All In Challenge: Pearl Jam Birthday Package

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Jumb0 said:
    My strategy is to tell Ed to make the set and then I will make the needed changes. 
    Nice.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    kst said:
    Jumb0 said:
    My strategy is to tell Ed to make the set and then I will make the needed changes. 
    Nice.
    “Hey Ed, you do you”
    * EV scribbles Sirens onto paper
    ”Yeaaaah lemme take it from here.”

(seriously though, hope a forum member wins)
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    When is the winner announced?!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    static111 said:
    When is the winner announced?!
    Rules said within 10 days of ending date. 
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 380
    I think I’d like Ed to make the list with only one request, No Covers!  Getting 30 all PJ songs would be amazing.  That alone would make the set pretty unique, at least for shows in the last 20 yrs or so.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    tschav said:
    kst said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Nice.
    “Hey Ed, you do you”
    * EV scribbles Sirens onto paper
    ”Yeaaaah lemme take it from here.”

(seriously though, hope a forum member wins)

• MikusxkmMikusxkm Posts: 33
    I would ask them to each choose their favorite song to play and then the bands “collective” favorite song. Then will need to come up with my top 23 or so....shouldn’t be a problem!!
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    It would be cool just to sit in on the writing of the setlist..Would love to hear Ed explain why each song goes where..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    It would be cool just to sit in on the writing of the setlist..Would love to hear Ed explain why each song goes where..
    I know I read in one interview with Ed that he calls the "Staple" songs "Tentpoles". They anchor the show and the band plays them often and can do them with their eyes closed. Elderly Woman, Alive, Even Flow etc.  I think these days there is room in an arena set for two or three obscure songs at most. They play to such big crowds that they fear losing half the crowd with the lost dogs type songs. So it bums me out when one of those slots goes to a rarely played song I have no interest in. Yellow Moon is a good example. Ed makes a point to call that out as a rarely plays number before they play it. Nice song ; but I want Alone  or Oceans  :)
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 513
    They probably have contacted the winner by now. 

Going to be an awesome experience for him/her! 

I’m looking forward to the concerts in general when it’s safe. Hoping to travel a little more next tour. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    I tried to look up if someone already won this. There is a list of contests that have ended. Some say “already won” and some say “sweeps ended”. The Pearl Jam contest still only says “sweeps ended” so I don’t think a winner has been selected yet. There might still be hope for us 🤞
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    MF117973 said:
    I tried to look up if someone already won this. There is a list of contests that have ended. Some say “already won” and some say “sweeps ended”. The Pearl Jam contest still only says “sweeps ended” so I don’t think a winner has been selected yet. There might still be hope for us 🤞
    how did you get to that list...I looked but couldn't figure
    edited June 2020
    MF117973 said:
    how did you get to that list...I looked but couldn't figure
    It is listed here. Pearl Jam still doesn’t have a winner listed. But now that I looked again the ones that say already won seem to mostly be auctions. So now I am not sure what that means. 

https://www.fanatics.com/winners/c-2324732796+z-948262-2332668024?pageSize=96&pageNumber=2&sortOption=TopSellers
    Post edited by GlowGirl on

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Boom entered and won! He is going to pick a 45 minute crazy Mary 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
    nycrats said:
    Boom entered and won! He is going to pick a 45 minute crazy Mary 

So has anyone bragged about winning this thing anywhere yet?
    MF117973 said:
    If you won and were a member of the board could you imagine the PMs you would receive lol.  I’m pretty sure if I was the winner I wouldn’t tell anyone until after the show.
    Scio me nihil scire

• gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    An impossible secret to keep since the show isn't even on the schedule. Why not tell? It's not like you won the lottery and people could steal your $.....I'd scream it from the rooftops! It would be something amazing to look forward to in this life.....
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    static111 said:
    MF117973 said:
    If you won and were a member of the board could you imagine the PMs you would receive lol.  I’m pretty sure if I was the winner I wouldn’t tell anyone until after the show.

Oh believe me, if I win, all you mfer's are going to know about it
    I wish that All In would just let us know if a winner has been selected even without revealing who it was. That would give some closure to this. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    MF117973 said:
    I wish that All In would just let us know if a winner has been selected even without revealing who it was. That would give some closure to this. 
    I would normally agree, but given that the faint hope of winning this thing is about the most exciting thing happening right now, I’m good with the mystery lasting a bit longer.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    MF117973 said:

Haven't seen or heard anything yet.
    Odds on that Sean Penn or Rodman or someone just happens to be so lucky and win?
    Scio me nihil scire

They just posted a bunch of winners of different sweepstakes. The Pearl Jam sweepstakes was not listed among the winners list. 
    MF117973 said:
    They just posted a bunch of winners of different sweepstakes. The Pearl Jam sweepstakes was not listed among the winners list. 
    Doubt they will post the name of the winner publicly.
    demetrios said:
    MF117973 said:
    Doubt they will post the name of the winner publicly.
    Yeah. They were posting the first name and last initial of the winners for a lot of the different  contests. Not the full name. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    static111 said:
    Odds on that Sean Penn or Rodman or someone just happens to be so lucky and win?
    Zero. Those guys get backstage. Why would they care about winning this?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I would not announce it if I won.  I can't imagine all the messages and song requests that people would be sending.  I would get a feeling for how Ed must feel when he gets all these stories and requests.  On the other hand, I could charge $100 per song.  I should have entered. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Congrats to Richard B. from NJ.