2021 European Tour Announcement

Comments

• AnglaisAnglais Posts: 83
    I wish the 10 Club would allow you to transfer tickets into someone else's name if you can't make a show rather than request a refund.

I have a Berlin ticket but i'm loosing it as my friend can't go so i'm now trying to source a ticket. My brother also needs one, so if anyone has any spares, please let me know, thank you  :)
  • cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113

Honest question, do we need to start a petition to ask 10c to allow transfer of tickets into someone else's name?? I think we do... all of this is hard enough as it is, ticket transfer would make it a lot easier...

• BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    Is really a mess,,dont know where to start really.
    after change of route im without of 5 tix cos friends i was gonna take their spares will not come from  usa this time after change the route,cant take that many days vacations.plus dont feel safe to travel.
    to do same shows,need 16 flights now than 13,need tto travel back to greece  4 times and return to europe,.
    i  can use only 4 vouchers,rest 7 are uselss cos airline doeasnt fly that desrtination of new route..3-4 flights arent out yet,,prices of airtickets are away up and vouchers cant cover the cost.
    same as hotel prices,1800 was total cost for hotel this year..same rooms,same places next year costs 2725 euros 
    i know all will work in the end,will cost away more,but its just money,,
    my problem is double..
    first,,this is no fun like before,,this unsafety feeling fucks all..and we cant be sure if this will happen..indoors shows,means vacciine,
    ,and isnt just on country,,we talkig for 10 plus different ones here,,what if germany allows shows but zurich  that week is the show bans concerts?we will travel to europe whit not know if next show is safe to happen..plus our health in risk.as i said..no fun at all..which is the most epic thing in tour planning..
    and second...if all cancels again,,the money part will be disaster.cos we will have hold our tix money for 2 years,with no shows,we will not get any refund or vouchers from airlines this time  which we alrerady paid more for those flights.
    and most important,,no pj live,,,again..
    in the back of my head i have the option,not do anything,skip next year...if i get vaccine,i may travel last min and do a couple of shows in safe counties.

Feeling similar was going to add Prague and get a refund on Budapest then just wait and decide what I'll do in march as we have till April to get refunds but I'm not sure if Prague will be refundable anybody any idea about that ?
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    after change of route im without of 5 tix cos friends i was gonna take their spares will not come from  usa this time after change the route,cant take that many days vacations.plus dont feel safe to travel.
    to do same shows,need 16 flights now than 13,need tto travel back to greece  4 times and return to europe,.
    i  can use only 4 vouchers,rest 7 are uselss cos airline doeasnt fly that desrtination of new route..3-4 flights arent out yet,,prices of airtickets are away up and vouchers cant cover the cost.
    same as hotel prices,1800 was total cost for hotel this year..same rooms,same places next year costs 2725 euros 
    my problem is double..
    first,,this is no fun like before,,this unsafety feeling fucks all..and we cant be sure if this will happen..indoors shows,means vacciine,
    ,and isnt just on country,,we talkig for 10 plus different ones here,,what if germany allows shows but zurich  that week is the show bans concerts?we will travel to europe whit not know if next show is safe to happen..plus our health in risk.as i said..no fun at all..which is the most epic thing in tour planning..
    and second...if all cancels again,,the money part will be disaster.cos we will have hold our tix money for 2 years,with no shows,we will not get any refund or vouchers from airlines this time  which we alrerady paid more for those flights.
    in the back of my head i have the option,not do anything,skip next year...if i get vaccine,i may travel last min and do a couple of shows in safe counties.

Aww man, am feeling for ya Dimi.. and you are right.. this time around, the fun element is definitely taken away. Am throwing in the towel on Prague also, under different circumstances i'd be doing that plus trying to add a few more ( at present just Zurich and Imola for me) But who knows how much flights will be come next year, and most importantly, where the planet is with regards to Covid. I think we can def. take comfort that 10c tix are money in the bank so to say.. cancelled flights/hotels are a different story.. woulda been happy also if they just pushed the tour back to 2022..( hope i don't sound negative, but i think it is definitely 50/50 if these shows can go ahead with regards to Covid.. i sincerely hope i'm wrong. Good luck with everything.
    They probably can’t do it due to contractual obligations but 2022 may have been safer, and I don’t think that it’s negative to feel this way
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    edited July 2020
    I really wouldn’t book any flights just yet. Also, you can take trains between a lot of the cities. Sure, it takes longer but so what, it’s a travel day anyway!
    Yes, definitely keep checking hotel prices, more hotels will open their 2021 schedule and there will hope be more moderate prices.
    A transfer between 10c members would be amazing and fair under these circumstances! 
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    my problem is double..

