallica tour in 91.  Axl sounded mediocre but he’s never had a good live voice.  But they were committed, playing three hours straight outdoors in Miami in August.  That’s not easy.  I’ve hated them for 25 years but I was so impressed with them that I was supposed to see them with the Pumpkins at National Stadium before the ‘Vid.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I saw them in Seattle, the first tour after they got back together.  It was pretty good, so good, that I felt it was almost too polished.  I felt like they predetermined who stands where, how long you spend on each side or the middle.   It felt a little a little too smooth :)

My favourite GNR show is actually a guns n replacements show.  It was in Edmonton around 2006.   It was old school Axl doesn't show up until after 12am kind of thing.   Any fan knows that and books the next day off work :)    The show was amazing.  We had such a good time.   It went until 2:30am in the arena.   Axl even did a Duet with Bubbles from trailer park boys.. lol.
    Zod said:
    I saw them in Seattle, the first tour after they got back together.  It was pretty good, so good, that I felt it was almost too polished.  I felt like they predetermined who stands where, how long you spend on each side or the middle.   It felt a little a little too smooth :)

My favourite GNR show is actually a guns n replacements show.  It was in Edmonton around 2006.   It was old school Axl doesn't show up until after 12am kind of thing.   Any fan knows that and books the next day off work :)    The show was amazing.  We had such a good time.   It went until 2:30am in the arena.   Axl even did a Duet with Bubbles from trailer park boys.. lol.
    My favorite was when I got to see them open for Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation.  They had something to prove and played like it.  

I didn’t think about the polished angle.  I had super low expectations because of my disdain for Axl so the fact that they were on time and played hard made it a winner. 
    Zod said:

same tour in winnipeg. fucking sebastian bach playing until midnight, then axl and co until 3. it was epic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    mrussel1 said:
    If Illusions 1 and 2 was just one album you’d have a strong argument for the best debut and follow up albums in rock history.  
    Besides it being their third release?
    Lies is 2 EPs combined.  Cp3 dont count that.