Options

Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Surely the trade rumors will begin to swirl again.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Marquee Sports Network....this isn't off to a great start so far. Well, maybe it is, but I can't really say. Still 3 weeks until the season starts, but as of now, there is no way to watch the games for users of Dish Network. This is annoying. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited March 2020
    Streaming bro.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    Well, baseball after all. Not sure what this season means. Probably nothing unless your team wins. But otherwise, I think this season will be a giant *
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Well, baseball after all. Not sure what this season means. Probably nothing unless your team wins. But otherwise, I think this season will be a giant *
    Even for a shortened season with all the dumb rules, i'm def looking forward to it!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mca47 said:
    Even for a shortened season with all the dumb rules, i'm def looking forward to it!
    I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I'd be shocked if they get 60 games in.  Pro sports are going to have a tough time as these continued cases pop up.  Even pro golf is experiencing weekly challenges and that's not a team sport.  Hope to be wrong.

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    mca47 said:
    I don't mean to sound like a downer, but I'd be shocked if they get 60 games in.  Pro sports are going to have a tough time as these continued cases pop up.  Even pro golf is experiencing weekly challenges and that's not a team sport.  Hope to be wrong.

You're probably right.  
    Three teams today announced staff members testing positive.  Gonna be a long shot for sure!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452

even if your team (cubs) wins. big asterisk. what if cleveland ends the drought? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lol...this would be the type of season where Cleveland finally does win it. 
  • Options
    We might get to see the first/only .400 batter in our lifetimes.  But I bet we still won't with the current home-run-or-nothing menatlity.
  • Options
    I'd call him a *.400 batter.
  • Options
    Roughly 7% through the season and the Marlins, Cubs and Padres are leading their divisions.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Enjoyed The Mayor of Rush Street.
    Bout time for a Harry documentary.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Malroth said:
    I didn't catch this.  What channel was it on?

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:
    I didn't catch this.  What channel was it on?

Marquee.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,647
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    ^ That was good. 
  • Options
    NL Central Champions! 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    I imagine yu or lester or rizzo or bryant or someone makes more $$$$ than all of the marlins combined.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Now you can add a new team to your list of favorite teams!
  • Options
    mvw said:
    "Why doesn't Clark the mascot wear pants?"   I lost my shit on that one.  It's so true.  Cubs fans are so pissed off that a) the team even has a mascot and b) that he doesn't wear pants.  Know who else doesn't wear pants? Damn near every other MLB mascot.
  • Options
    Goodbye and thanks for the ring, Theo. 

Hope this doesn't mean no more PJ Wrigley shows.
  • Options
    Len Kasper....wtf? 

Not that I could watch them on TV anymore anyway. I mean, I could stream and all that shit, but I'm not doing it. I'm not switching providers either, just because the Cubs wanted to make it so difficult to watch. It's their organization and their prerogative to do so, so I'm not mad at them. But I'm also not going to follow them around like an ex-boyfriend who is being strung along.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Len Kasper....wtf? 

Not that I could watch them on TV anymore anyway. I mean, I could stream and all that shit, but I'm not doing it. I'm not switching providers either, just because the Cubs wanted to make it so difficult to watch. It's their organization and their prerogative to do so, so I'm not mad at them. But I'm also not going to follow them around like an ex-boyfriend who is being strung along.

I guess he didn't want to be part of the right wing propaganda on the Marquee network anymore.  And wear a suit and tie for every game which was crazy.  That is pretty surprising and definitely seems like a step down to go to radio from TV.  But as a Sox fan, I'm just happy that radio broadcasts will be listenable again.....they've been rough the past few years.
  • Options
    Len Kasper....wtf? 

I guess he didn't want to be part of the right wing propaganda on the Marquee network anymore.  And wear a suit and tie for every game which was crazy.  That is pretty surprising and definitely seems like a step down to go to radio from TV.  But as a Sox fan, I'm just happy that radio broadcasts will be listenable again.....they've been rough the past few years.
    I guess I didn't realize that about the Marquee network...though I'm not surprised with the Ricketts and all. I did see a game while at the in-laws and noticed them wearing suits. I remember thinking it was odd, but didn't know it was a requirement for them daily. That is very lame!

Congrats on your addition. Len is good. Not great, but definitely good.
  • Options
    Who knows what drove his decision.  I personally don't care about the politics of him or the Marquee network and that has never crept into my mind as I'm watching a game, luckily.  Len is a good dude and I enjoyed him calling games.  I wonder who they'll replace him with.  Hopefully Deshaies sticks around.  Lot of changes within the organization on the north side.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    bbiggs said:
    Who knows what drove his decision.  I personally don't care about the politics of him or the Marquee network and that has never crept into my mind as I'm watching a game, luckily.  Len is a good dude and I enjoyed him calling games.  I wonder who they'll replace him with.  Hopefully Deshaies sticks around.  Lot of changes within the organization on the north side.

I was just joking with that comment.  I always bust my friends balls by referring to them as the MAGA Cubs and their right wing network....I highly doubt that would have anything to do with it.  I'm mainly just salty that my cable bill went up $6 a month for that nonsense and I have no option to not pay for it!
  • Options
    ^ Too funny. Agreed on the increased cable bill. The Cubs organization just keeps digging deeper into fans’ pockets between ticket prices, concessions, merch, parking and now just to watch them on TV. Crazy 
  • Options
    Len was ok.  He, IMO, was a pretty boring play by play guy.
    His jokes were terrible and his "kill time" was horrendous.  That said, he seemed like a good dude.