The Golf Thread

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Yooooooo hahahahaha Bryson is such a turd.

And it moved the cut line and Tiger is inside
    He made the cut. I was watching at work and it got busy, didn't see him birdie 7 & 8. Figured he was out.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Tiger and Brooks this morning?

Fuck Bryson!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Tony Finau.....local kid from the part of town where all the murders happen. No silver spooner, this guy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    dublin was the next town over from me, growing up.

back then, it was all corn fields.......dinosaurs, too.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wow....I quit watching. Finau goes from 3 up to 4 back.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    One of the only muni guys on tour. No one doesn’t like Finau
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I’ll never forget him rolling his ankle and popping it back in. That aside the dude has game and a likable guy 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Weather delay
    Fire ants.  What a god damn tool
    edited July 2020
    Excited to be playing this place for the first time on Saturday
     https://www.heronglen.com/Course-Photographs

One of the top 2 or 3 public courses in Jersey
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Played with some buddies yesterday.  We pair up well to gamble (I'm not a big gambler on the course) because two of them play at about a 5 and my other buddy and I play to about a 10-12 right now.  Played a $20 Nassau...20 front, 20 back, 20 total.  We got smoked on the front.  Thought best case we'd win the back and still lose total.  We ended up coming out super hot on the back, had a bunch of presses, re-presses, side bets, etc.  It was a shit show.  It comes down to 17 and 18 where I was last to putt and each time they were $40 putts.  Given the amount we started out betting, it felt big.  17 was about 12 feet and had to play it about 18 inches out due to the break.  18 was a 5 footer that I had to play about two cups out, firm.  Not easy putts.  Somehow, managed to drop them both and followed it up with a whole bunch of shit talking.  We won the back, total and other bets as a result.  It was awesome!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Fire ants.  What a god damn tool
    He is the absolute worst.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Excited to be playing this place for the first time on Saturday
     https://www.heronglen.com/Course-Photographs

One of the top 2 or 3 public courses in Jersey

That course looks awesome! 
    bbiggs said:
    Played with some buddies yesterday.  We pair up well to gamble (I'm not a big gambler on the course) because two of them play at about a 5 and my other buddy and I play to about a 10-12 right now.  Played a $20 Nassau...20 front, 20 back, 20 total.  We got smoked on the front.  Thought best case we'd win the back and still lose total.  We ended up coming out super hot on the back, had a bunch of presses, re-presses, side bets, etc.  It was a shit show.  It comes down to 17 and 18 where I was last to putt and each time they were $40 putts.  Given the amount we started out betting, it felt big.  17 was about 12 feet and had to play it about 18 inches out due to the break.  18 was a 5 footer that I had to play about two cups out, firm.  Not easy putts.  Somehow, managed to drop them both and followed it up with a whole bunch of shit talking.  We won the back, total and other bets as a result.  It was awesome!
    Awesome story.  You'll be thinking about those putts for years. 
    edited July 2020

Well, I'm going to give Ireland another shot for 2021.  Was supposed to be over there this month but obviously that didn't happen.  I've called and got a tee time on July 3rd for Royal Portrush.  Got on the waitlist for Royal County Down.  I'm willing to roll the dice on greens fees.   Only 11 months and a vaccine is in the way.

Oh, and Bryson is a tool.   He'll probably mature some more though through his career.  He dresses like a Payne Stewart and maybe he'll mature later in his career like Payne. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited August 2020
    Played Mickelson National today. Lefty’s brand new course (opened in June) just west of Calgary. Letting the public play for a while before it becomes fully private. Wide fairways with tough bunkers and really tricky greens. The hope is that the Canadian Open will be played here in the future (which would be awesome). 

Here is a pic of 17, tough par 3.  Crazy Green. Rockies in the distance.

It's officially major championship week
    Played Mickelson National today. Lefty’s brand new course (opened in June) just west of Calgary. Letting the public play for a while before it becomes fully private. Wide fairways with tough bunkers and really tricky greens. The hope is that the Canadian Open will be played here in the future (which would be awesome). 

Looks great.  How are the courses up in Jasper and Banff?  Have you played them?  I was up there back in 2011 and would have loved to play the Banff course.
    bflynn1 said:
    It's officially major championship week
    Finally.... I don't recall seeing much of Harding Park so looking forward to it. 

That's a beautiful looking course. What's the distance on that hole? It looks lengthy at first but then when I blow the picture up it looks really short....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Pretty god damn pumped for this.  Took the ESPN+ plunge.  Cancel anytime, so if anything it's $5 to watch this. PGA Tour Live is going to ESPN+ next season, so I'll have it then anyway. Just need to cancel NBC Sports Gold
    Pretty god damn pumped for this.  Took the ESPN+ plunge.  Cancel anytime, so if anything it's $5 to watch this. PGA Tour Live is going to ESPN+ next season, so I'll have it then anyway. Just need to cancel NBC Sports Gold
    Just did the same exact thing.  Upgraded my Disney+ package to the bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu....only $6 more per month.  Prime time golf the next few days is going to be great!
    Just did the same exact thing.  Upgraded my Disney+ package to the bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu....only $6 more per month.  Prime time golf the next few days is going to be great!
    Nice...yeah, we get Hulu through Sprint so that works, but you can't beat that deal for that much content.  Hell yeah, pumped for some west coast golf.

Nice...yeah, we get Hulu through Sprint so that works, but you can't beat that deal for that much content.  Hell yeah, pumped for some west coast golf.

I just realized today that I had it. Logged into it using my regular ESPN account. 

Really like this course
    chinese-happy.jpg
    SF is incredibly fucked up.....but it’s also incredibly gorgeous. great place to drink and catch a giants game.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    SF is incredibly fucked up.....but it’s also incredibly gorgeous. great place to drink and catch a giants game.
    Have you ever played Harding?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bryson is the worst.  That is all.
    I've loved the all day coverage but some of this camera work has been God awful
    bflynn1 said:
    I've loved the all day coverage but some of this camera work has been God awful
    I had Phil +160 ML vs Rahm so this featured match stuff was real fun....until the last few holes. The hell was he thinking not just punching out on 15 (think it was 15)?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Looks great.  How are the courses up in Jasper and Banff?  Have you played them?  I was up there back in 2011 and would have loved to play the Banff course.
    I have played Jasper Park Lodge course many times (I grew up in Hinton,  just outside the park). It’s a great course. Also play Hinton! Surprisingly difficult course. 

I have not played Banff Springs yet. But I can tell you that Kananaskis is amazing and there are about 6 courses just on the other side of the border in British Columbia which are amazing. Particularly the Grey Wolf course in Panorama and Eagle Ranch and Copper Poiint in Invermere. The season is a little longer on the west side of the Rockies as well.

When the border opens up plan yourself a golf trip! It’s likely we could even play a round or two. 👍