Aww man, am feeling for ya Dimi.. and you are right.. this time around, the fun element is definitely taken away. Am throwing in the towel on Prague also, under different circumstances i'd be doing that plus trying to add a few more ( at present just Zurich and Imola for me) But who knows how much flights will be come next year, and most importantly, where the planet is with regards to Covid. I think we can def. take comfort that 10c tix are money in the bank so to say.. cancelled flights/hotels are a different story.. woulda been happy also if they just pushed the tour back to 2022..( hope i don't sound negative, but i think it is definitely 50/50 if these shows can go ahead with regards to Covid.. i sincerely hope i'm wrong. Good luck with everything.
     to tell u the truth 2022 would feel better.cos till then all will be safer health wise and no fear of cancel again ,we would have all money back from tickets and airtickets  refunds than vouchers and we start planning from a clean start.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    The most immediate dilemma is whether to enter the draw for Prague.  If the world is back to normal it will be an epic show.  If the world is in bad shape it will probably be rescheduled with tickets valid for new date.  But the world might be somewhere in the middle.  The show might happen but it might not feel safe to travel or be there.  That could result in eating the cost.  It is unfortunate they are not setting up a fan to fan resale option for Prague or the other European shows.  Like many other people I was relying on someone else for at least one show and that person has decided to take the refund.  Why can’t he change it to my name.  Anyway the public sale addresses some of these issues but comes with the risk of bad or no seats.

I do not think anyone should buy flights until at least 6-9 months from now.  Some of the airlines may not even be in business next summer.  But free to cancel hotel reservations are another story.

Overall I am glad they are trying to make it work for 2021.  Even if we ultimately need to wait for 2022 it would be too depressing to know that now.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I am happy they are making a go of it for next year. My credits/vouchers are only good until next summer so it is 2021 or bust whether they decided to play or not. We all know the risks now of booking in advance and the chances of anything going next year. It is going to be one long wait to see if these shows will be happen but if they are that is pretty exciting news since that means we will hopefully have this virus under control.

My wife and I spent 30 mins looking at options last night. Again I am still a little baffled that my 3 shows which used to be in a 5 day span are now 3 in 24 days but going to Vienna and Prague over Budapest and Zurich I guess it could have been much worse. We were able to easily book some fairly cheap refundable hotels and nice locations for all 3 cities. I wanted to make the first show they played when they came back from this shit but there is no way I am making two trips to Europe especially when I expect a heavy run next fall in NA. This does feel different planning this trip compared to last. The fun is not the same but also it feels like the scramble and pressure is off too on getting deals etc. 

I have a thread up in G2F and know a lot of people will be looking for Vienna but if someone has a pair that they are selling hit me up with a PM!
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383
    my problem is double..

Feeling similar was going to add Prague and get a refund on Budapest then just wait and decide what I'll do in march as we have till April to get refunds but I'm not sure if Prague will be refundable anybody any idea about that ?

Pretty sure, Prague will only be refunded, if they have to cancel that show in 2021. 
    axeljohan said:
    my problem is double..

Pretty sure, Prague will only be refunded, if they have to cancel that show in 2021. 
    Yes I think so but as someone said above it could go ahead but with travel restrictions etc so bit of a gamble 
    axeljohan said:
    my problem is double..

Yes I think so but as someone said above it could go ahead but with travel restrictions etc so bit of a gamble 
    If there are travel restrictions in place I doubt the show goes on. There would be a reason for travel restrictions and imo they would be the same reason they will not have concerts. Pearl Jam are an American band and if their fans from the US or other countries can not go to Prague I doubt they do as well. 
  • EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 123
    edited July 2020
    I was only going to Berlin with a friend, and I'm keeping my tickets. I got no refund from airlines when they cancelled flights though I asked for it. Now, I'm "planning" to go to another show and enter for Praga or try to find one spare for Krakow (seems quite difficult) or Zurich, cos I've convinced my husband that if next year things are better and it's safe to travel we should have a family trip, but, anyway, if I get the ticket, won't book any flights or hotels till march-april.

