The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    To the point, I really like his show. Used to listen more years ago when I was in the car more. Don't have as much time now, so I generally focus on specific guests. My wife likes him, too, so it's a default show we can agree on when we're on a long drive together. 

And, yeah, NewsRadio is one of the most underrated comedies of all time. Used to watch it over and over in college.

I'll agree with you on newsradio but that's it. Regarding Biden v Trump, Rogan is acting like an opportunist idiot to play to his audience. And he is lying to please his audience by telling half truths.

Yes Biden is losing some sharpness but so is trump. But trump can  overcome it with his lying and bullying, an opportunity Biden just doesnt have. Bidens  problem is he continually searches for the truth in his comments which makes his stuttering look worse and then people think omg look how old he is.

I dont see how Oliver or Stewart lie about their political beliefs or pretend to be independent but then sway to the candidate of  choice simply to please their audiences like Rogan shamelessly does
    You're making it out to be calculated and it's not. He's high and shooting the shit for 3 hours.

He is playing to his MMA macho audience by comparing trumps battle with Biden to Tyson fighting a three year old. He is pretending to be a non political independent and being swayed by trumps supposed power and masculinity. And big surprise that relates strongly to his audience. Stewart and Oliver are known to be passionate liberals not pretending to be anything other than what they are.
    If you totaled it up, approximately how much of his show would you say you've listened to over the years?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    To the point, I really like his show. Used to listen more years ago when I was in the car more. Don't have as much time now, so I generally focus on specific guests. My wife likes him, too, so it's a default show we can agree on when we're on a long drive together. 

And, yeah, NewsRadio is one of the most underrated comedies of all time. Used to watch it over and over in college.

I'll agree with you on newsradio but that's it. Regarding Biden v Trump, Rogan is acting like an opportunist idiot to play to his audience. And he is lying to please his audience by telling half truths.

Yes Biden is losing some sharpness but so is trump. But trump can  overcome it with his lying and bullying, an opportunity Biden just doesnt have. Bidens  problem is he continually searches for the truth in his comments which makes his stuttering look worse and then people think omg look how old he is.

I dont see how Oliver or Stewart lie about their political beliefs or pretend to be independent but then sway to the candidate of  choice simply to please their audiences like Rogan shamelessly does
    You're making it out to be calculated and it's not. He's high and shooting the shit for 3 hours.

He is playing to his MMA macho audience by comparing trumps battle with Biden to Tyson fighting a three year old. He is pretending to be a non political independent and being swayed by trumps supposed power and masculinity. And big surprise that relates strongly to his audience. Stewart and Oliver are known to be passionate liberals not pretending to be anything other than what they are.
    If you totaled it up, approximately how much of his show would you say you've listened to over the years?
    I haven’t watched much but isn’t it his reputation that he is open minded and not swayed by being tied to a particular group? To ignore trump’s poor mental functioning goes against this
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

THIS. everyone takes joe seriously, and half the time you shouldn't. the other half, you should just listen to his guest. part of the problem is people who aren't familiar with it don't know the difference. i know when he's just 'shooting the shit with his buddies in his basement" and when he's actually being serious. 

one of his downfalls is he absolutely doesn't take his influence seriously. he thinks it's laughable that people care what he thinks. he even said so after all that bernie shit blew up. "i'm just an idiot in my basement talking shit" or something to that effect. 

i hate the fact he has assholes and racists and ted nugents on. but he just likes talking to everyone. anyone who thinks he's a racist/birther/whatever simply isn't paying attention, or looking for something/someone to be outraged about. not everyone deserves all your shitty labels. 

thinking his audience is just "macho ufc types" shows just how ignorant some people are. yes, i do watch ufc, but i'm about as anti-macho as you get. lots of people just find his guests interesting. like me, they'll tune in when it's elon musk or neil degrasse tyson, but won't when it's ted nugent or just one of his ufc fighter friends. (the latter of which are often just boring snoozefests). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

no, he isn't. he doesn't give two shits about his audience or how many people watch or listen to him. and he is independent in that he freely admits he doesn't know shit about politics. 

he has in the past said that trump is a fucking loon, but finds him entertaining, and doesn't understand why everyone thinks the world is going to end with him in power. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    I don’t like talking to racists, white nationalists, rapists or their ilk or similarities. Nor do I want to hear them. Joe the Team Trump Treason supporter wants to “hear them out.” Giving them a voice. And you seem okay with that?HughFreakingDillon said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

THIS. everyone takes joe seriously, and half the time you shouldn't. the other half, you should just listen to his guest. part of the problem is people who aren't familiar with it don't know the difference. i know when he's just 'shooting the shit with his buddies in his basement" and when he's actually being serious. 

