Pearl Jam is returning to Europe in 2020

1141516171820»

Comments

• JPPJ84 said:
    Some people always find something to complain about... when they postponed NA, some people cried hysteria. Now they're waiting some people cry injustice. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. BTW, they didn't slam Trump for the virus, they criticized a lack of guidance and communication. What does it matter if they're waiting another couple of weeks? Either you'll get refunds or you don't, that won't change by waiting a bit. And is it really so incomprehensible that they don't want to sit on huge costs and therefore wait for the authorities to shut the festivals down? It's not like the festivals themselves are doing it voluntarily. That doesn't mean anybody wants to endanger anyone.
    Lol. I didn’t say he blamed him for the virus itself.   That was some dude in a Chinese wet market   I do see how you could interpret what I wrote that way.  So my bad for not making my already too long post longer.  We all know what he did. It was still a silly, unnecessary swipe. I would have hoped you got the reference. 

Oh, and were you on the Trump is a racist for shutting down flights from China in January?   Wonder what Ed was thinking about that at the time. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    kst said:
    They postponed NA with 9 days notice.  There are still 81 days before Frankfurt.  Obviously it’s not going to happen but they have plenty of time to say so.  If there is some advantage to them to wait for governments to state the obvious before they do I don’t blame them at all for waiting.  It’s not like any of us are going to do anything differently.
    Well anyone short on cash that can get refunds sooner for cancelled shows might disagree with you.

And I’m not complaining.  I don’t care when or even if they do it.
    You’re assuming they’ll offer refunds when they postpone.  That is likely, but it’s not a given.  They might hold the money until they announce new dates and make people wait until then for refunds.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    kst said:
    kst said:
    They postponed NA with 9 days notice.  There are still 81 days before Frankfurt.  Obviously it’s not going to happen but they have plenty of time to say so.  If there is some advantage to them to wait for governments to state the obvious before they do I don’t blame them at all for waiting.  It’s not like any of us are going to do anything differently.
    Well anyone short on cash that can get refunds sooner for cancelled shows might disagree with you.

You’re assuming they’ll offer refunds when they postpone.  That is likely, but it’s not a given.  They might hold the money until they announce new dates and make people wait until then for refunds.  
    If a gig is cancelled/postponed they have to offer a refund when they inform you of the cancellation/postponement and usually you receive it within 14 days
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    kst said:
    kst said:

If a gig is cancelled/postponed they have to offer a refund when they inform you of the cancellation/postponement and usually you receive it within 14 days
    There are multiple reports of postponed tours not offering refunds.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    kst said:
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    kst said:
    kst said:

In Europe, you have to propose refund if a show is rescheduled to another date.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    kst said:
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    kst said:
    kst said:

In Europe, you have to propose refund if a show is rescheduled to another date.
    Yup
  • one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    edited April 2020
    Austria has just extended the ban for all events until end of June. While this still would leave the PJ date at Stadthalle intact, I am sure Germany will follow suit in the next days and the cancellation/postponment will become official soon.

Let's hope that they reschedule and already give us new dates for next year. Have checked my flights for this tour and they would - givent the circumstances - currently almost all be transferable to a later date free of charge...

And without new dates it would be difficult to decide if applying for refund or keeping the tickets (depending if the order of concerts stays intact etc.)

I know it's a bit early to think about that and there are more important issues around now, but I need some distraction (besides Gigaton) from the current status quo.
    It will be interesting to see what Germany, Sweden and Denmark do, those being the hosts of the June shows.

• whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    The London theatre group has extended the crowd restrictions through June. This puts Hyde Park concert (July 10) in even greater question. I'm now just planning to attend this at its postponed date which should be in July 2021.

This virus just fucked our spring and summer events (for those of us who survive).
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    kst said:
    It will be interesting to see what Germany, Sweden and Denmark do, those being the hosts of the June shows.

Denmark PM just said no big events until the end of August...
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 293
    I got an email today saying my flight from Finland to Austria is cancelled...this tour is not happening. Good news is we will not loose any money, thanks to the voucher we got from the airline.
    Let's all be safe and hope we survive this virus.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Yep. Hopefully we can all use these travel vouchers building up.    Will be tough to cram two tours worth of flights into a 3-4 month period if these tours even get rescheduled in the next 12 months.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Hopefully if and when they fully postpone the whole tour we can have the new dates right away so we can rebook. 
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    I am sort of hoping they cancel altogether and set up a wider tour next summer. 

If you look at what is going on in Hungary for example, I don't really have any desire to visit them anymore. 
    https://www.ccn.com/hexit-eu-and-hungary-battle-over-european-corona-crisis-pandemic/
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Gutted had Ten club tickets for Hyde park to take my two teenagers to their first PJ gig, and my Gigaton bundle hasn't arrived despite being sent nearly 2 weeks ago :(
    Perspective though, we are healthy and safe as can be under the circumstances which is the main thing right now, look after one another people. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    This is going to blow when its cancelled and everything is cool by June 1 but at this point what else can be done.  It's been really tough to try and plan a European trip when we don't even know if we can cross borders from countries within the EU. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I'd love to live in a world where this will all be cool by June 1.  Maybe in 2021.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    This is going to blow when its cancelled and everything is cool by June 1 but at this point what else can be done.  It's been really tough to try and plan a European trip when we don't even know if we can cross borders from countries within the EU. 
    Ya if travel is opened back up this summer in Europe its going to be next to impossible to get money back from hotels/airfare for those of us that gambled on the no refund route. I know it will be impossible to do since it would take a long time to plan out but it would make things much easier I think if they do cancel the rest of 2020 for Europe to have dates in 2021 we could use to transfer our credits or reserves over to. Companies maybe less likely to give anything back in the summer but if we had something to go off of maybe we could just rebook. 
  • sr-71sr-71 Posts: 57
    Here in switzerland , the goverment has shine a light for the exit of this crisis, business comes first , at the end comes the event industry, means only , when everything will will be fine , we will have concerts, festivals , exibitions.
    That will take a while.........(maybe autum).

Most countries have closed their borders for non residents, so these restricions have to be lifted aswell, before concerts can happen

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    PJNB said:
    Hopefully if and when they fully postpone the whole tour we can have the new dates right away so we can rebook. 
    This is the best we can hope for on Friday, fingers crossed for new dates! Give us all something to look forward to. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Just get the final kick to my balls out of the way please.

I've never looked forward to a trip more than I was for this.

Fuck this fucking virus.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Pearl Jam 2020 European Tour Postponed
    News April 9 2020

In light of the global COVID-19 pandemic, Pearl Jam's 2020 European tour dates have been postponed until June/July 2021.

We are working with all of our partners to reschedule these dates and will release the new tour routing as soon as we are able.

All tickets will be honored for the rescheduled concert dates.

Refunds are not being offered at this time. However, we are still reviewing specific ticketing policies with our partners in each country. Ticket holders will be notified of any changes.

As previously announced, London's BST festival was cancelled on April 8th. For more information and the event statement, please go here.

We look forward to returning to Europe in 2021!

This discussion has been closed.