Pearl Jam Gigaton Prints

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
edited May 2020 in The Porch

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Well that price should keep flippers...and collectors away. 
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    I don't think that price is that bad. Too bad the Ames is the only one that really interests me. But they're awesome for certain. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Ames is cool in a “enjoy _____national park” poster kind of way.  
    Ames Bros

Ken Taylor

Krzysztof Domaradzki

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    RS65573 said:
    Well that price should keep flippers...and collectors away. 

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    How much!!!?
  • $250.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    ^^Yup, thought the same thing.
    I also really dig Domaradski's. Looks like it doesn't say PJ anywhere on it (perhaps in the lower right corner?)...which is kinda cool.
  • HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 96
    jjflash said:
    ^^Yup, thought the same thing.
    I also really dig Domaradski's. Looks like it doesn't say PJ anywhere on it (perhaps in the lower right corner?)...which is kinda cool.
    Domaradzki's is subtle but has Pearl Jam at the top and the rest is Gigaton. The image is in the letters. Very cool.
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    This is a huge trigger for me. I have been poster free for sometime now. I just got my 7 year poster tube (silver). My name is Densan, and I have a poster problem. The depths of Hell are testing my poster sobriety. I'll go and read my Big book of posters by Ames. The book helps me. Say a few poster prayers. They made me cut up an ames poster in rehab. I've never cried in public like that. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    LOL.  Stay strong Densan. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    The Ames one could have been the cover on a tenclub only version of the vinyl
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    densan said:
    This is a huge trigger for me. I have been poster free for sometime now. I just got my 7 year poster tube (silver). My name is Densan, and I have a poster problem. The depths of Hell are testing my poster sobriety. I'll go and read my Big book of posters by Ames. The book helps me. Say a few poster prayers. They made me cut up an ames poster in rehab. I've never cried in public like that. 
    Thanks for sharing
  • These are amazing!  Wonder if they will be in high demand given the price.  I really like Domaradzki's.

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022

Hey folks - hope everyone is keeping safe - I’m so happy to be able to share this image for an awesome project I worked on. Alongside these 2 legends @amesbros & @krzysztof_domaradzki I was asked to my interpretation of the new @pearljam album ‘gigaton’. These were originally going to be released at a pop up store in NYC on the day of the album release. They have arrived in Australia and I will be signing mine today! Each artist will be putting their prints up for sale on Monday 20th April 2020 at various times. Thank you so much to everyone involved - @mrtsurt & @ianwilliamsart really moved mountains to make this happen. Here are the details below...
    These are large format 7 colour serigraphs (30inch x 30inch) on 100% cotton archival paper with hand deck led edges (320gsm Coventry rag) Each design is limited to 200 pieces total - all are hand numbered. The artists will be selling the odd numbers. Ten Club will sell the even numbers at a later date. There is the official serial number security label on verso. All of mine are signed. All prints are $250 USD.
    Mine will go on sale Monday 20th 6pm CDT (US time) which is Tuesday 21st 9am (Australian EST) at www.beyondthepale.com.au #pearljam #artprints #art #gigaton #tsurt #kentaylor

krzysztof_domaradzki

I am beyond happy to finally share the @pearljam Gigaton print I had a huge pleasure of working on 😎 Another dream of mine just came true!
    As I’m told these prints are unlike any other that have been done for the band before — each artist (I was among such great artists like @kentaylorart and @amesbros 🤩) was asked to do their interpretation of the “Gigaton” album and these prints were originally going to be released at an NYC pop — up shop the day of the album release.
    If everything goes well I will be putting my prints on sale via my online shop Monday April 20.2020 and You can all follow me here for updates on this!
    Pearl Jam Gigaton Large Format Serigraph, Seven Color Serigraph on Coventry Rag 320 GSM, 100% Cotton Archival Paper with hand—deckled edges. Each design is limited to 200 pieces total and hand numbered. I will be selling the odd numbers and each copy will be signed as well. Each print also includes Official Pearl Jam serial numbered security label on verso
    Price $250-USD

#pearljam #artprint #art #artwork #gigaton #krzysztofdomaradzki #tsurt

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Is the serial number supposed to prevent flipping?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    I'm not a buyer at $250, but some of you are overlooking the fact that these are massive - 30"x30" - by comparison to a standard 18x24 gig posters.  Framed out, you're looking at a 9-square-foot block on your wall. 

Definitely a statement kind of piece, and limited edition.. $250 doesn't seem that crazy.  That being said, I only like the first one.
  • Ames Bros has a real Lawren Harris vibe to me. Pretty cool. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is the serial number supposed to prevent flipping?
    bootlegging
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    These look fantastic. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Ames Bros has a real Lawren Harris vibe to me. Pretty cool. 
    Odd how this seems to be the first time in a while people seem to dig an Ames design more than others. I also like theirs the most, followed closely by the Domaradzki. 
  • angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    Tough call for me. The Ames is nice, but I like the "real" photo better. Feels a bit like they swiped a page out of Steve Thomas's Adobe book. I LOVE Taylor's art, but I'm not seeing enough of a connection to the music in this print (unless I'm missing something).
    The Domaradzki one gets better each time I look at it.

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    They're all pretty sharp but I'm more excited to see the show posters that he teased.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• densandensan Posts: 563
    Ames for me as well, but the red sun looks too much like the Japanese flag. No disrespect to Japan. I think it would be better left off. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.