The Golf Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited May 2020
    I played twice this past weekend. One cart per person, no scorecards (which I thought was odd), no rakes, couldn’t touch the flag pole...

90 on Saturday
    110 on Sunday!

fuck
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    A skins match at Seminole. Hell yes.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Can’t wait to see the course and get a sense of why it is so highly ranked.
    Live golf today!
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Live golf today!

What's stranger?   Watching them play in shorts or carrying their own clubs?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Live golf today!

What's stranger?   Watching them play in shorts or carrying their own clubs?
    Carrying.
    Caught most of the front, but wasn’t terribly engaged in it. Course is definitely different than what I was thinking. Some interesting, If short, 2nd shots and some wicked greens 

Also, can they call it the US Open this year? 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Yeah.  It's the U.S. Invitational this year.  US Am is an Invite only as well.  US Mid-Am canceled.  Our state am is canceled as well.  There's only local stuff left for me to play in this year.  Very bummed to say the least.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    seems like a good time for a "fuck tiger."
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Got out and played 18 today.  It was nice for things to feel somewhat normal for a few hours.  As for my play....got off to a horrible start but things picked up on the back 9.  Wasn't too bad for not swinging a club since November.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Got out and played 18 today.  It was nice for things to feel somewhat normal for a few hours.  As for my play....got off to a horrible start but things picked up on the back 9.  Wasn't too bad for not swinging a club since November.
    Did you get a cart? I think we’re officially allowed to next Friday but most courses by me have been very loose with it. They hand you a form to fill out if you have an ailment and give the old wink wink. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Indiana is allowing two to a cart again.  Doesn’t matter if same household.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    Did you get a cart? I think we’re officially allowed to next Friday but most courses by me have been very loose with it. They hand you a form to fill out if you have an ailment and give the old wink wink. 
    Yeah I did get a cart.  I do have a legit bad knee but they definitely weren't very strict when handing out carts.  Didn't have to fill out a form or anything.  But doesn't really matter since everyone will be allowed to get carts and foursomes will be back starting Friday.
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah I did get a cart.  I do have a legit bad knee but they definitely weren't very strict when handing out carts.  Didn't have to fill out a form or anything.  But doesn't really matter since everyone will be allowed to get carts and foursomes will be back starting Friday.
    Can’t wait to get back out there. Hoping to play Friday. Also looking forward to the Brady/manning showdown today.  They’re both good sticks so should be entertaining. 
    Gonna be a wet one at the medalist today. 
    edited May 2020
    Ernie Johnson is the man. Knew about his health issues but didn’t know about his son. Some tough breaks it sounds like.

Took Phil. Feel its kinda a toss up better value. I’ll lose
    ^ What health issue for EJ? I wasn’t aware. I didn’t know about his son either. This situation must be especially terrifying for them with his lung issues.  Sad. 

Brady won’t pull out the big stick so far. Looks nervous for the first time ever. 
    Brady is hacking lol 
    This is fun and very well done.

brady fucking stinks 
    Manning is the man. He’s an assassin out there. Plays the “awww shucks” role to perfection and then buries you 
    Hahaha brady 
    This is so so so so so so good 
    Agreed this is as entertaining as it gets. Lovin it 
    Brady shit talking after stinking up the joint for 8 holes was awesome. Something I would do lol 
    bbiggs said:
    Brady shit talking after stinking up the joint for 8 holes was awesome. Something I would do lol 
    Golf! Definition of golf 
    So ah, Tiger looks good 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Michelson seems the most fun to play with..

Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Yes Tiger is in form right now 
    It would be fun to tee it up with manning. If this wasn’t sponsored by michelob you know he’d be throwing back some bud lights 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    This would be my worst nightmare, playing on live TV with an entire sports deprived nation watching you ... and then have to golf in the rain!