Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• SuefireSuefire Posts: 116
    Hey everyone, took a break from here for a bit but the day just got a little brighter!! ...Hope everyone is staying safe and smart out there!  This will pass like everything else and we all will be hoisting beers in baltimore in good time! Until then, take care of yourselves people!    "....we all walk the long road". 
    Where's the "like" button on these posts?!  =)  Great pic!
  • SuefireSuefire Posts: 116
    MF117973 said:
    Awesome. Hope you can make our Zoom party on Saturday night. Details to come.

We plan to be here for it!!  Thanks for setting it up!

• epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 642
    Suefire said:
    Hey everyone, took a break from here for a bit but the day just got a little brighter!! ...Hope everyone is staying safe and smart out there!  This will pass like everything else and we all will be hoisting beers in baltimore in good time! Until then, take care of yourselves people!    "....we all walk the long road". 
    Where's the "like" button on these posts?!  =)  Great pic!
    Agreed

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    edited March 2020
    OK. So, I set us up a Zoom meeting room for Saturday night. I started it at 7:30pm East Coast time (when the Baltimore show would have started - sigh) - I hope everyone can pop in. I think the room can hold up to 300 people so if there are others in the Forum that don't regularly check this thread - spread the word. I have the "room" until 10:00pm. I assume people will pop in and out during those times. If we decide to make it longer, we can just start another meeting. See below for the information. I don't think you have to have a zoom account to join, but you may need to download the software when you first log in. I am bummed that I won't be in Baltimore Saturday night - but hanging out with you guys will take some of the sting out of it. Here is the info:

Marni is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: PJ
    Time: Mar 28, 2020 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://jjay-cuny.zoom.us/j/3860081792

Meeting ID: 386 008 1792

Post edited by GlowGirl on
    edited March 2020
    MF117973 said:
    OK. So, I set us up a Zoom meeting room for Saturday night. I started it at 7:30pm East Coast time (when the Baltimore show would have started - sigh) - I hope everyone can pop in. I think the room can hold up to 300 people so if there are others in the Forum that don't regularly check this thread - spread the word. I have the "room" until 10:00pm. I assume people will pop in and out during those times. If we decide to make it longer, we can just start another meeting. See below for the information. I don't think you have to have a zoom account to join, but you may need to download the software when you first log in. I am bummed that I won't be in Baltimore Saturday night - but hanging out with you guys will take some of the sting out of it. Here is the info:

Join Zoom Meeting

Will be there!!

So how is it you are not on the spreadsheet???
    just noticed that lol
    Post edited by epbadger on
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

See y'all then!
  • ApecarroApecarro Posts: 118
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

Best meeting topic ever. See y’all on Saturday!
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

Will be there!!

just noticed that lol
    I am on the spreadsheet page for upgrades. It is the second tab. I had already gotten crappy tickets from the VF sale. So I was F5ing for upgrades. 
    MF117973 said:
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

Will be there!!

just noticed that lol
    I am on the spreadsheet page for upgrades. It is the second tab. I had already gotten crappy tickets from the VF sale. So I was F5ing for upgrades. 
    Ahhhh!!! yes!!!!
     now I see

• B4idiejetsB4idiejets NJ Posts: 346
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

Sounds cool!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

Nice! So we’re all just hanging? How does this work with a big crowd so we all aren’t talking over each other? 🤔
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

Nice! So we’re all just hanging? How does this work with a big crowd so we all aren’t talking over each other? 🤔
    Not sure how this will work. Usually when I do this for work one person at a time talks. I guess we will find out. For those of you who have done this socially - how has it worked out? 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    MF117973 said:
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

Not sure how this will work. Usually when I do this for work one person at a time talks. I guess we will find out. For those of you who have done this socially - how has it worked out? 
    I did a mini college reunion/happy hour last weekend on zoom with a group of about 15 people and it worked out pretty well. It took a few minutes for us to learn to take turns and stop talking over each other, but it’s was fine after that. It actually ended up being a lot of fun; it was really good to actually get to socialize with people and have some drinks for a few hours to forget about all this craziness for a little while. 
    MF117973 said:
    MF117973 said:

Join Zoom Meeting

I did a mini college reunion/happy hour last weekend on zoom with a group of about 15 people and it worked out pretty well. It took a few minutes for us to learn to take turns and stop talking over each other, but it’s was fine after that. It actually ended up being a lot of fun; it was really good to actually get to socialize with people and have some drinks for a few hours to forget about all this craziness for a little while. 
    Great. Thanks. I hope this works out as well. Not sure how many people will show up. But I am sure we will get the hang of it. 
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    Not to bring up a touchy subject again, but has anyone received money from fan to fan resales yet? After waiting forever, i finally got a hold of someone on live chat. They kept saying they cant release any funds yet until the know if the event is going to be cancelled or postponed. Doesnt make any sense. First of all, its clearly marked as postponed. Second of all, i bought them on fan to fan. Pretty sure the person i sold them to has the same tickets in their account. I know i have the baltimore tickets in my account from fan to fan. How can they justify having multiple people with the same tickets in their accounts while holding the funds from both transactions?

