Options

First of 2 albums??

Comments

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Here's my drunken Friday night guess....
    Side B: Mayday 
    5/1/20
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    *Puts told foil hat on*

Didn’t Dimi post that they are about to blow our minds a few months back? We had already known about an album coming and a tour in the works. So maybe this is what he was referring to.

*thinks about taking tinfoil hat off, keeps it on because it’s more fun to believe in a 2nd album*
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    ry75guy said:
    *Puts told foil hat on*

Didn’t Dimi post that they are about to blow our minds a few months back? We had already known about an album coming and a tour in the works. So maybe this is what he was referring to.

*thinks about taking tinfoil hat off, keeps it on because it’s more fun to believe in a 2nd album*
    He and raindog were having a dispute over the status of the album.  Raid dog said they were still working, dimi said they were done. One of the last thing dimi said on the matter was that the amount of songs changed and the release date moved.  He Didn’t say how many songs or what the original date was. 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    jesselmsjesselms Posts: 41
    This is ridiculous 
  • Options
    jesselms said:
    This is ridiculous 
    May? Yes.  The idea they recorded 2 albums of material? Not really at all.
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    jesselms said:
    This is ridiculous 

Oooo...so you think it’s 3 albums? Now we’re talkin!

Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    So, anybody figured out yet what the phrases on the back of the C-side mean? Saw ‘Is this you?’ And ‘In the midst of the 6th’.
  • Options
    JV267526JV267526 Posts: 197
    So, anybody figured out yet what the phrases on the back of the C-side mean? Saw ‘Is this you?’ And ‘In the midst of the 6th’.
    "In the midst of the 6th," refers to the 6th mass extinction, and the one 86-45-2020 refers to removing Trump in 2020.
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    While thinking about what Josh Evan's said in that interview, I'd also refer everyone to Mr. Mike McCready who last fall in some interviews basically said that not much was going on with the band. Meanwhile they were finishing up an album and a world tour was being booked.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I doubt it

Plus the artists in them would never stick to a similar art theme for two albums in a row lol
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    NDJeff7 said:
    While thinking about what Josh Evan's said in that interview, I'd also refer everyone to Mr. Mike McCready who last fall in some interviews basically said that not much was going on with the band. Meanwhile they were finishing up an album and a world tour was being booked.
    LOL. Good point.  Also no one mentioned they were piece by piece building their own recording studio. 
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 901
    I’m super doubtful there’s going to be another album dropping in less than three years. I dont think the guys want to do these world tours that often, I don’t blame them. The road has to be hell after awhile while you’re away from your families.
  • Options
    JV267526JV267526 Posts: 197
    KN219077 said:
    I’m super doubtful there’s going to be another album dropping in less than three years. I dont think the guys want to do these world tours that often, I don’t blame them. The road has to be hell after awhile while you’re away from your families.
    They were referring to legs of the tour though.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    There is a clean version in Hd....maybe??
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    KN219077 said:
     Their "world tours" aren't all that long
    Their families are generally with them on tour
    They don't HAVE to tour just because they released an album. 
     Since everything is on hold, now would be a great time to mix any unfinished tracks and prep something else
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 901
    NewJPage said:
    KN219077 said:
     Since everything is on hold, now would be a great time to mix any unfinished tracks and prep something else
    The band is an organization that feeds many mouths at this point. I’m sure there is anlot of pressure to tour. I can’t imagine being in my mid fifties and still wanting to hit the road hard
  • Options
    Aight I have my tin foil hat securely fastened.  Anniversary of the first show is this year and PJ30 is next year.  They’ve talked a lot about how they’re done looking back.  Maybe they’ll blow by both anniversaries with 2 albums. 
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    edited March 2020
    Right now, I think it is a concept idea but I believe it will happen.
    It might be even bigger than most are willing to dream about. Think "Mamasan Trilogy".
    Post edited by densan on
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    KN219077 said:

Jamming out live music in front of 15k fans....i don't think that ever gets old...it has to be an epic adrenaline rush every nite....they have figured out how to break things up pretty well, have family with them for a bit, they have the best road crew...this is and will always be a touring band that loves to tour..

