Pearl Jam is returning to Europe in 2020

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited March 2020
    kst said:
    There are conflicting reports on whether the Olympics have been postponed or are soon to be postponed.  Either way it doesn’t look good.
    I think it will soon. The athletes have spoke. They are locked at home unable to train right now. Even if (big if) it was viable to have in Japan this summer the athletes would not be at the level they need to be to compete. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    one_stone said:
    I habe been very positive about the tour happening for quite some time (June is a few month away) but sitting here semi quarantined in Austria watching what happening just 300km away in Italy I think Summer Tours will definitely be cancelled... We can just hope that we don't get hit as hard as Italy here but the case numbers are growing... The most reliable news I saw that shuts down touring was, that the Czech Republic will close their borders for at least the next 6 month from now on. (Source: Main Austrian News Agency - sorry only in German... https://orf.at/stories/3158919/)
    Yep, it's possible that borders will remain closed for the rest of the year. Germany also saying that some measures will last into the next year. Maybe there will be some exceptions within the Schengen zone but probably not for US citizens. 
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    Hope the Europe tour happens next Summer. I think a lot of people would struggle financially to get to these gigs if they were postponed till later in the year.
    matt84 said:
    Hope the Europe tour happens next Summer. I think a lot of people would struggle financially to get to these gigs if they were postponed till later in the year.
    Everything is already payed for with me aside for food of course. We went non refundable on a lot of our travels to save some money. Great idea looking back at it. If they are cancelled my wife and I get a credit of $1400 each to use before Dec 1st 2020 for another flight with Air Canada. That is if they even deem it ok to give credits for the summer when the there is a chance the travel bans maybe lifted. We were credited for our spring tour flights too from Air Canada. When it is all said and done we will have over $2000 each to spend on flights before the end of the year. Mine is closer to $3000. 

On top of that we will have to try and get a SwissAir flight and Lot Air flight refunded which is likely to never happen so that money is likely to be gone and I bet they get huge bailouts from the government on top of our money they will have. Not sure I can afford to not go at this point and this is coming from someone that had to close their business down over a week ago. Wish you the best on your finances this is going to be a rough one for a lot of us. It sure would be nice if and when these dates get moved we could just carry over our travel plans. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Zac Brown Band has cancelled not postponed their remaining 2020 dates.  Even if PJ Europe 2020 becomes PJ Europe 2021 that would be much better than outright cancellation.  In fact having this tour to look forward to would be an excellent thing to have.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    kst said:
    Zac Brown Band has cancelled not postponed their remaining 2020 dates.  Even if PJ Europe 2020 becomes PJ Europe 2021 that would be much better than outright cancellation.  In fact having this tour to look forward to would be an excellent thing to have.
    I think that's the best we can hope for everything put back 12 months same venues etc wherever possible 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    kst said:
    I think that's the best we can hope for everything put back 12 months same venues etc wherever possible 
    Absolutely! And they did say the tickets will be honored so that’s good, even if the new shows are a year later
    Claptons May/June Euro tour pushed to Spring 2021.
    JPPJ84 said:
    kst said:
    Absolutely! And they did say the tickets will be honored so that’s good, even if the new shows are a year later
    They said if they were to postpone the tickets would still be valid.  They did not say they would necessarily postpone as opposed to cancel.  I hope that part was implied.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    kst said:
    putting it back a year is arguably a cancellation of sorts. On a new album release we could possibly have expected another short run in Europe next summer around the festivals again.....
    and I'm not complaining I should add.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    pdalowsky said:
    kst said:
    putting it back a year is arguably a cancellation of sorts. On a new album release we could possibly have expected another short run in Europe next summer around the festivals again.....
    Right.  
    I highly doubt we would have had back to back Europe tours. Seems like every two years has been the norm lately with the 2016 tour that was supposed to happen that did not. If and when the tour is cancelled/postponed I hope the rescheduled dates take into consideration that the order of shows matter for a lot of us. The spicy 3 still need to be back to back to back imo if possible for example and other runs need to be together as well I would hope for travellers that stacked multiple shows together. Yes worse things to worry about right now but I hope its considered if they reschedule.

Also people saying the best case scenario is a tour next summer. I am still sticking to a best case scenario is a world that we can have concerts this summer however unlikely that is to be. That is the best case scenario whether you are comfortable yourself to go to a concert or not. These guys will make the right decision when they think they need to and I know it will be the right one as was the spring tour decision. 
    PJNB said:
    I highly doubt we would have had back to back Europe tours. Seems like every two years has been the norm lately with the 2016 tour that was supposed to happen that did not. If and when the tour is cancelled/postponed I hope the rescheduled dates take into consideration that the order of shows matter for a lot of us. The spicy 3 still need to be back to back to back imo if possible for example and other runs need to be together as well I would hope for travellers that stacked multiple shows together. Yes worse things to worry about right now but I hope its considered if they reschedule.

Also people saying the best case scenario is a tour next summer. I am still sticking to a best case scenario is a world that we can have concerts this summer however unlikely that is to be. That is the best case scenario whether you are comfortable yourself to go to a concert or not. These guys will make the right decision when they think they need to and I know it will be the right one as was the spring tour decision. 
    I know this isnt 2009 anymore but that was the case in 2009 and 2010 with the Backspacer release, the band were active in the promotion. USA tours in 2013 and 2014 off the back of LB. It all depends on timing of the release I guess and the demand from big festivals....

either way if this year doesnt happen, and next year does, the likely tour we would maybe have got in 2022 wont happen so the same logic applies LOL
    pdalowsky said:
    PJNB said:

I know this isnt 2009 anymore but that was the case in 2009 and 2010 with the Backspacer release, the band were active in the promotion. USA tours in 2013 and 2014 off the back of LB. It all depends on timing of the release I guess and the demand from big festivals....

either way if this year doesnt happen, and next year does, the likely tour we would maybe have got in 2022 wont happen so the same logic applies LOL
    It does for sure lol. Who knows what we have in store for us in the next 18 months from these guys. We went from the biggest touring year since 2006 to a big question mark of whats next. South America and Australia need some love too soon. Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. Maybe we get back to back Europe 2021/2022 and back on track with the even years. 

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    kst said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    kst said:
    They said if they were to postpone the tickets would still be valid.  They did not say they would necessarily postpone as opposed to cancel.  I hope that part was implied.
    Don't make me panic! I read it as "IF we have to postpone, opposed to being able to play". With a new album out, luckily they'll absolutely want to play Europe.
    And PJNB, I agree, of course this year is the best case scenario!! It sucks for all people who put so much money in it.
  • Do ppl actually think i SHOULDNT cancel Europe at this point?? I know I should but my will to live is not allowing me to pull the trigger.  I'm so fucking sad, as I'm sure you all are.  It was my honeymoon trip saved money, put aside even while I was planning my wedding last year BEFORE IT WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED, knowing that whenever they came back to Europe we would finally go and call it our Honeymoon.  I'm so fucking sad :(
    Do ppl actually think i SHOULDNT cancel Europe at this point?? I know I should but my will to live is not allowing me to pull the trigger.  I'm so fucking sad, as I'm sure you all are.  It was my honeymoon trip saved money, put aside even while I was planning my wedding last year BEFORE IT WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED, knowing that whenever they came back to Europe we would finally go and call it our Honeymoon.  I'm so fucking sad :(
    Sorry to hear this. This is how I would weigh my options if I were you. For me personally I would wait till the announcement to make cancelations but you mention "my will to live" which I am not sure I get. Are you saying if the tour is on and the world is better that you still will fear the virus enough to not make the trip?

- What do you benefit canceling now over canceling if and when they finally make the announcement?
    - Can you live with canceling now and the small chance the tour happens and now you are likely not going to go do to inflated traveling prices?
    - Can you not just delay your honeymoon a year from now when the likely new dates will be made?
  • PJNB said:
    Do ppl actually think i SHOULDNT cancel Europe at this point?? I know I should but my will to live is not allowing me to pull the trigger.  I'm so fucking sad, as I'm sure you all are.  It was my honeymoon trip saved money, put aside even while I was planning my wedding last year BEFORE IT WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED, knowing that whenever they came back to Europe we would finally go and call it our Honeymoon.  I'm so fucking sad :(
    Sorry to hear this. This is how I would weigh my options if I were you. For me personally I would wait till the announcement to make cancelations but you mention "my will to live" which I am not sure I get. Are you saying if the tour is on and the world is better that you still will fear the virus enough to not make the trip?

- What do you benefit canceling now over canceling if and when they finally make the announcement?
    - Can you live with canceling now and the small chance the tour happens and now you are likely not going to go do to inflated traveling prices?
    - Can you not just delay your honeymoon a year from now when the likely new dates will be made?
    Shoot I didn't even think of my words taking that way - but how appropriate!! Wow! What I meant is my will to live is equal to my will to go to these shows!!

I can't Imagine Italy is going to happen... Vienna??? I can delay a year of course I would but that delays a lot of other stuff a year too that we were planning :( 
    I agree with PJNB that unless there is something to gain by cancelling now you may as well wait and see.  

As far as honeymoon, I know someone who was supposed to go on honeymoon shortly after 9/11.  They deferred their honeymoon and 19 years later are still going strong!

Download Festival just cancelled. It was almost exactly 1 month before Hyde Park. 
    Wimbledon is also talking about cancelling.

Pretty much the only festivals that haven’t cancelled are the ones on the PJ tour.  My best guess is PJ doesn’t want any cancellations the week of the album release.  I get that.  The whole situation is really unimaginable.

I’d anticipate announcements next week and hope it’s just a postponement.  

• whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    It's nearing the end of March and I'm on pins and needles waiting for word if the Hyde Park London concert will be canceled outright, or postponed to July of 2021. If the show is still on for this year, I'll happily attend as I'll be desperate to attend a public event in my favorite city on Earth. But if there are still travel and crowd size restrictions, it should be postponed until next year, with our tickets being good for the new date.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
    My prediction on the Hyde Park PJ show:

Postponed:  50%
    Cancelled:  49.9%
    Proceeds as scheduled:  0.1%

• aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    edited March 2020
    According to a French DJ who is generally well informed, announcement will be made about the postponement of the European leg to 2021...Bu maybe it’s only about Lolapalooza Paris ...
    Post edited by aurelgugus on
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 293
    According to a French DJ who is generally well informed, announcement will be made about the postponement of the European leg to 2021...Bu maybe it’s only about Lolapalooza Paris ...
    I hope when the postponement comes that they don't wait until december to announce the new dates...just announce them as soon as they have the new dates. That should give people more time to save money and get better airfares.
    Postponement is better than cancellation.  I think it will be the whole tour as opposed to show by show.  And yes, the sooner they could announce the new dates, the better.  And hopefully the order of the shows stays the same for people planning to travel to a few in a row.

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    kst said:
    I agree with PJNB that unless there is something to gain by cancelling now you may as well wait and see.  

As far as honeymoon, I know someone who was supposed to go on honeymoon shortly after 9/11.  They deferred their honeymoon and 19 years later are still going strong!
    I know the feeling.  Got married Oct 6th 2001.  Took our honeymoon January 2003.  And yes still going strong 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    kst said:
    My prediction on the Hyde Park PJ show:

Postponed:  50%
    Cancelled:  49.9%
    Proceeds as scheduled:  0.1%

It's not going to happen, not with the current prediction of this lockdown lasting until September.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    Unfortunately the question is will it be postponed or cancelled there is no way it's going ahead as planned 
This discussion has been closed.