Though I'm a little excited for the tour again there's a part of me that doesn't think it will take place. Hope I'm wrong and we will enjoy our favorite band and meanwhile I'll try to hold on to the other part of me that tries to be positive cos the worst thing for me now and what worries me the most is my kids not being able to play with other kids, going to parks or even school, that's why I try to stay positive about all this shit.

Post edited by EMC77 on
    PJNB said:
    axeljohan said:
    my problem is double..

If there are travel restrictions in place I doubt the show goes on. There would be a reason for travel restrictions and imo they would be the same reason they will not have concerts. Pearl Jam are an American band and if their fans from the US or other countries can not go to Prague I doubt they do as well. 
    I was thinking more of people's home counties for example currently in the UK if you travel to Spain you need to quarantine for 14 days on return what if that was czech Republic but I guess you are right if that was the situation the tour would probably be off
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

I do not think anyone should buy flights until at least 6-9 months from now.  Some of the airlines may not even be in business next summer.  But free to cancel hotel reservations are another story.

yeah.,.seeems that the way to go...however if all goes back to normal,lets say next march..and u try book flight then for june-july,u will pay doubl,e price the flight.its a gamble all at this point 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    PJNB said:
    axeljohan said:
    my problem is double..

I was thinking more of people's home counties for example currently in the UK if you travel to Spain you need to quarantine for 14 days on return what if that was czech Republic but I guess you are right if that was the situation the tour would probably be off
    Lets just hope we do not have to worry about that and this tour is a go! What shows are you doing?
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    axeljohan said:
    my problem is double..

Lets just hope we do not have to worry about that and this tour is a go! What shows are you doing?
    Had planned London vienna Budapest Krakow Berlin now thinking i'll cancel Budapest and add Prague the new route is a pain even for Europeans. What about you?
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    axeljohan said:
    my problem is double..

Had planned London vienna Budapest Krakow Berlin now thinking i'll cancel Budapest and add Prague the new route is a pain even for Europeans. What about you?
    It is not very travel friendly at all is it especially. The last 3 work the best for us right now and with Prague being on sale so soon I think we will commit to that. I did Prague 2018 solo and would be nice to see the city with my wife this time. That and the clock will be up and running! 
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153

yeah.,.seeems that the way to go...however if all goes back to normal,lets say next march..and u try book flight then for june-july,u will pay doubl,e price the flight.its a gamble all at this point 
    I've already brought my flights for Amsterdam, Berlin (x2), Copenhagen and Zurich.  All with the same UK budget airline for less than £350 for  the lot, I would miss it if I lost it but I'm lucky (I don't take that for granted) and it wouldn't break the bank, the flights either go and I'm on them or they get cancelled and I get a refund.  All hotels have been booked refundable so no risk there and all for less than this year except for Amsterdam.  It's a gamble but the odds are in my favour just got to sort out tickets after the Prague lottery as all f***ed up with ticket buddies going/ not going because of the date and order changes so will be looking for some (Krakow) and have extras elsewhere to trade.

Personally I think another postponement to 2022 will not happen as how much of the live music industry will survive for 2 years with no income to host the shows?  It is constantly on the news in UK that smaller venues and even some bigger ones are in real trouble already and those that work in them are having to move to other sectors so they can pay their mortgages. We hope for a restart in 2021 or I think we will be looking at a whole new scenario for live music into the future.
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    Anglais said:
    I wish the 10 Club would allow you to transfer tickets into someone else's name if you can't make a show rather than request a refund.

I have a Berlin ticket but i'm loosing it as my friend can't go so i'm now trying to source a ticket. My brother also needs one, so if anyone has any spares, please let me know, thank you  :)
    I agree we had London, Zurich and Budapest, now Zurich and Budapest are 16 days apart, would love to trade our Zurich for some Frankfurt or Copenhagen tickets..
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    axeljohan said:
    my problem is double..

It is not very travel friendly at all is it especially. The last 3 work the best for us right now and with Prague being on sale so soon I think we will commit to that. I did Prague 2018 solo and would be nice to see the city with my wife this time. That and the clock will be up and running! 
    I think I'll do the same Prague is good but wanted to see Budapest as its one on the list I've never been to was going to skip zurich and have a few days in Budapest. Probably just enter for Prague then decide the rest next March 

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited July 2020
    I’m guessing BST @ Hyde Park will be on Saturday, July 10th. When the festival organizers announce it I’ll get a ticket. Hotel in London wouldn’t give me a refund but received a voucher instead. So we will do London and Budapest and spend the rest of the time exploring Europe because that is a blast in itself! 

