Brian Fallon

Comments

• NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Think I'm gonna check out his show tonight in Wilmington, Delaware. Not sold out or cancelled.
    How was it? 

it was good. I'm not too familiar with his solo stuff though (only have the Painkillers album). I wasn't really even aware he had a new album coming out. Played a mixture of stuff. Forgot about Horrible Crowes (which i am also not familiar with) which he played a few stuff from them. Did pick up his upcoming album, Local Honey, at the show. Apparently only played 2 songs off that though.

Sounds like a fun night out. Enjoy these opportunities while you can. Sounds like everything for the time being will get postponed ☹️

How's the new album, I'm looking forward to hearing it. It's not available in Australia until the end of the month. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Think I'm gonna check out his show tonight in Wilmington, Delaware. Not sold out or cancelled.
    How was it? 

it was good. I'm not too familiar with his solo stuff though (only have the Painkillers album). I wasn't really even aware he had a new album coming out. Played a mixture of stuff. Forgot about Horrible Crowes (which i am also not familiar with) which he played a few stuff from them. Did pick up his upcoming album, Local Honey, at the show. Apparently only played 2 songs off that though.

Sounds like a fun night out. Enjoy these opportunities while you can. Sounds like everything for the time being will get postponed ☹️

How's the new album, I'm looking forward to hearing it. It's not available in Australia until the end of the month. 

I haven't listened to the album yet.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    How was it? 

Have you listened to the album yet? I’m going bonkers at home waiting for it. I’ve really loved the singles. Great production too. The producer working on some of The National albums makes a lot of sense. I can hear it in the drums 100%. 
    How was it? 

Have you listened to the album yet? I’m going bonkers at home waiting for it. I’ve really loved the singles. Great production too. The producer working on some of The National albums makes a lot of sense. I can hear it in the drums 100%. 

i did, it was solid. Kinda short only like 8 songs though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    How was it? 

i did, it was solid. Kinda short only like 8 songs though.
    Nice! I’m surprised that he was selling it at shows so far ahead. 
    Only a couple more days. I honestly think I might be looking more forward to this than Gigaton!
    I can't wait for it either. 🥳 What a great week for music. 
    What’s your favorite of the new ones, Natasha? 21 Days guts me every damn time I hear it. I heard a live version of Vincent and I can’t wait for the studio cut of it. Haunting and beautiful. 
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    I've only listened to 2 singles so far - dig them both but I didn't want to have heard half the album by release date. 4 days away from a lot of good stuff though
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:
    I've only listened to 2 singles so far - dig them both but I didn't want to have heard half the album by release date. 4 days away from a lot of good stuff though
    Yeah. It’s weird how with four singles (and Vincent played live) that there’s only 3 totally new songs. This new marketing model of releasing over three songs before an album is out drives me crazy. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I know!  It's nice to have new albums from 2 of my favorites to look forward to....will definitely help get through this week.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Brian is the guest on the latest edition of Joseph Arthur's podcast

"Our guest this Episode is American Singer-Songwriter and Musician best known as the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarists and main lyricist of the rock band The Gaslight Anthem, BRIAN FALLON! Recorded early March, pre-Pandemic in anticipation of his new solo release coming out this week, LOCAL HONEY. We do a deep dive into his past and early days, his influences, the strong women in his life that helped pave the way, we talk Gaslight Anthem, solo projects, that one time Springsteen appeared on stage and asked to play, writing lyrics, raising a family, and the process of growing up and reflecting on life. Enjoy!"

