The Golf Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Peyton Manning trolling Brady about Nick Foles was awesome.  Brady also admitting he isn’t over losing to the Eagles made my day.  This was actually more entertaining than I expected. Maybe it had to do with lack of sports but I found myself entertained by it more than I expected. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    That’s was loads of fun yesterday. 

Tiger looks gooooooood
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Shaking the rust off tomorrow with my son.  First time swinging a club since last October.  Will be great to get out there though.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    fuck tiger’s phony ass.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Yesterday was the first time I golfed this year. I thought the little spongy, foam things at the bottom of the cup were kind of pointless. It keeps us from sticking our hands in the cup a whopping 3 inches further. You’re still touching the cup and base of the flag stick to retrieve your golf ball. Anyway, that aside, great to get out again. 
    Finally got the handicap back under 20. A solid 19.8 right now!

haha....goal is to AVERAGE below 90 this year. I'm at about 93 at this point. Got some work to do. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    FWIW, I'd be happy (for now) to average below 99.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    These golfers saying not to play Ryder cup without fans should shut the hell up.  98% of the people watching the Ryder Cup are watching on tv.  Stop bitching like little children while a pandemic and now social unrest are impacting the nation.   

I watch golf.  I don’t care about Rory wagging his finger at the crowd.  Sure, makes for better theater but you can have the event without fans.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    These golfers saying not to play Ryder cup without fans should shut the hell up.  98% of the people watching the Ryder Cup are watching on tv.  Stop bitching like little children while a pandemic and now social unrest are impacting the nation.   

I watch golf.  I don’t care about Rory wagging his finger at the crowd.  Sure, makes for better theater but you can have the event without fans.  
    Don't they want everyone to shut up when they are about to hit anyways?

If it means that much to them I'm sure they can get a few guys to yell "Mashed potatoes" and "Get in the hole" pre recorded and replay it after they hit the ball.

Don't they want everyone to shut up when they are about to hit anyways?

If it means that much to them I'm sure they can get a few guys to yell "Mashed potatoes" and "Get in the hole" pre recorded and replay it after they hit the ball.
    Crowds are usually pretty rowdy at Ryder Cups though. I don't care if they're not there. The Tiger/Phil thing was awesome. Mic them up every weekend. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    I was offered Ryder Cup tickets for 2012, turned them down.  It's not a good event to try to spectate.  You can watch 1/12 singles matches, or sit by 1 hole and watch people come by.  Really, watching golf live is not great for any event.  I understand there's a rush if you see something important happen.  But mostly it's watching replays on the jumbotron of stuff happening on other holes.  Really, better just to watch it at home.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Playing 2 rounds with some friends tomorrow. Morning round, drive to next course for lunch, then the afternoon round. Gonna be a great day ⛳🏌️‍♂️

Treated myself to some new irons a couple weeks ago and they just arrived today. Just in time to put them in play this weekend with my dad for his birthday. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Golf tomorrow!!!!!!!!
    bflynn1 said:

Treated myself to some new irons a couple weeks ago and they just arrived today. Just in time to put them in play this weekend with my dad for his birthday. 
    Those are sick. Think you posted those wedges before and they are sweet. 

Buying myself a toy tomorrow as well

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Those clubs look awesome.  A lefty!  I've got a 3 hr full bag fitting scheduled for Saturday.  It's great to have something to be excited about.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    bflynn1 said:

Seriously?!
    That looks sweet.
    eddiec said:
    bflynn1 said:

Seriously?!
    That looks sweet.
    lol yeah.  For our spot at the shore.  Pretty pumped.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Golf is back!!  Holy shit did I miss the Tour.  The fields are going to be stacked for all these tournaments...should be fun to watch.

Been playing a lot myself lately.  Playing 9 after work today and 18 Saturday morning.  Still trying to find that consistency but it has been great to get the hell out of the house and get out there at least once a week.
    Golf is back!!  Holy shit did I miss the Tour.  The fields are going to be stacked for all these tournaments...should be fun to watch.

Been playing a lot myself lately.  Playing 9 after work today and 18 Saturday morning.  Still trying to find that consistency but it has been great to get the hell out of the house and get out there at least once a week.
    Me too. Played well last weekend. Heading out bright and early tomorrow morning. 

I have a tough time with just 9 holes. It's just not enough golf!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Me too. Played well last weekend. Heading out bright and early tomorrow morning. 

I have a tough time with just 9 holes. It's just not enough golf!

So great having Jim Nance back calling live golf of a sunny Thursday. Better days ahead!
    This leaderboard...good god
    ^ That golf cart is awesome!  Nice work.  I shot 40-46 last weekend.  Happy with it considering I had played 13 holes prior to that round since last October.  Got fatigued on the back 9 which is pretty pathetic.  Led to a lot of sloppy swings.  Gotta get more reps in.  Hopefully tomorrow.
    Got the M6 3 wood today as an early b day gift. Have that and the M6 driver in the bag now.

If it only came yesterday. Could've used it on a few holes this morning!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This leaderboard...good god
    I got Jordan and Rory for top 5 finishes. So far so good!

Yeah nice cart. How many blocks from the beach are you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Besides that horrific 4 putt that looked like me out there, Speith had an incredible round.  Hopefully he is getting things figured out.
    I saw some data on PGA Tour pros handicap indexes this morning.  +8, +7, etc.  Mind-blowing.
    Ok so the verdict is that I like the P790s a lot. They just took some getting used to because the shafts are almost 30 grams lighter than my other clubs but my dispersion was so tight that I wasn't missing bad at all and with the lighter shafts I have way more control.

I shot 45 on the front while I was breaking them in and figuring them out. Missed quite a few greens on that side. But I got the feel for them and turned around and shot 38 on the back to salvage an 83. Playing again tomorrow and expect much better results.

Also, @The Juggler I have the M6 3 wood in my bag as well and it's money. So long and accurate. I have a brand new M5 driver head coming in the mail next week that I'll be shafting up as an upgrade from my M3. Although I've been striping the M3 so I may not mess with success just yet.
    ^ 30 grams lighter?!  Wow.  I dropped 15 grams last year and couldn't do it.  In fact, it ruined my game so much that I sold the clubs mid-season.  Went back to 130 gram shaft and was throwing darts immediately.  Problem solved and lesson learned.  I do not get along with light iron shafts at all for some reason and I'm not even a power guy.  My swing speed is moderate (~85 mph 6 iron).