'Behind the Glass: Soul to Soul With Steve Gleason'

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,320
edited May 2020 in The Porch

NEW ORLEANS, May 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Team Gleason announces that the organization's founder, Steve Gleason, will launch a limited interview series: "Behind the Glass: Soul to Soul with Steve Gleason." Gleason, who lives with ALS, has been mostly quarantined since the COVID crisis began. This series was born out of an effort to bring more awareness to ALS while adding a creative element of entertainment, encouragement for humanity, and some levity.

The concept and name of the show, "Behind the Glass," is a reflection of the level of quarantine Steve has been living since the pandemic began. Although still very productive, Steve shares most of his time with his family through a glass door to the outside, but occasionally safely distanced while outdoors. Not only are his glass doors one window of connectivity, but he will also host his virtual interviews through the "glass" on his Surface Pro.

The series will start with Gleason's interview with actor Hugh Jackman. Others slated for interviews are Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft; NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell; Mike McCready of Pearl Jam; Jessica Simpson and husband Eric Johnson; and Harry Connick, Jr.

"It's called Soul to Soul for a reason," said Steve Gleason. "I'm looking to explore places that I think of as our human purpose, beyond ego," he continued. "I like to push the envelope of exploration on topics like vulnerability, spirituality, love vs. fear, purpose, compassion for our human family, success vs. failure, and parenthood. I have always enjoyed looking beyond the surface of conventional norms just enough to challenge whoever I'm with to explore their essence a little further." He added, "In turn, I work to be radically open-minded, so we can learn and grow together with our audience."

"Behind the Glass: Soul to Soul with Steve Gleason" will premiere on Team Gleason's Facebook page, Instagram, and YouTube on Thursday, May 28, at 7:30 p.m. CT.

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments