what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Life, death, family, dear friends.

Second chances, missed opportunities, loss. 

Sadness, hope, anger, gratitude.

A lot, I suppose.  
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    deadendp said:
    The condition is severely not good. We wait for the phone to ring while trying to concentrate on summer school lessons. 

My brother did right his asshole-ishness wrongs. 
    I hope you got better news about your FIL tonight. My thoughts are with you and your family. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    deadendp said:
    The condition is severely not good. We wait for the phone to ring while trying to concentrate on summer school lessons. 

My brother did right his asshole-ishness wrongs. 
    Sending much love and positive vibes to your FIL and to your family.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Love  as always to all of my friends who are in a hole at the moment. 
    One foot in front of the other sometimes is all we can do.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    deadendp said:
    Volleyball net. (Probably the same thing.) We have it folded in half because we don't have the room for a full net. 

It's a very wise saying. Dude has been a pain since we moved in. He thinks he can either schmooze you, bully you or just take over and get whatever he wants. Um, no. We stopped taking his shit and then we are the bad guys. Oh, well. I wish him well, but it doesn't mean I wish to be friends with him. If he were injured, I wouldn't hesitate to help. If he were hot, I'm not going to go offer him a cold glass of lemonade. 
    @deadendp I completely forgot to respond to your last comment here. My apologies! Sounds like you're doing well taking the high road with your neighbour. I hope you continue to do so. Kill em' with kindness!
    I got the job that I interviewed for also.  =)
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

For @Hobbes . :kiss:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    I have uttered the word fucknuttery so many times in the last few days, that it is beginning to lose meaning. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Unban demetrios
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Pap said:
    Unban demetrios
    +1
    Kearnsy
    Pap said:
    Unban demetrios
    Was chatting with D via Twitter. He'll be back shortly. 
    deadendp said:
    Pap said:
    Unban demetrios
    Great news! :smiley:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    That it's a pretty shitty look to have a Black Lives Matter thread closed down on your fan club's web page.

Only the best fans, those Pearl Jam fans.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    That it's a pretty shitty look to have a Black Lives Matter thread closed down on your fan club's web page.

It appears to be up and running again.

You know what?  I didn't need to tap into anyone's bail fund yesterday.  :triumph: 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

You know what?  I didn't need to tap into anyone's bail fund yesterday.  :triumph: 
    Go Amy! At least you got through that ordeal. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited July 2020
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

Though the mask covers 3/4 of my face, M could see that I was seething.  I behaved well enough though.  He thanked me.  

I tell you, when my SIL left the house, you could see the tension leaving with her.  My MIL was a much different person and was able to sit and breathe.  I think she was lonely last night.  She phoned M and talked to him for an hour and a half last night. 

Finally, to my SIL who did nothing but cause heartache and made me ugly cry this week when she banned us from the house next week when she and the girls are in --  FUCK YOU!  Fuck you and all of your fucking issues.  Fuck your "all about me" and your "well, I'm paying for it" and if I hear that you "don't have coronavirus" one more time when you come back, I am not going to guarantee that I will maintain funeral politeness.  WEAR YOUR FUCKING MASK AND THINK OF YOUR MOTHER WHO LOST HER HUSBAND AS OPPOSED TO SPINNING EVERYTHING INTO A SUCCESS STORY ABOUT YOUR FUCKING MARATHON RUNNING! 

Thank you.  I needed to vent a lil more.  :kiss: 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

Though the mask covers 3/4 of my face, M could see that I was seething.  I behaved well enough though.  He thanked me.  

I tell you, when my SIL left the house, you could see the tension leaving with her.  My MIL was a much different person and was able to sit and breathe.  I think she was lonely last night.  She phoned M and talked to him for an hour and a half last night. 

Finally, to my SIL who did nothing but cause heartache and made me ugly cry this week when she banned us from the house next week when she and the girls are in --  FUCK YOU!  Fuck you and all of your fucking issues.  Fuck your "all about me" and your "well, I'm paying for it" and if I hear that you "don't have coronavirus" one more time when you come back, I am not going to guarantee that I will maintain funeral politeness.  WEAR YOUR FUCKING MASK AND THINK OF YOUR MOTHER WHO LOST HER HUSBAND AS OPPOSED TO SPINNING EVERYTHING INTO A SUCCESS STORY ABOUT YOUR FUCKING MARATHON RUNNING! 

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father-in-law.  Sending love and light to you all ❤️

P. S. Post here if you need help with your bail fund😁
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

Ugh.  You're amazing.

That you kept it together through all that fuckery speaks further volumes about your character.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Having one of those sweet nights, where everything seems to be in its right place and time :)

Pap said:
    deadendp said:
    Pap said:
    Unban demetrios
    And... He's back! :smile:
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    deadendp said:
    Pap said:
    Unban demetrios
    And... He's back! :smile:
    Always good to see. :smile:
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Thinking about life's next steps.
  • Thinking about life's next steps.
    That sounds positive... I'm watching Vertigo, such a great film!

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Thinking about life's next steps.
    That sounds positive... I'm watching Vertigo, such a great film!

Hopefully it will be positive. Just have a lot of big decisions to make.
  • Sounds exciting...
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    When will Pearl Jam be able to get out on the road and support this fantastic album they recently released? 

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    deadendp said:

For @Hobbes . :kiss:
    Just seeing this now. :smiley:
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    edited July 2020
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..