None of the information i was getting made any sense. 

Anyway, i know these are crazy circumstances, and im trying to be patient, but theres just no excuse for it from a huge company like ticketmaster. Id be way more understanding about this if i was just seeking a refund, but im not. Its just additional $ from another sale. Sorry for the rant, but WTF!

Anyway, has anyone had better luck communicating with them? Anyone have a better idea about whats going on here? How about SHZA or whatever your name is...youve got to be holding a shit ton of tickets yeah? Is all that $ still in limbo?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    There’s a whole thread on this.  Lost in limbo.

I have suggested that someone organize a 100 signature petition to get 10c to get TM to fix this.  Others have suggested 10c will not do anything to help so don’t bother.  It’s an outrage in my opinion.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    Lifted said:
    Not to bring up a touchy subject again, but has anyone received money from fan to fan resales yet? After waiting forever, i finally got a hold of someone on live chat. They kept saying they cant release any funds yet until the know if the event is going to be cancelled or postponed. Doesnt make any sense. First of all, its clearly marked as postponed. Second of all, i bought them on fan to fan. Pretty sure the person i sold them to has the same tickets in their account. I know i have the baltimore tickets in my account from fan to fan. How can they justify having multiple people with the same tickets in their accounts while holding the funds from both transactions?

None of the information i was getting made any sense. 

Anyway, i know these are crazy circumstances, and im trying to be patient, but theres just no excuse for it from a huge company like ticketmaster. Id be way more understanding about this if i was just seeking a refund, but im not. Its just additional $ from another sale. Sorry for the rant, but WTF!

Anyway, has anyone had better luck communicating with them? Anyone have a better idea about whats going on here? How about SHZA or whatever your name is...youve got to be holding a shit ton of tickets yeah? Is all that $ still in limbo?
    That's my name. Basically I got paid until they postponed the shows, then they started holding payments. See below. I don't think multiple people own the same tickets - - they're just holding multiple payments. I'm not too concerned yet. But if ticketmaster is using the cash for operations and goes bankrupt... 

kst said:
    There’s a whole thread on this.  Lost in limbo.

I have suggested that someone organize a 100 signature petition to get 10c to get TM to fix this.  Others have suggested 10c will not do anything to help so don’t bother.  It’s an outrage in my opinion.
    I thought you were offering to organize the petition lol ☺️
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    Im just hoping they sort it out the right way. The last thing id want is for all the fan to fan sales to get cancelled and refunded once things start opening back up. As much as i want the $ from my nashville sales, I scored ga's for baltimore and i dont want to lose that purchase considering how hard they were to acquire. 
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    Lifted said:
    Im just hoping they sort it out the right way. The last thing id want is for all the fan to fan sales to get cancelled and refunded once things start opening back up. As much as i want the $ from my nashville sales, I scored ga's for baltimore and i dont want to lose that purchase considering how hard they were to acquire. 
    I don't see any reason sales would be canceled if the shows happen 
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    Now y’all really got some shit to worry about
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    I think this has a new meaning now for all of us:

/Repeat/Repeat/F5/Repeat
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
    JB274988 said:

/Repeat/Repeat/F5/Repeat
    Definitely. It was funnier when it was just referring to F5ing for tickets. It is slightly more ominous now - but still funny ;)

MF117973 said:
    JB274988 said:

/Repeat/Repeat/F5/Repeat
    Definitely. It was funnier when it was just referring to F5ing for tickets. It is slightly more ominous now - but still funny ;)

Agree...ughhhh 
    edited March 2020
    Hey, any one see Jill Vedder's instagram page. there are 2 short videos posted of Their daughters dancing and being goofy to DOTC and SBWM.... Put a smile on my face. Eddie has two beautiful daughters nice to see them enjoying their dad's music.
    if you dont have Instagram and want to see it. go on "The Google" and type in quarantune girl dance party.
    Post edited by epbadger on
  • epbadger said:
    Hey, any one see Jill Vedder's instagram page. there are 2 short videos posted of Their daughters dancing and being goofy to DOTC and SBWM.... Put a smile on my face. Eddie has two beautiful daughters nice to see them enjoying their dad's music.
    if you dont have Instagram and want to see it. go on "The Google" and type in quarantune girl dance party.
    The younger one makes the face with the eyes rolling .. it's crazy.... I love how much they enjoy music as well🤗🤗
    SHZA said:
    Lifted said:
    I don't see any reason sales would be canceled if the shows happen 
    As long as the show happens at a later date, I think your Baltimore GAs will still be applicable. So far, there has been no talk of cancellation, just postponement.

epbadger said:
    The younger one makes the face with the eyes rolling .. it's crazy.... I love how much they enjoy music as well🤗🤗
    Ha!!! yes!!! 
    Love it
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II