There is at least another side to this album and it is ready.  This is not a complete album....to me after the first couple listens it is more like a chapter.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    I think there’s something to this, considering the rumours about a double album. Plus, right now we assume that Can’t deny me just got cut off the album, but what if they put it n the second half of Gigaton, then the “from the forthcoming album” would still be true
  • Options
    ... or what if the second half is fan club only and is the final ten club singles in the form of a Gigaton add on with some b sides
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    edited March 2020
    I think there’s something to this, considering the rumours about a double album. Plus, right now we assume that Can’t deny me just got cut off the album, but what if they put it n the second half of Gigaton, then the “from the forthcoming album” would still be true
    Yep.. i'm convinced there was an entire album ready to roll early to mid 2018.  For reasons unknown it was scrapped, and I think most of Gigaton was written and recorded afterwards. I agree that they will revisit the unreleased material from the Can't deny me sessions and release another album pretty quick.
    Post edited by mr bungle on
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    mr bungle said:
    Yep.. i'm convinced there was an entire album ready to roll early to mid 2018.  For reasons unknown it was scrapped, and I think most of Gigaton was written and recorded afterwards. I agree that they will revisit the unreleased material from the Can't deny me sessions and release another album pretty quick.
    I’ve felt the same exact thing as well. Swapped producers at some point too. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,044
    mr bungle said:
    Could it have been a scheduling conflict with Brendan O'Brien - Pearl Jam missed their slot and Brendan had to go do something else. So they went with another producer, doing new things.

And now maybe Brendan have time to revisit those old sessions. 

Maybe.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    KN219077 said:
    NewJPage said:
    KN219077 said:
    The band is an organization that feeds many mouths at this point. I’m sure there is anlot of pressure to tour. I can’t imagine being in my mid fifties and still wanting to hit the road hard
    Don’t see that. Anyone who relies on a PJ tour for regular income must be on unemployment a  lot.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,044
    mace1229 said:
    KN219077 said:
    NewJPage said:
    KN219077 said:
    Don’t see that. Anyone who relies on a PJ tour for regular income must be on unemployment a  lot.
    They have crew to pay.

Metallica has to tour X shows per year to have the Metallica machine function.

Pearl Jams overhead costs could be way smaller - but I would think touring is where the money for the organization comes in. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcrok said:
    KN219077 said:

Jamming out live music in front of 15k fans....i don't think that ever gets old...it has to be an epic adrenaline rush every nite....they have figured out how to break things up pretty well, have family with them for a bit, they have the best road crew...this is and will always be a touring band that loves to tour..

There is at least another side to this album and it is ready.  This is not a complete album....to me after the first couple listens it is more like a chapter.
    I think KN is right. Lots of artists have talked about not liking being on the road like KN said. Especially with families like PJ has.

I also don’t see any indication of a second album. All these rumors are coming from a picture of a half lung and side A from the CD. Both seem like just artwork. I can’t see the picture meaning anything, and the CD is just having some fun with their love for vinyl.
    What makes you sure sure at least another side is ready? Anything other than those 2 things just mentioned?

At best there’s a partially scrapped Can’t Deny Me album that may make a LD 2 some day.
  • Options
    I don’t think CDM just got cut. According to josh the only songs every seriously considered are the ones on it. He said they never even recorded anything else. Whatever CDM was intended for was something completely different and scrapped entirely. Who knows if that was the only song or how close they actually were to an album. Given that Gigaton is a new producer with all new songs, it makes sense that the previous album hadn’t gotten very far. Unless they just didn’t like it any the material and would be embarrassed to release it, to go though all those changes seems unlikely to me there was something nearly ready to go.
  • Options
    I do wish it was asked in that variety piece where Josh goes through each track. He mentions recording started happening in 2017, which also seems to be when they recorded that group of songs with Can’t Deny Me with Brendan. Stone has said that CDM was what they thought was the best song of that group. 
    I’m do wonder why the switch of producers was made, but still keep Brendan around to do keys. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    I do wish it was asked in that variety piece where Josh goes through each track. He mentions recording started happening in 2017, which also seems to be when they recorded that group of songs with Can’t Deny Me with Brendan. Stone has said that CDM was what they thought was the best song of that group. 
    I’m do wonder why the switch of producers was made, but still keep Brendan around to do keys. 
    He only did keys on 1 or 2 songs, right?