Options

First....a band. Second.......their best album.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,437
    Off the top of my head this album for this Band:

The Police T-Shirt  Ghost In The Machine Album Art The Police Shirt

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    Before Snow Patrol became popular in the US.  This is practically a coin flip with Songs for Polarbears, but I enjoy this one just a little bit more.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    JY154170JY154170 Posts: 18
    cutz said:
    Off the top of my head this album for this Band:

The Police T-Shirt  Ghost In The Machine Album Art The Police Shirt

Such a tough call for The Police... depending on the day I could go with any of the five... but if I had to pick for me its Zenyatta Mondatta.  But Ghost in the Machine is great!

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,437

Bridge of Sighs Robin Trower album - Wikipedia

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    I can’t remember if REM has been posted, but this my humble opinion

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,035

Great album. Tough call between this and How Will I Laugh.... but this is a stronger record. The songs are still relevant to this day (unfortunately really). 

"The mountain won't come to Mohamed.  If we keep our fingers crossed maybe he'll bomb it?!?"
    Discos out, Murders In. 
    On its own that lyric can be interpreted however you want. In the context of the song it makes complete sense (to me anyways).
    That song didn’t come to mind when I was posting, however it is definitely relevant, and the lyric is tongue-in-cheek. “it’s got to be violent to make it a highlight” is in the next verse. 

I had these songs more in mind :
    Give it Revolution, Send Me Your Money, Alone, Lovely, Emotion No. 13.

As a young man the song Alone in particular helped me through some very difficult times. 
    Disco's out was always my go to.  Go'n Breakdown and of course Bring me Down.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Great album. Tough call between this and How Will I Laugh.... but this is a stronger record. The songs are still relevant to this day (unfortunately really). 

"The mountain won't come to Mohamed.  If we keep our fingers crossed maybe he'll bomb it?!?"
    Discos out, Murders In. 
    On its own that lyric can be interpreted however you want. In the context of the song it makes complete sense (to me anyways).
    That song didn’t come to mind when I was posting, however it is definitely relevant, and the lyric is tongue-in-cheek. “it’s got to be violent to make it a highlight” is in the next verse. 

I had these songs more in mind :
    Give it Revolution, Send Me Your Money, Alone, Lovely, Emotion No. 13.

As a young man the song Alone in particular helped me through some very difficult times. 
    Disco's out was always my go to.  Go'n Breakdown and of course Bring me Down.
    Gold man! Spun the wax tonight 👍

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Really tough call.... but I dig this album the most I figger