The Golf Thread

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Well now the Masters has been postponed not canceled. This is certainly getting worse.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Good god. I mean it had to happen, but goodness
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    The Masters is now postponed. This sucks
    It would be quite different having the Masters played in the fall. They just have to TRY and find a way to play this tourney in 2020.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited March 2020
    This is fucking depressing. 

I'm hitting the links tomorrow.And maybe Sunday. Figure it's safer out there than most place. Talk about social distancing. I might self quarantine out there.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Time to get out of bed and get to the range just to get my mind off stuff. I need to Work on my irons, chipping and putting.

I haven't hit in a week due to minor foot surgery then an inflamed bunyun. Damn its painful could barely walk but I'm hitting today.

Peace

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    This is fucking depressing. 

I'm hitting the links tomorrow.And maybe Sunday. Figure it's safer out there than most place. Talk about social distancing. I might self quarantine out there.

salt lake county closed all their courses. crazy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I might just go walk courses if/when they all close down. I mean, who’s gonna be patrolling golf courses? If I get caught, I’ll play dumb. Literally nothing else to do. 
    ponytd said:
    The Masters is now postponed. This sucks
    I’d prefer this over no fans. Part of the Masters experience is the roar of the crowd. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    If the courses are not open when the warm weather comes I'm gonna be pissed.   I belong to a private club so hopefully that wouldn't shutdown. 
    Starting to wave goodbye to my epic Irish golf journey in July.  Hopefully can get refunds of greens fees. 
    edited March 2020
    Courses around me are still open despite the governor strongly suggesting they close. So I got out there yesterday. Played like shit though. Still nice to get out of the house. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I should have bought a house and got a golf simulator.  The future of golf.
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    I've got tee times at St Andrew's and Carnoustie in October, so I hope all this has passed well before then. I also need it to not rain here and get colder on the weekends so I can go play since there's no NCAA tourney games going on
    My local public golf course that I frequent the most just closed down.  The rest that I play will follow soon.  Looks like I'll be sneaking on when the weather breaks. 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    I live in IL, and we have a "shelter in place" order.  Thursday, the Illinois PGA, after speaking to the governor's office, told golf courses it was okay to stay open, walking only, clubhouse closed.  Friday, this was completely reversed and all courses ordered closed.  Just cruel for us golfers to get our hopes up one day and crush them the next.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    Courses still open in Indiana.  Played nine holes three times this week.  Will see how long they stay open.  People have to stay diligent about the distancing and if they don’t it is shut down for everyone.

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Courses still open here in FL. Playing tomorrow morning. 
    Played 18 this morning. We were the first group out. We had 2 bets going. First was Wolf and then 2nd was head to head match play. I won Wolf and I won my match 1up. Won about $50, nice Sunday. 
    What was pin situation?   Cup raised an inch?  PVC pipe inside the cup?   My course uses the PVC inside the cup so the ball doesn’t go to the bottom. 
    On the practice green the cups were raised. On the course the pins were in and they had pool noodles in the cups. No rakes on the course.
    Got my Golf Digest with Tiger on the cover and a Master's preview.

DAG. FUCKING. NABBIT.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    AZ declared golf "essential" during the stay at home order.
    Seems to be that way for us here in FL too
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    bbiggs said:
    Haha!  My brother sent me a picture of him playing Quintero a few days ago, just to taunt me.  They don't want to lose all the golf revenue right now in peak season.  Maybe in May, when it gets hot, and the virus hits AZ harder, they shut it down...I'm so hard up that I'm going to drive from IL to Indiana tomorrow to play.  Only about an hr drive, and it's supposed to be a warm day.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    ddeschler said:
    bbiggs said:
    Haha!  My brother sent me a picture of him playing Quintero a few days ago, just to taunt me.  They don't want to lose all the golf revenue right now in peak season.  Maybe in May, when it gets hot, and the virus hits AZ harder, they shut it down...I'm so hard up that I'm going to drive from IL to Indiana tomorrow to play.  Only about an hr drive, and it's supposed to be a warm day.
    That's awesome.  I'm in IL too.  My plan has been to just walk on a local course and hope I don't get caught.  Not sure if I'll put that plan into action, but that's what I'm thinking for now.

bflynn1 said:
    Even with the new shut down?

Your governor is a fool
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    anyone playing WGT? 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

My county in Indiana shut golf down for April.  Get to pay club dues for a course I can’t plan and then drive and pay to play somewhere else.  
    edited April 2020
    bflynn1 said:
    Even with the new shut down?

Your governor is a fool
    Yep, deemed as "essential" for outdoor recreation/mental health. Playing 18 tomorrow and Saturday. Walking or 1 person per cart only, no touching the flagsticks, no rakes in the bunkers. Carts washed and sanitized after each round.
    Post edited by bflynn1 on