one of his downfalls is he absolutely doesn't take his influence seriously. he thinks it's laughable that people care what he thinks. he even said so after all that bernie shit blew up. "i'm just an idiot in my basement talking shit" or something to that effect. 

i hate the fact he has assholes and racists and ted nugents on. but he just likes talking to everyone. anyone who thinks he's a racist/birther/whatever simply isn't paying attention, or looking for something/someone to be outraged about. not everyone deserves all your shitty labels. 

thinking his audience is just "macho ufc types" shows just how ignorant some people are. yes, i do watch ufc, but i'm about as anti-macho as you get. lots of people just find his guests interesting. like me, they'll tune in when it's elon musk or neil degrasse tyson, but won't when it's ted nugent or just one of his ufc fighter friends. (the latter of which are often just boring snoozefests). 

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

no, he isn't. he doesn't give two shits about his audience or how many people watch or listen to him. and he is independent in that he freely admits he doesn't know shit about politics. 

he has in the past said that trump is a fucking loon, but finds him entertaining, and doesn't understand why everyone thinks the world is going to end with him in power. 
    Total fucking garbage. Of course he gives two shits. He’s making coin, yo! Independent appealing to the Team Trump Treason base. There’s money to be made!

You subscribe? Listen regularly? Buy the news letter?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Total fucking garbage. Of course he gives two shits. He’s making coin, yo! Independent appealing to the Team Trump Treason base. There’s money to be made!

Dang, dude. Rogan’s got your big boy tighties all twisted up. You gonna be okay?
    edited April 2020
    EarlWelsh said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Dang, dude. Rogan’s got your big boy tighties all twisted up. You gonna be okay?
    About what I figured from a fanBoy. I go commando. 

Bernie supporters pure as the driven snow. But lose bigger in a democratic primary in 2020, more so than in 2016, and love, just love, joe roggy, as a “man” amongst the people? And they’re worried about a flaming libtard’s whitey tighties because well, maybe, just maybe, they’re still for #queersagainstpete? Go figure.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
    EarlWelsh said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

But do YOU? Listen, subscribe, buy the newsletter? Supplements, maybe? Be honest?

Brilliantati©
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    EarlWelsh said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

But do YOU? Listen, subscribe, buy the newsletter? Supplements, maybe? Be honest?
    Hah.

I obviously listen/watch the podcast. 

What is the fucking point you’re trying to make with either of your last two posts?
  • lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 339
    edited April 2020
    EarlWelsh said:
    I occasionally watch his podcast - all driven by the guests and if I find them interesting.  
    Have been inspired and informed by a number of them
    Have turned people off quickly when I thought what they were talking about was dumb.
    Like his buddy Bert.  That moron makes me laugh, so hard.
    I saw Rogan a few times years ago, opening for other acts, and he was funny.
    Liked Fear Factor years back, as well.

Didn't know about his podcast for years and was told by others to check it out based on a few episodes and that was where I started paying any attention to him.

Had no idea about his Trump support....it does make me think worse of him, just as it makes me think worse of any person who supports that piece of crap.

He doesn’t support Trump. He said he’d vote for him before voting for Biden, as in he’d vote for anyone before voting for a man most likely in severe mental decline. It was a non-endorsement for Biden.
    How do you square voting for Team Trump Treason as not being support for him? Is Joe Rogan a doctor and qualified to make that assessment, based on what, exactly?
    Based on watching Slow Joe Biden trying to answer softball questions the past 6 months, and it’s getting worse.  Check out the Clinton News Networks townhall show last week w/ Biden.  You think President Trump made Hillary look bad in a debate...Creepy Joe is going to crawl back to his safe space for a hug and support from Obummer when President Trump is through with him..,
    At this point anyone voting Democrat better pray Slow Joe makes the right  choice for VP...or as Joe Rogan likes to say “This Match is Overrrrrrrr”
    Post edited by Kat on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    He's not just a stoner shooting the shit, that is a defense tactic that protects him from criticism for the ignorance he hosts and sometimes voices.  On the other hand, he is a comedian, and he is a stoner, and he doesn't take himself too seriously.  If he provides a platform for ignorance, and he DOES do that, don't fucking kid yourself, then he mostly does it for entertainment value.

I do get annoyed that he plays the fence-sitter when it's convenient and plays the passionate participant when that's convenient.

And I will say again, while he has plenty of listeners who listen for fun, he absolutely has a core fanbase of conspiracy-minded dolts who see the Illuminati behind every symbol when they hit the blunt.
    He is ABSOLUTELY the stupid man's smart man.

