PJ Song Most Love That You Don't / PJ Song Most Don't Like And You Do

13»

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited August 2020
    Song People Love That I Don't Understand - Speed Of Sound
    Song People Don't Like That I Love - Big Wave
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Song people love that I don’t understand : Speed of sound 

Song that gets close to no attention that I love : Parachutes
  • im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
    Most love but I don’t: Jeremy/Even Flow

Most don’t love but I do: U/Drifting
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
  • FranswayFransway Posts: 9
    Song people love that I hate: Sirens
    Songs I love that people hate: Johnny Guitar and Buckle Up
  • brianjonesbrianjones Posts: 234
    I can’t stand wishlist. Will use that moment in a concert to go pee & get a drink. 

I love You Are, many don’t. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I haven’t read every post so hopefully I’m not saying something that’s already been said.

I’ll answer based on the at concert experience.  

I dislike that Even Flow and Alive occupy two slots at each and every show.  They’re good songs, but that’s 15 minutes of show time that could be used for more variety.  I also dislike Deep, Wash, and the majority of Binaural.  Sorry.  

It seems Sirens has a lot of negativity around it.  It’s not one of my top ten or anything, but a live version where the crowd gets into the uh-uh, uh-oh stuff at the end is always a good sound to me.  And a few people have hated on it here, but Sad is incredible.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • kst said:
    I haven’t read every post so hopefully I’m not saying something that’s already been said.

I dislike that Even Flow and Alive occupy two slots at each and every show.  They’re good songs, but that’s 15 minutes of show time that could be used for more variety.  I also dislike Deep, Wash, and the majority of Binaural.  Sorry.  

It seems Sirens has a lot of negativity around it.  It’s not one of my top ten or anything, but a live version where the crowd gets into the uh-uh, uh-oh stuff at the end is always a good sound to me.  And a few people have hated on it here, but Sad is incredible.
    Sad would have been top 3 on Binaural if they included it. Would have been a great lead single too 
  • neutron baumneutron baum Posts: 294
    Most like that I don't get:  Nothing as it seems
    Most don't like and I am crazy about:  Help, help and Sirens
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    kst said:

Sad is one of my top ten songs ,  so sad it was a B-side ( no pun intended )
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Yellow moon gets no love. Song is brilliant! 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    SPLTIDU: Of the Earth. Its, just fine? 
    SPDLTIL:  Full band Sleeping By Myself. Also, I'm not tired of E Flow. I have no problem hearing it at every show.

I love the full band version of “Sleeping by myself”! 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    RiotZact said:
    I like Given to Fly but I certainly don’t love it.

Rival is my second favorite song of all time.
    Say what???? 😳
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Most love but I don’t: Yellow Moon. I really don't get it. Am I missing something? 

Most don’t love but I do: Buckle Up. Lovely and quirky tune that lulls me into a catharsis. Also would be a perfect song to play on a rainy day.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    Yellow Led.....hate hate HATE that song.

Sleight of Hand.  If they would only play if full electric.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • RobertwileysrRobertwileysr Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Posts: 22
    Dislike/Others love: Johnny Guitar, Hard To Imagine, The End, Sirens, Future Days, Nothingman, Bugs, Push Me Pull Me, Red Bar, 
    Love/Others dislike: Indifference, World Wide Suicide, Quick Escape, Getaway, All Those Yesterdays, Education, Wash, Footsteps, 
  • RobertwileysrRobertwileysr Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Posts: 22
    im an ear said:
    Most love busigt I don’t: Jeremy/Even Flow

Most don’t love but I do: U/Drifting
     U and Drifting are great songs. The whole album Lost Dogs is a stellar album, I'd like to think. I get why you don't love Even Flow. It's a good song, but it's overrated. It's played at every (or almost every) Pearl Jam show, at least the ones I have watched. I've never been to a PJ show because Pearl Jam hasn't been to my area since before I became a fan, and my dad and I could be able to go, but I have watched almost every Pearl Jam show I can find on youtube. When they play Even Flow at every show, it could be used for playing a different song, maybe songs they don't play as often. It would be nice to see change. My dream is to someday see a Pearl Jam show. I have wanted to go ever since I became a fan. But, I'm young, and can't go alone, and I have nobody to take me, because my dad passed away in the beginning of this year. But, U and Drifting are great songs, Even Flow, not so much. Could I ask your thought on Jeremy and why you don't like it?
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited December 2020
    Song People Love That I Don't Understand - Yellow Moon
    Song People Don't Like That I Love - Big Wave
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 556
    SPLTIDU: Of the Earth. Its, just fine? 
    SPDLTIL:  Full band Sleeping By Myself. Also, I'm not tired of E Flow. I have no problem hearing it at every show.

I love the full band version of “Sleeping by myself”! 
    Just watched the Italy stream version SBM and thought of this thread. Love the band version. Long Road would be a song I don’t like as much as others especially when it comes to openers.
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    Dislike/others love: Come back, Who you are, Sirens, Just breathe.
    Love/others dislike:  Father's son, Let the record play, Retrograde, Never destination.

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles