9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    ^^^^^ Impressive form however I really don't see too many NFL fans switching over and becoming PATRIOT'S fans. They're probably THE most hated and despised team in SPORTS. Being a long-time Patriot/Beantown fan I once disliked the Steelers for the longest time, now I respect that organization in the way they do their winning ways.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    Who is Brie Bella?
    wwe diva/wrestler with her twin sister nikki bella
    Image result for bella twins

Oh, OK.

So nobody, then. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    frauds ...

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The Canadian Curse continues, lol.  Beiber used to hold the reigns on this.  It was Jessica Simpson before them!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    always good to have a backup team, eh juggler?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    always good to have a backup team, eh juggler?

Beyond pathetic, boomer!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    It doesn't mention about following your favorite player?  I switched loyalty to the Angels when Reggie left, when he spent his last year with the A's I did not switch again though.

I am a firm believer that you don't have to be a homer...
    It doesn't mention about following your favorite player?  I switched loyalty to the Angels when Reggie left, when he spent his last year with the A's I did not switch again though.

By rule, that would make you a fraud, sorry to say!

You're from NY right? How did you become a fan of the Angels?
    chinese-happy.jpg

As stated above when Reggie left in 82 was it?  

I would agree that I am a hometown fraud but a sports fan fraud?  Absolutely not.  I enjoy sports way too much and know more about things in general than the average homer.

I would agree that I am a hometown fraud but a sports fan fraud?  Absolutely not.  I enjoy sports way too much and know more about things in general than the average homer.
    I don't make the rules!
    chinese-happy.jpg

I don't make the rules!
    That's one persons holier than thou opus though which caters to the Homer attitude of things.  I agree with some of it like the yahoo whom wears a blue jays hat to a Yanks/mariners game...

I don't make the rules!
    That's one persons holier than thou opus though which caters to the Homer attitude of things.  I agree with some of it like the yahoo whom wears a blue jays hat to a Yanks/mariners game...
    Well I'm just a firm believer of rooting for your home town team no matter what. That doesn't mean you can't like another team. For example, I really liked those early to mid 90's Mariners teams with Griffey in his prime. Mlb network or ESPN showed game 5 of the al division series with them and the Yanks last night. One of the greatest games ever played!
    chinese-happy.jpg

I don't make the rules!
    Well I'm just a firm believer of rooting for your home town team no matter what. That doesn't mean you can't like another team. For example, I really liked those early to mid 90's Mariners teams with Griffey in his prime. Mlb network or ESPN showed game 5 of the al division series with them and the Yanks last night. One of the greatest games ever played!
    Is that the one that they piled on Griffey at home plate?

I don't make the rules!

Scored from 1st on Edgar's hit to left. Fucking awesome moment
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited April 2020

I don't make the rules!

Agreed.
    Edit:

I went to quite a few games in 96 and 97 when I was in Seattle and those teams were seriously stacked. Martinez, Rodriguez, Griffey, Buhner, Cruz Jr, Randy Johnson.  Was at their first ever inter-league game against the Rockies and the red hot Larry Walker.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

I don't make the rules!

Agreed.
    Edit:

I went to quite a few games in 96 and 97 when I was in Seattle and those teams were seriously stacked. Martinez, Rodriguez, Griffey, Buhner, Cruz Jr, Randy Johnson.  Was at their first ever inter-league game against the Rockies and the red hot Larry Walker.
    That team was great on Ken Griffey Jr Baseball on SNES too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

I don't make the rules!
    Well I'm just a firm believer of rooting for your home town team no matter what. 

lazy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

I don't make the rules!
    Well I'm just a firm believer of rooting for your home town team no matter what. 

lazy.
    civic pride
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:

I don't make the rules!

lazy.
    civic pride
    Or a lemming...
    Wobbie said:

I don't make the rules!

lazy.
    civic pride
    Or a lemming...
    haha....no
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:

I don't make the rules!

lazy.
    civic pride
    Or a lemming...
    haha....no
    Well I got a chuckle out of you at least.

I'm thankful that I became a Lakers fan when I lived in Cali and not an insufferable and delusional Knicks fan...
    Wobbie said:

I don't make the rules!

lazy.
    civic pride
    Or a lemming...
    haha....no

I'm thankful that I became a Lakers fan when I lived in Cali and not an insufferable and delusional Knicks fan...
    I'll bet.

But I'll also bet that if and when the Knicks ever win a championship, that high that those long suffering fans will experience will be unlike anything you experienced after you became Lakers fan. 

To me, that's what it's all about. Red Sox fans experienced that in '04...Cubs fans a few years ago...Cavs fans when Lebron came back... us Eagles fans a couple years ago. There is literally nothing like finally reaching the mountain top after sticking with your home town team through decades of futility. Absolutely nothing like euphoric feeling. It's the ultimate reward as a sports fan.

I actually feel sorry that you won't ever experience it!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    And if you don't have a hometown team, but live equidistant to 3 major sports cities (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC) and don't like any of the them?
    This fraud list is about as valid as the PCU rule of not wearing the band's shirt to a concert.
    The Cubs are my team.  Bottom line.  They have been since I was a kid and always will be. I don't need some stupid list telling me I'm a fraud because I don't root for the Pirates.
    Wobbie said:

I don't make the rules!

lazy.
    civic pride
    Or a lemming...
    haha....no

I'll bet.

But I'll also bet that if and when the Knicks ever win a championship, that high that those long suffering fans will experience will be unlike anything you experienced after you became Lakers fan. 

To me, that's what it's all about. Red Sox fans experienced that in '04...Cubs fans a few years ago...Cavs fans when Lebron came back... us Eagles fans a couple years ago. There is literally nothing like finally reaching the mountain top after sticking with your home town team through decades of futility. Absolutely nothing like euphoric feeling. It's the ultimate reward as a sports fan.

2002 and 1998 I did.  After watching the Halos fall apart in 86 and 95, I got to see them win it all in 2002.

After suffering through 3 Super Bowl Losses w the Broncos I got to see them win it in 98 and repeat in 99 so I do know that feeling.
    Wobbie said:

I don't make the rules!

lazy.
    civic pride
    Or a lemming...
    haha....no

I'll bet.

2002 and 1998 I did.  After watching the Halos fall apart in 86 and 95, I got to see them win it all in 2002.

After suffering through 3 Super Bowl Losses w the Broncos I got to see them win it in 98 and repeat in 99 so I do know that feeling.
    Wait you are a Broncos fan too?

You're all over the place man!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited April 2020
    And if you don't have a hometown team, but live equidistant to 3 major sports cities (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC) and don't like any of the them?
    This fraud list is about as valid as the PCU rule of not wearing the band's shirt to a concert.
    The Cubs are my team.  Bottom line.  They have been since I was a kid and always will be. I don't need some stupid list telling me I'm a fraud because I don't root for the Pirates.
    The not wearing a band's shirt to their concert thing is a hard and fast one that I follow as well.

Where are you from and how did you become a Cubs fan?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    The not wearing a band's shirt to their concert thing is a hard and fast one that I follow as well.

Where are you from and how did you become a Cubs fan?
    Grew up in neighboring towns between MD and WV.  Had WGN when I was a kid and my choices were the Cubs, the Braves on TBS, or limited Orioles games on WJZ-13. The Cubs were always on in the day (before the lights) when I came home from school and the rest is history.
    I guess this area would consider "the home team" to be the Orioles. There's a big Cubs presence because of the WGN thing, and a big Red Sox presence because of Lefty Grove (born in the town my high school was in).  There are some Pirates and Nats fans around, but not nearly as many as the O's.  There was a contingent of Phillies fans in the 90's, because John Kruk's hometown is one of those towns I grew up in. And of course there are random Yankee fans.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I wear t-shirts under my Knicks jerseys. It's cold in MSG. I also don't put my name on blank jerseys. However, I did buy a bunch of heavily discounted Cruz jerseys on clearance when the Giants cut him. So now I have a bunch of Giants jerseys with my last name on em.