PJ Song Most Love That You Don't / PJ Song Most Don't Like And You Do

Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Please note I love all PJ songs but I don't get the over love for some and the under love for others. Not looking to arguments just what you fee.

Song People Love That I Don't Understand - Hard To Imagine , it is an ok song but in the vast catalog of songs I never understood why this one is so high for a lot of people

Song People Don't Like That I Love - Sirens , honestly never understood the dislike for this song , that said it holds a very special place for me and my wife and that may be why.

Comments

• KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    This is easy. Jeremy. Can’t stand that song. 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    SPLTIDU: Smile and, to a much lesser extent, Red Mosquito. 
    SPDLTIL: Daughter and Better Man...people seem to be sick of these tunes. Not me.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    SPLTIDU: Of the Earth. Its, just fine? 
    SPDLTIL:  Full band Sleeping By Myself. Also, I'm not tired of E Flow. I have no problem hearing it at every show.

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Uh, controversial thread! Is it ok if I just scream what the hell at most posts? ;) loooove Smile and Red Mosquito! Don’t think I‘ll ever get sick of Better Man.
    Guess I could go with Of The Earth and Sirens.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    SPLTIDU: Of The Earth
    SPDLTIL: Don't Give Me No Lip
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I like Given to Fly but I certainly don’t love it.

Rival is my second favorite song of all time.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

IDU: SBM

TIL: grievance

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • TheLuckyOnesTheLuckyOnes Posts: 471
    IDU: absolutely Of The Earth. Very happy they left it off the new album, would have easily been my least favorite song on there.

TIL: I'd say Insignificance, Comatose, And Force of Nature all qualify. Force of Nature would have been a great fit on Gigaton.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    JPPJ84 said:
    Uh, controversial thread! Is it ok if I just scream what the hell at most posts? ;) loooove Smile and Red Mosquito! Don’t think I‘ll ever get sick of Better Man.
    Guess I could go with Of The Earth and Sirens.

Lol its just for fun to pass the time.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I dont enjoy thought unknown. Even live.

I love you are lots dont.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    edited June 2020
    Most dislike/Others love - Release (I don't dislike, just more not as into it as most)
    Most love/Others dislike - No Way
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • LastExitBJPLastExitBJP Posts: 78
    edited June 2020
    Songs People Love That I Don't Understand: Jeremy - I think it's good musically however it's just waaaaay too angsty. I get liking the song when you're in high school but I can't stand it anymore. I forget what show it was where Ed said something about the song being like being doused in a thick soup. I agree. 

Songs People Don't Like That I love: Parachutes (don't get why this doesn't get more love). Let the Records Play - I think the riff is really good, and the jam at the end is pretty awesome! Buckel Up is getting hate at the moment. It took me a few listens but now I can't help but groove when I hear it. I think it's funny these three are Stone songs (though Stone mentioned he got the riff idea for Let the Records Play from Jeff). I feel like most people hate on Stone's newer contribitions and I have on idea why. 

Post edited by LastExitBJP on
    I remember being surprised back in 1992 when Jeremy was released as a single. I had thought there were better songs for radio play (and not just Black!)
    Most dislike/Others love - Release (I don't dislike, just more not as into it as most)
    Release is definitely a better live song. Obviously, the studio version is fine but it doesn’t hold a candle to the many great performances of the song.
  • Dislike/others love - Sirens
    Love/others dislike - Ghost
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 743

Backspacer edition....

SPLTIDU: Amongst The Waves.  Horrible imo, yet it constantly crops up in people's favourite Backspacer song lists. 
    SPDLTIL: Speed of Sound.  Always loved the melody and the way the drums kick in part way through the verse.  I even prefer the album version to the demo, which is another unpopular opinion. 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Immortality 

Black Red Yellow
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited June 2020
    dislike: Inside job and sad

like: against the 70s and sirens

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 246
    edited June 2020
    Songs I seem to love more than most folks: Light Years, Marker in the Sand, and Gone. 

Songs that most folks seem to love that are “just ok” to me: Of the Earth, Mind Your Manners and MFC.  
    Post edited by Hankj25 on
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Portland 5-10-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
    rummy said:
    Release is definitely a better live song. Obviously, the studio version is fine but it doesn’t hold a candle to the many great performances of the song.
    It still doesn’t move me that much.  I can understand why it connects with most.  Just not with me.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Love The Fixer.  The chorus defines Pearl Jam IMO
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Dislike that others love:  oceans (i guess some love it? Even back in Ten hay day skipped this one).

like that others dislike: Gone (really enjoy studio version. One of my favorites in Avocado)
  • fl247556fl247556 Posts: 266
    Dislike/others love - Amongst the waves
    Love/others dislike - Ghost
    freddie vedder
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539

Dislike/others love - Low Light

Love/others dislike - Unemployable (not sure most people dislike it tho)

I will swallow poison
    edited June 2020
    Ah yes. I forgot about Low Light. Some list it as their favourite, which surprises me.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    Of the mainstream popular songs, I can't stand Sirens. In terms of absolute abominations Sleeping by Myself. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I don’t care for Indifference

I really like Mankind
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Most dislike/Others love  Sad, Fixer
    Most love/Others dislike  You are
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Dislike/others love - Do the Evolution
    Love/others dislike - Just Breathe
    Kearnsy
    rummy said:
    Ah yes. I forgot about Low Light. Some list it as there favourite, which surprises me.
    I don't get Low Light as a favorite either.  That's a song I don't think translated well live.  It's a nice song, well-placed in Yield, but I would rather listen to it in that context.