Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    bbiggs said:
    ^ 30 grams lighter?!  Wow.  I dropped 15 grams last year and couldn't do it.  In fact, it ruined my game so much that I sold the clubs mid-season.  Went back to 130 gram shaft and was throwing darts immediately.  Problem solved and lesson learned.  I do not get along with light iron shafts at all for some reason and I'm not even a power guy.  My swing speed is moderate (~85 mph 6 iron).
    Yeah I was using 132g and went to 104g. I tested it out in a fitting first and I was surprised that I was able to use it. I know what you mean though. I was skeptical that I'd be able to control it like I'd want to out on the course but it works. So kudos to the fitting guy for knowing his stuff. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    ^ 30 grams lighter?!  Wow.  I dropped 15 grams last year and couldn't do it.  In fact, it ruined my game so much that I sold the clubs mid-season.  Went back to 130 gram shaft and was throwing darts immediately.  Problem solved and lesson learned.  I do not get along with light iron shafts at all for some reason and I'm not even a power guy.  My swing speed is moderate (~85 mph 6 iron).
    Yeah I was using 132g and went to 104g. I tested it out in a fitting first and I was surprised that I was able to use it. I know what you mean though. I was skeptical that I'd be able to control it like I'd want to out on the course but it works. So kudos to the fitting guy for knowing his stuff. 
    Top notch fitter for sure. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    This is a major leaderboard 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    bflynn1 said:

Treated myself to some new irons a couple weeks ago and they just arrived today. Just in time to put them in play this weekend with my dad for his birthday. 
    Those are sick. Think you posted those wedges before and they are sweet. 

Buying myself a toy tomorrow as well

who knew cliffy was a 1%er? he’s cool for a guy with that kind of dough.

and.....when is it ever not a good time for a “fuck tiger”?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    my work cart.....cuz I don’t give a shit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    bflynn1 said:

Treated myself to some new irons a couple weeks ago and they just arrived today. Just in time to put them in play this weekend with my dad for his birthday. 
    Those are sick. Think you posted those wedges before and they are sweet. 

Buying myself a toy tomorrow as well

who knew cliffy was a 1%er? he’s cool for a guy with that kind of dough.

and.....when is it ever not a good time for a “fuck tiger”?
    Lol...not exactly. I am pretty cool though
  • Options
    This leaderboard...good god
    I got Jordan and Rory for top 5 finishes. So far so good!

Yeah nice cart. How many blocks from the beach are you?
    We’re not really waking distance. More for our community which has pools and all. We typically go to the cape May lighthouse beach, unless we want to swim, then just cape May 
  • Options
    Kid can ball. Glad he’s healthy. A really good win. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Brutal for Morikawa.  But that dude is going to win a lot of tournaments....his iron play is incredible.  Hasn't missed a cut since he turned pro last year too.

It's going to be a weird season without the fans but great that every tournament is going to be stacked with top players.  Going to feel like a major just about every week.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Imagine the groan from the gallery on those missed putts...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Daniel Berger snagged a cool 2 mil the last couple weeks
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    Oh man. Had myself a day today. Outside shot to tie my best round ever (83). Entered 18 with an 80. Finished with....a fucking 88. Mother fucker. I'll take it though. Glorious day today. Low 80's, low humidity, slight breeze. That's golf weather, gentlemen.

Also won our front 9 bet with a chip in for bird on 9. It was the stuff legends are made of. I think Golf Channel will mention it this evening. Tune in. 

God speed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh man. Had myself a day today. Outside shot to tie my best round ever (83). Entered 18 with an 80. Finished with....a fucking 88. Mother fucker. I'll take it though. Glorious day today. Low 80's, low humidity, slight breeze. That's golf weather, gentlemen.

Also won our front 9 bet with a chip in for bird on 9. It was the stuff legends are made of. I think Golf Channel will mention it this evening. Tune in. 

God speed. 
    Snowman! Sounds lovely. I need to get out
  • Options
    If Phil wins the us open, does it count? 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    edited June 2020
    For sure.  Unlikely any amateur qualifier would ever win.  
  • Options
    But he wouldn’t even be in it if it weren’t an invitational 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

God speed. 
    Brutal!  Had something similar a couple weeks ago....was on my way to breaking 90 for the first time in a couple years and ended the round with back to back 8s for a 93.  Back to back snowmen....unreal.  Turns out drinking 7% IPAs on the course loosens you up a little too much on the back 9.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • Options

God speed. 
    Brutal!  Had something similar a couple weeks ago....was on my way to breaking 90 for the first time in a couple years and ended the round with back to back 8s for a 95.  Turns out drinking 7% IPAs on the course loosens you up a little too much on the back 9.
    Learned that lesson long ago.  I drink Miller Lite or Coors Light on the course for this reason.  The right number of beers doesn't hurt me, but there comes a point of diminishing returns unless you're just out there to party.  Maybe an APA like Daisy Cutter or something with low ABV. 

• Options
    bbiggs said:

God speed. 
    Brutal!  Had something similar a couple weeks ago....was on my way to breaking 90 for the first time in a couple years and ended the round with back to back 8s for a 93.  Turns out drinking 7% IPAs on the course loosens you up a little too much on the back 9.
    Learned that lesson long ago.  I drink Miller Lite or Coors Light on the course for this reason.  The right number of beers doesn't hurt me, but there comes a point of diminishing returns unless you're just out there to party.  Maybe an APA like Daisy Cutter or something with low ABV. 

Yeah.  It was a beautiful Saturday and things got a little out of hand....the Hop Butcher hazy IPAs were really flowing!  Fist City is my new golf beer.....I'll save the really good stuff for after the round.  
  • Options
    But he wouldn’t even be in it if it weren’t an invitational 
    I get it.  You never know, he may have played his way in at a local qualifier.  
  • Options
    edited June 2020

God speed. 

Those are the rounds that make you just want to come back right away or play another 18.  

I played last weekend and shot an 82 on a par 70 (I've never broke 80 so a really great score for me).  After not hitting a single fairway the last time I played, and honestly having no clue how I ever would again, I was able to hit 11 of 14 fairways this time.  And these were solid drives too.  I just couldn't hit my irons and ended up in five bunkers.  Golf is a mindf*ck. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Just washed the golf cart.  Looking like a snack.
  • Options
    I want to play golf, drink beers, smoke and shoot a bad score 
  • Options
    I want to, and am doing, one of those things.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I'll for sure being doing the first 2 tomorrow and possibly the 3rd.  But hopefully not the 4th.  This is the most golf I've played in years and it is fucking awesome.  I have a great public course less than a mile from my house....greens fess are reasonable and it is in excellent shape.  Can't beat it.
  • Options
    I'll for sure being doing the first 2 tomorrow and possibly the 3rd.  But hopefully not the 4th.  This is the most golf I've played in years and it is fucking awesome.  I have a great public course less than a mile from my house....greens fess are reasonable and it is in excellent shape.  Can't beat it.
    Quite jealous. Playing less golf than I have in 10 years. 
  • Options
    Nothing better than an inexpensive muni in good shape.
  • Options
    my muni:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    That’s glorious. Except for the snakes. Fuck those things 
  • Options
    I think I've asked before, but where do you play?