https://youtu.be/DlcXiCuBAfE
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    I only listened to it once. Don’t really have a favorite song off it. Nothing stood out too much for me to be honest.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    What’s your favorite of the new ones, Natasha? 21 Days guts me every damn time I hear it. I heard a live version of Vincent and I can’t wait for the studio cut of it. Haunting and beautiful. 
    I haven't listened yet only a few more days 😃 looking forward to hearing Vincent after reading your comments. 
    Just listened through for the first time...sounds pretty good!  Wish there were some more upbeat songs like his other 2 records but still really like it.  "I Don't Mind if I'm With You" sounds so much like She Loves You from gaslight.  I'm no musician but that's pretty much the exact same riff right?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Just listened through for the first time...sounds pretty good!  Wish there were some more upbeat songs like his other 2 records but still really like it.  "I Don't Mind if I'm With You" sounds so much like She Loves You from gaslight.  I'm no musician but that's pretty much the exact same riff right?
    I agree, I like the album, but hope this is a one off and he has some rockers in the future. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Finished the new album this morning. Really enjoyed it. Can’t wait to play it again 
    I'm really enjoying this album. I wish Brian would tour Australia....once all of this craziness settles down. 
  • marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    edited March 2020
    "Don't Mind if I'm With You" sounds so much like She Loves You from gaslight" Saw him comment on this. He says he honestly didnt realize they were they same progression until someone mentioned it on twitter, lol. I guess when you write a ton of the songs over the years you forget all you’ve written. :) 
    Loving the new album. I guess he recorded a bunch of different versions of each song, including faster, more rocking versions of some of them, but in the end decided they got the point across better as presented. Would like a yang to this ying though. I am sure we will get plenty of rockers from him in the future. Such a lovely, personal, emotional album. Pearl Jam is my #1, but Brian and Gaslight are my 1a. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited March 2020
    It's really good all the way through!
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,586
    edited March 2020
    I received a digital download code with my vinyl record. Send me a PM if anyone hasn't purchased the album yet and it's yours for free.

GONE
    Post edited by jeff2040 on
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
    Anyone have any info on Brian's live stream? 
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I've streamed Local Honey a few times, hesitantly at first, as I was not a huge fan of his first 2 solo albums. I found them a but bland in bits, but this album has hit the mark for me. 
    I found myself really enjoying it an bought the vinyl on the weekend. Have listended to it a heap now and its a really good album, easily my favourite of anything he's done for a while, including TGA last album.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    This album gets better each listen. Love tracks 2,4,7!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    my drunk ass (a dozen or so PBR’s) is watching the horrible crows DVD.

damn, it’s good.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I listened to Brian's Christmas album Night Divine, I really enjoyed it but it's very rich. It don't be an album played regularly but will be lovely to listen to over Christmas. 
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    I listened to Brian's Christmas album Night Divine, I really enjoyed it but it's very rich. It don't be an album played regularly but will be lovely to listen to over Christmas. 
    I don’t know. This one is a bit rough for me.
    My copy is arriving today. I'm hoping I like it but I've heard some mixed reviews for sure...
    I don’t know. This one is a bit rough for me.
    Uhh yeah gave it a listen and that's definitely not for me.   Not sure if I'll bother seeing him on his upcoming tour....he's going in a way too mellow direction.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    His new album is what it is, it's a collection of holiday songs and I think he did a nice job with it. I doubt I'll listen to it outside of Nov/Dec each year, but my wife enjoyed the songs.

I am hoping that his new tour isn't to focus on this material, and I don't think it is. He hasn't really promoted this album too much, and I expect the tour will be mostly a Local Honey tour that he never got to do.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    pjpitt89 said:
    His new album is what it is, it's a collection of holiday songs and I think he did a nice job with it. I doubt I'll listen to it outside of Nov/Dec each year, but my wife enjoyed the songs.

I am hoping that his new tour isn't to focus on this material, and I don't think it is. He hasn't really promoted this album too much, and I expect the tour will be mostly a Local Honey tour that he never got to do.
    Well he’s playing with the full band so hoping plenty of Painkillers and Sleepwalkers stuff too. This album is more church music than holiday though. Which is fine but totally not my thing. 

This album aside I love his solo work but enough already. Bring back Gaslight. Or at least do both.