Take a challenge and turn it into a positive folks, the band is doing the best they can. As far as transferring tickets, it isn’t as easy as you would think. Can you imagine how much work there would be for the 10c staff to manage all that while already handling all the refund requests and putting those tickets back up for sale, etc? 

They are all scrambling as it is.... and doing a fantastic job might I add. If you can’t go, request a refund and let the tickets go back in the lottery. It’s the fairest way to approach this, for everyone. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • CarisaJCarisaJ Posts: 65
    PJNB said:

Agreed. And if there (still) are travel restrictions, I don't see how the the band and the crew could go on tour in the first place as they would be affected by it as everyone else.

I only have a ticket for Frankfurt. I would like to go the first Amsterdam show but I don't have a ticket.
    But I will take the gamble and try for Prague.

I totally understand the frustration of everyone who had everything planned out and now the route changed and it doesn't work anymore.
  • karl_chihirokarl_chihiro Posts: 430
    edited July 2020
    EMC77 said:
    I was only going to Berlin with a friend, and I'm keeping my tickets. I got no refund from airlines when they cancelled flights though I asked for it.

Dude, I must be the luckiest guy here cause I´ve had those flights from Madrid to Berlín and back refunded.

I´m going with a friend too and we´re not really worried about next year if this show must be on 2022.
    No hotel reservations, no flights yet.

But I tell you this: if we are healthy and cool will be there, I swear to God.
    No matter what weI´ll be there.
    The only thing I care is the safety of everybody and wellness of peolpe around the globe who wants to enjoy this tour and people who do not.

Stay safe you all.

Post edited by karl_chihiro on
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 123
    mrk2 said:
    Found some old seating chart for 2018 by googling. And it seems they had the floor split in two equally sized sections, Stani 1 and Stani 2. So you need the more expensive ticket to the front section. 

That's what I wanted to know ;)

Hopefully it will be the same this time.
    I found this however (the 2021 image).

Looks like no different space for 10C this time
  • princess_unikittyprincess_unikitty Wales Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    Does anyone know what happens to the 10C tickets that are refunded? Are they re-sold through the normal ticketing sites?
    Or, is anyone selling two tickets for Vienna? 
    Post edited by princess_unikitty on
    Pearl Jam: Milton Keynes - 11th July 2014 § Prague - 1st July 2018 § Krakow - 3rd July 2018 § 
    Eddie Solo: Amsterdam - 10th June 2019
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Does anyone know what happens to the 10C tickets that are refunded? Are they re-sold through the normal ticketing sites?
    Hi there - I have 2 seated tickets for Vienna that I cannot use. It is my eldest daughter's 21st so no way I can go and wouldn't want to.  Haven't worked out what to do yet as they are public seats from Eventim who only offer a voucher!  They are print at home tickets in Block 66 Seats 502 & 501 so slightly side on Mike's side.  
  • one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    For anyone who wants to risk/book early/cheap - the two direct flight(s) from Vienna to Krakow on July 22nd are now available through Austrian Airlines :)
    edited July 2020
    one_stone said:
    For anyone who wants to risk/book early/cheap - the two direct flight(s) from Vienna to Krakow on July 22nd are now available through Austrian Airlines :)
    Already booked. Fuck it at this point. It is either I am going on this trip in 2021 seeing Pearl Jam or I am going on it not seeing them. If I can't fly again at all due to covid I am willing to risk it right now that that will not happen. I know the risk and feel good about this at that price.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited July 2020
    PJNB said:
    one_stone said:
    Already booked. Fuck it at this point. It is either I am going on this trip in 2021 seeing Pearl Jam or I am going on it not seeing them. If I can't fly again at all due to covid I am willing to risk it right now that that will not happen. I know the risk and feel good about this at that price.  
    I agree.  We won’t know anything for sure six months from now either.  Might as well book now if a good price.  I am booking only refundable hotels that don’t require any upfront payment.  Will book $600 or so of interior flights.  I can live with a $600 loss.  The big ticket item will be the Delta flight to and from Europe.  I will probably wait until Nov/December to book it.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    Thanks for the heads up!
This discussion has been closed.