I like Joe, but the conspiracy stuff and the "Trump is funny" stuff makes it hard sometimes.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited April 2020
    EarlWelsh said:
    I occasionally watch his podcast - all driven by the guests and if I find them interesting.  
    Have turned people off quickly when I thought what they were talking about was dumb.

Didn't know about his podcast for years and was told by others to check it out based on a few episodes and that was where I started paying any attention to him.

Had no idea about his Trump support....it does make me think worse of him, just as it makes me think worse of any person who supports that piece of crap.

He doesn’t support Trump. He said he’d vote for him before voting for Biden, as in he’d vote for anyone before voting for a man most likely in severe mental decline. It was a non-endorsement for Biden.
    How do you square voting for Team Trump Treason as not being support for him? Is Joe Rogan a doctor and qualified to make that assessment, based on what, exactly?
    Based on watching Slow Joe Biden trying to answer softball questions the past 6 months, and it’s getting worse.  Check out the Clinton News Networks townhall show last week w/ Biden.  You think President Trump made Hillary look bad in a debate...Creepy Joe is going to crawl back to his safe space for a hug and support from Obummer when President Trump is through with him..,
    At this point anyone voting Democrat better pray Slow Joe makes the right  choice for VP...or as Joe Rogan likes to say “This Match is Overrrrrrrr”
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Nobody with an education and a grasp on English grammar thought that Trump made Clinton look bad in their debates lol

He won the Presidency, and you can argue he won the debates, but he didn't do it by making her look bad.  He did it by making himself look bad, which is what dumbshit hillbillies wanted.  They don't like a politician that speaks well and has a firm grasp on issues, because it makes them feel dumb and talked down to.  They want the guy up there who says "nobody knows more about nucular than me"
    Post edited by Kat on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I haven’t watched much but isn’t it his reputation that he is open minded and not swayed by being tied to a particular group? To ignore trump’s poor mental functioning goes against this
    He's making offhanded comments where you can hear him talking through stuff real time. He's not planting a flag and making an endorsement. He said he was supporting Bernie a couple weeks prior.

Folks who follow politics are used to pundits making bold proclamations. His podcast is people working out ideas and I can see where someone isn't used to that. Much of what he says isn't a final/ridgid thought on any topic.
    I'd argue that you can learn something about the average voter by listening to him and non-political guests talking politics. He's all over the place. We're used to listening to ideologues bicker with each other and no one moves an inch. Look at the guests he's had: Gary Johnson, Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard, Dan Crenshaw. 
    edited April 2020
    EarlWelsh said:

Yea, the match is over. Idiocy has won. Rah, rah, rah, USA, USA, USA! You back to work yet? Ready to go without your mask, about your day?
    Post edited by Kat on

Brilliantati©
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Closed for review.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    As a celebration of this thread going back online I give you this pure gold. Keep it clean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50caOW92Y5M

and part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUrGoCUaXvM

Thanks Kat!!
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dignin said:
    As a celebration of this thread going back online I give you this pure gold. Keep it clean.

and part 2

Thanks Kat!!
    Incredible
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    dignin said:

and part 2

Thanks Kat!!
    Incredible
    Isn't it?

We live in the future.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dignin said:
    static111 said:
    dignin said:

and part 2

Thanks Kat!!
    Incredible
    Isn't it?

We live in the future.
    Or do we?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    dignin said:
    static111 said:
    dignin said:

and part 2

Thanks Kat!!
    Incredible
    Isn't it?

We live in the future.
    Or do we?
    Joe Rogan Smoking GIF by Mena
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    tomorrows podcast, joe calls a doctor and asks if it is ok to inject disinfectant into the body, or use ultraviolet light inside the body, to kill corona.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    tomorrows podcast, joe calls a doctor and asks if it is ok to inject disinfectant into the body, or use ultraviolet light inside the body, to kill corona.
    Have you seen this already? I can’t believe he’d be that gullible. 

Link if you have it, please :)
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    hedonist said:
    Have you seen this already? I can’t believe he’d be that gullible. 

Link if you have it, please :)
    no i was just predicting because i am pretty sure it will get brought up.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I didn’t know Rogan was still doing anything. Couldn’t stand him hosting Fear Factor and haven’t noticed him since.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    I didn’t know Rogan was still doing anything. Couldn’t stand him in Newsradio and haven’t noticed him since.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Didn't like him on Fear Factor 20 years ago and then a few years ago noticed a podcast show up on my feed suggestions and had to look up if it was the same guy. Yep. Thought to myself, nah, not interested in listening to him. Glad some people enjoy him. He's not for me.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Who?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....